Instructure Employee Reviews

Poor communication and company direction
Services QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTApril 28, 2017
This company does not care about the people that build it. Its growth has been too fast and it's at high risk for collapse. They have a lot of work to do if they want to survive in the software industry. Poorly built tools with short schedules just plaster the cloud with hard work to clean up later. Speaking now specifically to the software engineers that might want a job there.
Great Job
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTJanuary 17, 2017
Instructure is an awesome company. The only negative I have is that some mid-level managers are carry way too much influence because of some close relationships they have with the senior team.
Great company to work for!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 14, 2016
An excellent company to establish solid experience in a SaaS environment. Many super bright people to work with. Great place to hone your skills and learn about many different technologies and during my tenure with this company.
Pros
free lunches, work from home, flexible schedule
Cons
Still growing their training resources
Productive and efficient
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 28, 2016
- Awesome opportunities
- Growing like crazy
- Lots of travel and more than 40 hr work weeks
- fully stocked kitchen and weekly catered meals
- Great leadership
Amazing company
Build Engineer (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTApril 14, 2016
Amazing company to work for. You work hard and they reward you in abundance. Dynamic bleeding edge technology company.
Cons
Productive, fun, and positive place to work
Customer Success Manager, K-12 Team (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 24, 2015
I loved our product and that our cause--bettering education--was something I could absolutely get behind. One of the highlights of this role was the strength of my team. My manager and her manager were awesome, our team was close-knit, and everyone I worked with was happy, helpful, and kind. The company works very hard to make sure its employees are well taken care of, and employees work hard to make sure their clients are taken care of.

Collaboration and cross-team communication is emphasized. Even the CEO doesn't have an official office, but sits at a desk in an open work space just like all the other employees. He would regularly invite employees from all parts of the company--young and old, new or veteran--to a lunch in a conference room with him, where he would ask for feedback on our company's product, clients, etc.

Overall, I loved working here and wish I didn't have to leave due to relocation with my husband's job.
Pros
Great product, passionate people, awesome company culture and hard-working employees
Fun, Fast Moving, Innovative Place to work
Senior Manager, Community Team (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 11, 2015
Instructure provides a great work environment, competitive salary and benefits, and has a bright future. Everybody wants to work there and for good reason!
Fun Culture
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 22, 2015
Instructure is a really fun place to work and has great people there. They really care about the employees and provide a lot of great benefits like good health care, free food, nice equipment, nice office, etc.
Work for a day!
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 28, 2014
Great team, great culture, enough to be myself, let politics fly because we always get better.

Encouraged to use spearhead in my job descriptions.

If you do your work, and do it well, it will show and be acknowledged.

Lots of room for growth, lots of fun, just be a real person, and don't let the small stuff get to you or you'll forget how great the experience can be for your lifetime opportunity!
Pros
free lunches...sure, you get healthy and treats as options
Cons
grumpy people that forget to have fun
growing company
SENIOR SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  new york nyOctober 3, 2013
Was not happy here. cultural differences, utah based company.

good business model and good in industry segment. startup
Pros
worked remotely
Cons
cultural

Want to know more about Instructure?

Ask a question
Product Manger (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTAugust 11, 2012
Great culture with silicon valley startup feel. Instructure is trying to change the world of education and it shows everywhere.
Pros
free lunch once a week, great benefits, smart people
Cons
growing pains