Under the direct supervision of the IT Manager, the Technical Support Specialist, will provide in a timely and professional manner, technical assistance to IWE employees within the organization and to IWE clients and students at St. Augustine College facilities and in the field. The Technical Support Specialist will maximize computer systems capabilities in order to avoid any interruption to IWE's day-to-day operations.
1. Provide end user support via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium, or in person to on-site and off-site employees.
2. Configure equipment for trainings, performing installation of appropriate software and ensuring compliance with licensing requirements.
3. Setup and breakdown of mobile labs, or other equipment used for trainings at St. Augustine College facilities and in the field.
4. Install and troubleshoot hardware and peripheral equipment, including, but not limited to printers, fax, scanners, copiers, VoIP phone system and projectors.
5. Install, update, and troubleshoot software to ensure functionality and performance of employee workstations in Windows environment.
6. Act as a liaison between St. Augustine’s IT team and IWE’s IT department.
7. Design and update course materials for new and existing IWE courses.
8. Ensure accurate and correct editing of other training materials, and templates established by IWE.
9. Update materials according to feedback provided by Director of Training or IT Manager, and revise materials as necessary.
10. Perform reproduction and binding of student and instructor guides and other training materials per IWE training requirements.
11. Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment and training materials.
12. Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
1. Associate’s degree in information technology or related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience providing hands-on support.
2. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office 2007 and 2010 applications, Adobe Illustrator CS4+, InDesign CS4+ and Acrobat Pro X.
3. Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment.
4. Excellent problem solving skills.
5. Strong attention to detail.
6. Good written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English.
7. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
8. Evening and weekend availability required.
9. Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license and be able to provide own means of transportation.