Institute of Technology

Institute of Technology Employer Reviews

Excellent Employer
Director, Business Division (Former Employee), Clovis, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: terrible industry publicity
The employees make this a great place to work! The for-profit industry is suffering right now due to gainful employment regulations and bad publicity with other for-profit institutions. This college is a great place to work with caring employees and a management team that is truly concerned with bettering the community by giving graduates the knowledge – more... to excel in their chosen field of study. – less
The place that taught me what i know today.
Directors Assistant (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 11, 2014
Institute of Technology is a career college that i had attended. After schooling they gave me an opportunity to work at the school with the dean of admissions. I got to further my knowledge and earn for experience in the field i was to pursue in my life. Everyone the was so amazing at what they did and helped me out whenever i needed it. The hardest – more... part of my job was leaving it. I enjoyed working there so much i never wanted to leave. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new software programs and got to interact with some of the students that attended the school as well. – less
Fun place to work, with a diverse workforce.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Clovis, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Although my time here was relatively short, it was one of the best times I had working with a big company, who affected so many people in the valley.
Great learning invironment for hands on learning
Student (Current Employee), Salem, ORApril 11, 2014
rather in the lab, in the class room, or on a field trip the instructors, faculty and staff always made themselves available to answer question, help with challenges both personal and professional and I never felt that anyone looked down on at me for life challenges.
Institute of technolgy was a great place to work at.
Front Desk Receptionist/ Human Resource (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 13, 2014
My typical day at work would be opening the campus at 7am Monday to Friday. I learned to handle keys, an student files. my boss was amazing at her job and taught me a lot to do with Human Resources. I greeted all the students , took payments, and kept a safe and clean work place.
great company
Medical Instructor (Current Employee), Redding, CAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: breaks
management is involved in creating a good atmosphere without being too much in your daily classes
Bad place to work
Accounting Instructor (Former Employee), Clovis, CAJuly 9, 2013
Staff are disposable at this school. No support nor understanding and they place students in a position of debt and without the job skills to get a job to pay off loans.
Great Starting Point
Assistant Director of Admission (Current Employee), Citrus Heights, CAJune 26, 2013
Great way to get exposed to the for profit educational industry.
poor managment and no culture or values
Learning Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMay 1, 2013
The management was very poorly handled because the Assistant Executive Director was also HR and there was a conflict of interest when it came to HR issues.

No culture or values. This was more of a financial institute that a vocational skilled institute.
The Talk Needs to Match the Walk
Receptionist (Current Employee), Citrus Heights, CAFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: close to home, nice people
Cons: open too late, poor management, money driven and not student driven
A typical day at IOT for me was simply coming in and sitting at my computer. I would wait for the phone to ring and greet anyone that came in. I had projects and I regularly asked for more to do. I learned I was a stronger employee than I thought I was. I had to be able stand on my own two feet since there was no solid piece of management to fall back – more... on. I loved my co-workers. They are amazing and hard working people who strived to make IOT the fun workplace that it could be. The hardest part of the job is a mixture of poor management when I started, it has since improved, and the ever so often upset student. The part I loved about my job at IOT was the schedule and how close it was to my residence. – less
Professional and fun atmosphere
Resource Center Assistant (Former Employee), Clovis, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Learned a lot from the resource center Librarian and co-workers.
Great place for cummunication
Career Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Modesto, CADecember 12, 2012
So many departments so many people great place to talk and be social
Great company
Receptionist (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 30, 2012
Pros: 50% lunches
It was a very busy place to work at. I was constanly helping our guest and when i was not busy i was helping other employees guest. We all worked as a team and got as much done as we could in one shift. I have great cutomer service skills and i had to multitask througout my shift.
Corporate has no morals. Just in it for the money.
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee), Redding, CAMay 18, 2012
Pros: great instructors
Cons: horrible management, corporate
Very stressful. To much time doing reports. Some students should of never been accepted into the programs due to background or education level.
Very friendly work place and all my co-workers are very suportive
Human Resource Assistant/ Financial Aide Assistant (Current Employee), Stockton, CAApril 13, 2012
My typical day at work, basic office duties, updating any missing time card punches, invoices, new hires. Data Entry
Was able to advance quickly , good pay!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMarch 14, 2012
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: culture
It was a great experience to meet with new people and help them plan their future. The pay is competitive and benefits are available. This is a high stress position and is not for everyone. Hours are flexible ranging from a shift starting at 8 am to a shift ending at 8 pm.
Excellent company to work for!
Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Modesto, CaDecember 19, 2011
Pros: it's all 'pros'
Cons: i was a work study, so when i finished my education, my job ended...would have stayed otherwise!
I am very proud to have worked for IOT. It was a completely wonderful experience!
Nice working enviorment
Lab assistant & Associate Lecture (Current Employee), Dublin, IrelandApril 30, 2014
Kind people.
Good communication paltform.
state of art engineering equipment
Visiting Faculty (Former Employee), Ahmedabad, GJDecember 27, 2013
Pros: -
Cons: 1 short break and 1long break
I got my first job here that was the best day in my life because this institute is one of those has a higher standard of engineering education in Gujarat. I had a chance to teach the talented students of the India. Management was always thought about the progress the students. and my head of the department and my staff-members were always support me.
Educative and great team
Technical support for laboratories (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2013
Equipment installations and repair,update inventory and report writings

Work responsibly with least of supervision at the same time work as a team

Enjoyed working with various technological equipments