Video Support Specialist
The Institute for Public Strategies (IPS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of communities.
IPS is seeking a part time Video Support Specialist to carry out technology related tasks at the organization’s multiple office locations. This is a very hands-on position that requires the ability to multi task and exceptional prioritization skills. This part time position is located in IPS’s administrative headquarters based in San Diego, CA. The position could require potential travel.
This position will be responsible for providing company-wide support in the following areas, either directly and/or through collaboration with other resources across the organization:
- Video Editing and video department support
- Video editing and production using Final Cut Pro.
- Provide support to all offices / employees as needed
- Support Microsoft related technologies.
- Additional knowledge providing IT support to offices is a plus-troubleshooting and maintaining computers and networks
- Additional knowledge with websites is a plus.
Essential Behavioral Traits:
- The successful candidate is a high energy individual who demonstrates flexibility in work priorities, capable of multi-tasking and operating efficiently and effectively across multiple areas of responsibility.
- This person can anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks as they arise as well as adapt and respond quickly to opportunities. In addition, this person has demonstrated ability to put a plan in place and follow through to the end and, related skills of good time management, managing deadlines, and good team relationships.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and high comfort level working in a diverse environment.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in similar position.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace and ever changing environment.
- Familiarity with Final Cut Pro Software for video editing.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Familiarity with computers system and terminology to effectively work with IT support is a bonus.
- Familiarity with Dreamweaver and Contribute for website maintenance is a bonus.
This is a part time position which offers health coverage and other generous benefits.
No relocation assistance available.
Must have valid California Driver’s License, have car insurance and own a reliable vehicle to use during work.
See website: www.publicstrategies.org for descriptions of current and past projects.
Email cover letter, resume, and salary history.
In accordance with ADA guidelines, reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified and able to perform the functions of this position.
The Institute for Public Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.