Institute of International Education Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work, with a few important draw backs
Program Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2015
The people who work here are smart, driven, and incredibly capable. Some divisions have a great office culture and most people are working hard to innovate and grow professionally.

Some sponsors can be tricky and make innovation and change difficult. Incredible benefits, specifically after working at IIE for one or two years.

There is a lack of transparency that people are aware of, but not doing much about. Management is out of touch of people at lower grade levels. Salary is low.
Pros
International travel opportunities, great benefits, wonderful people
Cons
Managers who don't have management skills, low salary
Fun and productive workplace with amazing employees
Program Assistant/ Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Maintained field, admission and financial data and monitored accuracy. Reviewed and approved of enrollment forms/grade reports. Identified non-university sources of cost-sharing to supplement university cost-sharing. Worked as graphic designer/ edited corporate partner fliers, newsletters, and pamphlets.
Pros
free lunches at times
Controller and Assistant Treasurer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2015
The people make it all worth it to come to work everyday. The mission also is very relavant with the fantastic work being done for students and schaolars around the world.
Fun environment with great peope
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
− Reviewed all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
− Charged expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices, while recording the entries
− Set up vendors in Payment Request System by processing vendor requests
well done project
Payroll Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2014
When i got message from manager that my supervisor Medical leave for long time but i manage it to finish the project myself.
i leaned from IIE how indendently work and project done ontime.
Co-workers they are very helpful and nice person.
i have exprence for payroll last 7 years so i dont get hard time to the project done. but some time new time for me hardest part for little well, anyway i catch it very quick.
Most enjoyable part of the job when i finished payroll ontime and much less error and fixed it very quickly.
Pros
free wate and coffee.
Inclusive Environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
Very diverse --company wide. I was definitely included in the planning and organizing of projects & activities of the department-- even though it was a short term assignment [ as I was a temporary employee]. They also exposed me to various parts of the HR field and allowed me to explore it freely, yet with guidance and within the parameters of the project. I enjoyed and appreciated this, because my personality is one which always likes to be exposed to and learn new skills sets or bits of information.
IIE is a great place to work and has a wonderful atmosphere.
Senior Accountant - General Ledger (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
Working at IIE has created many benefits to my professional growth. I feel very happy and work very well with all of my team members, as well as with management. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people that I work with and the relationships that I have been able to build. I have been able to learn a great deal about Accounting, Finance, Management and how all of these different parts work together to create one entity. These are lessons that I will take with my forever.
Pros
great work life balance, flexible hours, personal time
Cons
lower salary compared to market
My First day at job
Temporary Assisting -Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2014
The first day was typical day because i am little bit of nurvious of new office and envirement but its ok.
In the new job place first week i learn lots of new mertrials like project,role and regulations and new software.
The mangement was very great for me because of all of employees are nice and social.
I always take the hardest part of job as my challenge project.so my current project i am meetting as my challege period.
The most enjoyable part of the job is end of the day when i finished my job properly and on time schdule.
Pros
tea and water free
Excelling organization with great programs furthering international education and discourse
Short Term Program Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2012
Co-workers are nice, friendly, and highly educated. The company programs and culture are very international and, therefore, world events often dictate the topic of many conversations, concerns, and issues that arise. This usually leads to very dynamic discussions and creative solutions.
Pros
tuition remission, free coffee, excellent benefits package, international travel
Cons
non-profit level compensation
Nice workplace
Tax Department Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2015
It makes me more familiar with filling tax return process and most of the tax documents. Also, it makes me more detail-oriented.
Volunteer
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
I worked here as a teenager and volunteered my services in helping one of the national political parties. I learned about being a team player and helping with the community.
Externship
Dr. Allan Goodman, President and CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2013
I was offerred the opportunity to tour Allan Goodman for two days. I learned all about the non-profit sector and what IIE does for education systems across the world.
Pros
learning from allan goodman
Friendly people, dull office overall.
Personnel Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2013
I learned professionalism, I also learned legal hiring and firing practices that are necessary to be aware of in a personnel office.
Pros
upbeat attitude
Cons
bad location
They used to value their employees, but not so much anymore
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2013
Management has become very top heavy. They have a great company mission.
Pros
very good benefits
Cons
managers don't appreciate their staff. high turnover.
Very nice office setting
Temp Admin Assistant- Fulbright Global Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2012
I'm only a temp, but the staff are extremely friendly and the office is easy going. and social.
Good Company
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 17, 2013
Good Company
Good staff
Good employment opportunity
Great location to work in downtown DC
N/a
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2014
good place to learn tax preparation including individual federal and multi-state tax returns