Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Co-Workers
VN Instructor (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 17, 2015
Fun job with great co-workers where I was able to teach students fundamentals of becoming a nurse. Enjoyed working with many different students from varied backgrounds.
Pros
Teaching Students & Great Co-Workers
Cons
Sometimes difficult to understand changing management guidelines
Incredible Group of People
Network / LAN Administrator (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 5, 2015
Typically a day at work will consist of putting out fires on the Staff side of our dual network, and those that involve our Student Network side. They are separate. I learn something every day based on a dual network system requiring my attention on both sides each and every day. I have come to understand that management has our students pinned as our "Customers" which is correct as they are!However that also makes this matrix one of the hardest parts of my job and responsibility there. Because we have two separate networks, staff and student, which run off of two different servers, internet providers, printers etc. it can be difficult at times determining which is the ultimate priority. If the staff cannot teach utilizing our technology, there is a serious problem, however if the staff network is down, we also (as is understandable) have an issue as well. I think what makes my job so enjoyable, believe it or not, is deciding and correcting the correct issue to keep things moving. It is the challenge, the arriving at the right decision between the two that manages to keep them both working under the circumstances.
Pros
Helping the students, many at times who certainly come to me with their issues which I am able to solve for them.
Cons
The task of keeping two completely separate networks running under one roof, With a wide variety of various software, Working for both groups..
I believe the other instructors are really trying to do a good job, however their campus CEO does not have a clue what nursing instructors need.
Nursing Faculty (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 29, 2014
Overall, good people work there and good LPN graduates come from this program. It is just they could be better if they were to provide better compensation for their educators, poor wages, poor benefits, Also the work environment is extremely poor for the instructors whom work there. 15 or so instructors are all jammed into one very small room with barely enough work space to place a book beside their computer workstation. Very noisy, very crowded, poor ventilation (always too hot in there), and always having to have any teaching material "approved" by someone whom has less education then the instructor themselves.
Pros
nursing education program
Cons
poor wages, poor work environment, poor benefits.
Productive, friendly, and professional environment
Administrative Assistant Criminology Department (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAOctober 30, 2014
I enjoyed meeting the deadlines and constantly getting positive feedback from my supervisor when I am able to complete the job successfully. Awesome and professional environment to be around!
Summer Intern
Summer Research Intern Fellowship (Former Employee) –  CWAugust 12, 2014
Summer Internship in the field of environmental bioremediation for a period of 3 months.
Excellent Employer
Director, Business Division (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJuly 1, 2014
The employees make this a great place to work! The for-profit industry is suffering right now due to gainful employment regulations and bad publicity with other for-profit institutions. This college is a great place to work with caring employees and a management team that is truly concerned with bettering the community by giving graduates the knowledge to excel in their chosen field of study.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
terrible industry publicity
The place that taught me what i know today.
Directors Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 11, 2014
Institute of Technology is a career college that i had attended. After schooling they gave me an opportunity to work at the school with the dean of admissions. I got to further my knowledge and earn for experience in the field i was to pursue in my life. Everyone the was so amazing at what they did and helped me out whenever i needed it. The hardest part of my job was leaving it. I enjoyed working there so much i never wanted to leave. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new software programs and got to interact with some of the students that attended the school as well.
Fun place to work, with a diverse workforce.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 5, 2014
Although my time here was relatively short, it was one of the best times I had working with a big company, who affected so many people in the valley.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great learning invironment for hands on learning
Student (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 11, 2014
rather in the lab, in the class room, or on a field trip the instructors, faculty and staff always made themselves available to answer question, help with challenges both personal and professional and I never felt that anyone looked down on at me for life challenges.
Institute of technolgy was a great place to work at.
Front Desk Receptionist/ Human Resource (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 13, 2014
My typical day at work would be opening the campus at 7am Monday to Friday. I learned to handle keys, an student files. my boss was amazing at her job and taught me a lot to do with Human Resources. I greeted all the students , took payments, and kept a safe and clean work place.
great company
Medical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAAugust 28, 2013
management is involved in creating a good atmosphere without being too much in your daily classes
Pros
people
Cons
breaks
Bad place to work
Accounting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJuly 9, 2013
Staff are disposable at this school. No support nor understanding and they place students in a position of debt and without the job skills to get a job to pay off loans.
Great Starting Point
Assistant Director of Admission (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJune 26, 2013
Great way to get exposed to the for profit educational industry.
poor managment and no culture or values
Learning Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 1, 2013
The management was very poorly handled because the Assistant Executive Director was also HR and there was a conflict of interest when it came to HR issues.

No culture or values. This was more of a financial institute that a vocational skilled institute.
The Talk Needs to Match the Walk
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAFebruary 23, 2013
A typical day at IOT for me was simply coming in and sitting at my computer. I would wait for the phone to ring and greet anyone that came in. I had projects and I regularly asked for more to do. I learned I was a stronger employee than I thought I was. I had to be able stand on my own two feet since there was no solid piece of management to fall back on. I loved my co-workers. They are amazing and hard working people who strived to make IOT the fun workplace that it could be. The hardest part of the job is a mixture of poor management when I started, it has since improved, and the ever so often upset student. The part I loved about my job at IOT was the schedule and how close it was to my residence.
Pros
close to home, nice people
Cons
open too late, poor management, money driven and not student driven
Professional and fun atmosphere
Resource Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Learned a lot from the resource center Librarian and co-workers.
Great place for cummunication
Career Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 12, 2012
So many departments so many people great place to talk and be social
Great company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 30, 2012
It was a very busy place to work at. I was constanly helping our guest and when i was not busy i was helping other employees guest. We all worked as a team and got as much done as we could in one shift. I have great cutomer service skills and i had to multitask througout my shift.
Pros
50% lunches
Corporate has no morals. Just in it for the money.
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 18, 2012
Very stressful. To much time doing reports. Some students should of never been accepted into the programs due to background or education level.
Pros
great instructors
Cons
horrible management, corporate
Very friendly work place and all my co-workers are very suportive
Human Resource Assistant/ Financial Aide Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 13, 2012
My typical day at work, basic office duties, updating any missing time card punches, invoices, new hires. Data Entry

Institute of Technology Reviews by Location