Instron Employee Reviews

No communication
Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 21, 2017
I can only speak on the AR side. Very stressful due to a lack of communication within department in order to solve complex issues with customers. Immediate supervisor has no credit skills and does not have the maturity for the position
Pros
Attempts to give employee satisfaction
Cons
No team effort
Great place to work. Casual environment.
Manager Compliance & Logistics (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 2, 2017
The company has really matured over the last decade or so. The ITW Board of Directors has done a lot to improve the company's performance over the last few years. This has trickled down to the business unit level. I find the environment to be casual and one where everyone is treated equally. Some efficiency improvements are needed. I'm confident they will happen over the next couple of years. Company's operating system just upgraded a couple of years ago. In need of more IT support to take full advantage of the new ERP.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, team building events, summer soccer and volleyball
Cons
Not too many
good place to work
Production Manager - Machine Shop (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PADecember 29, 2016
a lot of flexibility and support from management. Some training and investments in new capital equipment. Up to date tooling and fixturing. Shipping some orders in a reduced timeline is challenging
Very friendly environment
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Wycombe, PADecember 15, 2016
Enjoy to work.
People are helpful.
All facilities like restaurant, coffee machines are inside.
Appreciate people who has good performer.
Pros
Restaurant inside, Parties
Cons
Nothing found
Has been an excellent place to work for the past 11+ years.
Quality Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PANovember 24, 2016
Instron has been an excellent place to work. I learned much about the testing industry as it relates to hydraulic and electro-mechanical testing equipment and machines. I've gained a tremendous amount of experience with the operation, troubleshooting, and corrective action of this equipment.
I would not be leaving Instron, except the company has decided to re-locate the plant in Massachusetts.
Pros
Excellent 401K, and vacation plans. Flex time work schedule.
Cons
Plant is re-locating
Good Place to work.
Sr. Web Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MANovember 13, 2016
No complaints. Have been here for a while. Most employees stay with the company long term. There have been many opportunities to learn and to grow. I highly recommend this organization.
Interesting and Fun Place to Work
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAMarch 17, 2016
My daily duties are to place Purchase Orders to different suppliers. Once the Purchase Orders have been placed, I am to follow up to make sure that these Purchase Orders have been received by the Supplier & that they are able to meet my delivery requirements.

It is a fun place work. I get along with everyone that I work with, including the Suppliers that I deal with on a day to day basis.
Home of many nonproductive meetings
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJanuary 16, 2016
I do not recomend working here. Many long timers go thru thier day pushing thier imaginary F it button. Then joke about it being a button pressing day with the other long timers they chat with.This attitude comes from how they get treated by managment. Very top heavy with many layers of managers.
nice management
Senior Quality Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAOctober 6, 2015
Good work place. Good company values. Employees have good work ethic and work well as team members. Work load is fair and management is very nice to their employees.
Pros
Is a good work place
Cons
Lots of traffic geeting to ths location
Enjoy the equipment.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 10, 2015
I like working on the equipment and visiting the customers in their lab and there is a lot to learn about the industry. I enjoy working with my co-workers when they come out to my territory and work with me. The hardest part of my job is not having enough time in the day to complete the work required on the equipment and traveling to and from the customer and having to do all the admin work.
Very interesting products
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  MidwestAugust 25, 2013
You can set your own schedule, as long as the work gets done nobody bothers you. There are many interesting products and services offered to the customers, there's never a dull moment if you want to keep learning.
Product is good
Sr. Service Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAOctober 19, 2012
Working conditions are good. The quality of workmenship is good.