The Institute for Responsible Technology is a world leader in educating policy makers and the public about genetically modified (GM) foods and crops. We investigate and report their risks and impact on health, environment, the economy, and agriculture, as well as the problems associated with current research, regulation, corporate practices, and reporting. IRT employs media experts, social network campaigners, writers, graphic designers, communications specialists, outreach professionals and support staff, who operate both at our headquarters in Iowa, and from virtual offices in the US.
IRT has an opportunity for a Development Coordinator to join the team. We are looking for a self-directed individual who is a strategic thinker and has strong decision making skills. In conjunction with the Managing Director, the Development Coordinator will develop plans to address financial needs on a long-term basis and coordinate fundraising and development efforts to drive participation and funding levels upward. A demonstrated track record of successful relationships with donors and sponsors is desired.
- Establish and maintain successful relationships with volunteers, clients, corporate and community leaders while coordinating multiple priorities with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience in gift recording and reporting for nonprofit institutions required, including demonstrated knowledge of gift reporting guidelines.
- Manage donor stewardship, correspondence and thank you letters.
- Create and run reports as requested for the Executive Team
- Conduct research and identify potential grant requests
- Develop grant proposals in conjunction with grant writers
- Contribute to the development of content, edit and proof fundraising campaigns.
- Plan and direct the implementation of solutions for informational needs for development.
Experience working with a non-profit organization, association or agency is required. Volunteer cultivation activities are a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and donor database programs required. Experience with Salsa preferred.
To apply please send:
Three professional references