Institute of International Education Employee Reviews

i have no comment
Senior HCM Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
I do not have a comment on this company. I do not see the need to write a review on this company. It is a non-profit organization that is going through reorganization and redesign.
A Corporate Assembly Line With Non-Profit Salaries
Program Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2017
Boy are they screwing this up. What used to be a pleasant work environment has turned into an unnecessary nightmare due to a "restructure." They are trying to create assembly lines rather than allowing personal oversight of individual programs, which has completely defeated staff who believed in the mission of IIE - to foster international education. Team members with decades of experience were shown the door, resulting in a constantly rotating young staff that keeps having to reinvent the wheel. The pay has always been low, but at least it was a pleasant workplace with a mission. The staff is very diverse… until you get to a certain level of management.
Pros
Good benefits. A friendly, diverse set of co-workers.
Cons
Low pay, no advancement, mismanagement
lots of changes
PART TIME TEMPORARY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2017
there have been a large number of changes at this organization and the HR department was very difficult to work with. There is a lack of forward thinking showcased by senior management and there is a lot of over corrections made that are not to the benefit of the organization. That all said the mission of the organization is great and if you are on the programs you do great work.
Great Place to Work
Help Desk Technician I (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2017
This is a great company to work for. The company has great health insurance benefits. The people care about the mission. Great co-workers as well. Wonderful work environment.
Productive place
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 14, 2017
Great place to work at! Enjoyed working with numerous types of people. I enjoyed working in the international development field as well.
Great place to start
Program Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2016
IIE is a fast-paced non-profit organization where you can learn about the field of international education. The best part of the job is your fellow employees who are dedicated to the mission of the organization.
Pros
Dedicated colleagues, room for growth, learn new skills
Cons
short-staffed
First time I learned to manage several blocks at the same time.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Learned SAP, AMS & Grantee system for the first time.

Very good working place and good people to work with.

Nothing to say more as I worked for a short period.
Cons
Great place to work, with a few important draw backs
Program Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2015
The people who work here are smart, driven, and incredibly capable. Some divisions have a great office culture and most people are working hard to innovate and grow professionally.

Some sponsors can be tricky and make innovation and change difficult. Incredible benefits, specifically after working at IIE for one or two years.

There is a lack of transparency that people are aware of, but not doing much about. Management is out of touch of people at lower grade levels. Salary is low.
Pros
International travel opportunities, great benefits, wonderful people
Cons
Managers who don't have management skills, low salary
Controller and Assistant Treasurer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2015
The people make it all worth it to come to work everyday. The mission also is very relavant with the fantastic work being done for students and schaolars around the world.
Nice workplace
Tax Department Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2015
It makes me more familiar with filling tax return process and most of the tax documents. Also, it makes me more detail-oriented.
Volunteer
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
I worked here as a teenager and volunteered my services in helping one of the national political parties. I learned about being a team player and helping with the community.
Fun environment with great peope
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
− Reviewed all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
− Charged expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices, while recording the entries
− Set up vendors in Payment Request System by processing vendor requests
Fun and productive workplace with amazing employees
Program Assistant/ Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Maintained field, admission and financial data and monitored accuracy. Reviewed and approved of enrollment forms/grade reports. Identified non-university sources of cost-sharing to supplement university cost-sharing. Worked as graphic designer/ edited corporate partner fliers, newsletters, and pamphlets.
Pros
free lunches at times
well done project
Payroll Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2014
When i got message from manager that my supervisor Medical leave for long time but i manage it to finish the project myself.
i leaned from IIE how indendently work and project done ontime.
Co-workers they are very helpful and nice person.
i have exprence for payroll last 7 years so i dont get hard time to the project done. but some time new time for me hardest part for little well, anyway i catch it very quick.
Most enjoyable part of the job when i finished payroll ontime and much less error and fixed it very quickly.
Pros
free wate and coffee.
Inclusive Environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
Very diverse --company wide. I was definitely included in the planning and organizing of projects & activities of the department-- even though it was a short term assignment [ as I was a temporary employee]. They also exposed me to various parts of the HR field and allowed me to explore it freely, yet with guidance and within the parameters of the project. I enjoyed and appreciated this, because my personality is one which always likes to be exposed to and learn new skills sets or bits of information.
IIE is a great place to work and has a wonderful atmosphere.
Senior Accountant - General Ledger (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
Working at IIE has created many benefits to my professional growth. I feel very happy and work very well with all of my team members, as well as with management. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people that I work with and the relationships that I have been able to build. I have been able to learn a great deal about Accounting, Finance, Management and how all of these different parts work together to create one entity. These are lessons that I will take with my forever.
Pros
Great Work life balance, flexible hours, personal time
Cons
Lower salary compared to market
My First day at job
Temporary Assisting -Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2014
The first day was typical day because i am little bit of nurvious of new office and envirement but its ok.
In the new job place first week i learn lots of new mertrials like project,role and regulations and new software.
The mangement was very great for me because of all of employees are nice and social.
I always take the hardest part of job as my challenge project.so my current project i am meetting as my challege period.
The most enjoyable part of the job is end of the day when i finished my job properly and on time schdule.
Pros
tea and water free
N/a
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2014
good place to learn tax preparation including individual federal and multi-state tax returns
Good Company
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 17, 2013
Good Company
Good staff
Good employment opportunity
Great location to work in downtown DC
Friendly people, dull office overall.
Personnel Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2013
I learned professionalism, I also learned legal hiring and firing practices that are necessary to be aware of in a personnel office.
Pros
Upbeat attitude
Cons
Bad location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Institute of International Education. Our community is ready to answer.

Institute of International Education Reviews by Location