INSTITUTE ON AGING
The mission of Institute on Aging is to assure that people, as they age, be as healthy and independent as possible. To realize this mission, we create and provide innovative programs in health, social services, education and research. After more than twenty-five years, these IOA programs continue enabling older and disabled adults to remain in their homes and communities while living life fully.
POSITION TITLE: Director of Client Services (RN)
REPORTING RESPONSIBILITY: Palo Alto Site Director
Based in Palo Alto, oversees all aspects of Nursing Care provided by Home Care and Support Services Division of IOA. Serves as administrative lead of client services and quality assurance. Serves as primary contact for potential home care and/or home health clients and performs the initial assessment to enroll clients in services. Supervises all nursing staff and provides supervision/oversight of home care aides. Provides ongoing nursing assessment and assistance to home care clients and families.
SUPERVISES: Home Care RN/LVN, Wellness RN/LVNs, Home Care Aides
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provides supervision and oversight of Skilled Nursing Services (primary service is medication management).
- Supervises and evaluates competency of Home Care RN/LVNs, Wellness RNs, and Home Care Aides (HCAs). Oversees and supervises assessments and re-assessments performed by nursing staff.
- Serves as lead member of Quality Assurance team, which reviews agency practice, policy, procedure and documentation as well as investigates “near miss” situations. Directs QA team to conduct supervisory visits of home care clients to review HCA performance on the job.
- Provides initial intakes for potential Private Duty Home Care clients, connecting inquiring customers with other IOA services as needed. Works closely with IOA Connect staff to ensure all initial inquiries for service are met.
- Coordinates initial enrollment for clients receiving care from the Home Care and Support Services Division. Facilitates client’s transition into care and serves as point-of-contact for clients and family members.
- Serves as a resource to division staff for problem solving, HCA performance issues, and staffing changes for Private Duty Home Care clients.
- Provides home visit initial assessments for Private Duty Home Care clients, reassessments every 6 months and telephone assessments as needed, usually every 90 days.
- Ensures compliance with Title XXII regulations.
- Ensures that documentation of home health and nursing services is complete, accurate, and compliant with regulations when applicable.
- Works with the Director of Home Care Services and Site Director on the development and implementation of policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirements and quality assurance for Skilled Nursing and Private Duty Home Care Services.
- Works with the Director of Home Care Services and Site Director in hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating Skilled Nursing, Wellness, and Home Care staff.
- Works closely with Care Management staff to ensure coordination of nursing, home care, home health, and care management services
- Ensures the delivery of quality care, services, and safe work practices.
- Conducts ongoing outreach and marketing for Private Duty Home Care and Skilled Nursing Services. Works with the Director of Home Care Services and Site Director to identify and target areas of industry growth.
- Provides back-up coverage for division staff, including providing on-call Nursing guidance to Private Duty Home Care Coordinators, coverage of medication management clients, or Wellness Nursing shifts as needed.
- Provides tuberculin skin tests to staff and HCAs on an annual basis. Refers staff for X-rays when necessary, and performs symptom reviews as necessary.
- Actively participates in and encourages actions that promote good public relations with clients, their families, and the community.
- Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Required: Registered Nurse with a BA or higher degree in nursing.
- Training in geriatrics/gerontology preferred.
- Care Management experience preferred.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Required: Three years of work in a home health agency, primary care clinic, or health facility
- Required: At least one year in a supervisory or administrative role at a home health agency, primary care clinic, or health facility required.
- Experience in private duty home care preferred.
- Proven organizational, leadership, and coaching/mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team care setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of normal aging and health care of older adults, care management, rehabilitation, and health issues relevant to frail elderly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of computer programs, and ability to learn new software within 3 months of hire.
E-mail a cover letter and resume, positively demonstrating your ability in relation to this position, referring to your previous academic, professional, voluntary and personal experience. Please state the position title in the subject line and indicate from which website or source you learned about this position. Alternately you may fax your application to 415-750-5333.
Institute on Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 22 months ago