Instrumentation Laboratory Employee Reviews

Nice facility, health & 401k benefits
QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 6, 2015
Some departments are meant as overhead and treated as such, so you need someone who can build teams and make you feel as valuable contributor.

Selection process for management positions leaves something  more... to wish for. You can contribute majority of departments performance and be paid $5-7/hr less than the 'next guy'.

Otherwise excellent place to master your skills and experience on best tools you can imagine.  less
Pros
Great to build experience
Cons
No career advancements
Nothing but chaos
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  OrangeburgMarch 26, 2015
No real management at all. Supervisors have no idea what is going on, only plan for the here and now no vision for tomorrow. Equipment is old and has not been taken care of in years. No teamwork or training, every man for himself. Money was great but not worth it. Health benefits were expensive 401K match is good.
Pros
401K, good hourly pay.
Cons
Everything else.
Great 401K, Management in flux
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 16, 2015
Company overall is a good place to work, but experiencing growing pains. Management is in flux. Top heavy in some departments. Having an impact on process and procedures. As a result the company is becoming  more... less personal and less like a family than it was just a few short years ago. Many employees are starting to retire after long careers at IL, but new employees can't count on that kind of loyalty from the company any more. Bottom line and head count focused.  less
Great benefit good salary
Incoming Inspection Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 27, 2015
This company has great benefits and good salary. Doing good in the market. In Operation department people are really nice and friendly. The other side of the building out of operation is a completed other company. There is some lack in communication.
Pros
good benefit, great cafeteria
Cons
no communication in between department
Good Company to work for.
Senior Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAFebruary 13, 2015
They provided interesting work in an environment where my supervisors appreciated what I did. I was able to continue developing my skills with in house training, outsourced retreats for training, and they compensated for online courses I completed.

They had nice company events and the 401K was great with 8% matching. If I did not leave for more education I would still be there.
Great Place to Work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 22, 2014
I have been at Instrumentation Laboratory for 5.5 years and I really enjoy my job. Management really cares about employee's well being. I love the benefits. (Tuition Reimbursement, Health Care, etc.)
Pros
salaries, tuition reimbursement, vacation
A Broken System
Principal Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 19, 2014
The hardest part of this job is keeping up with rapidly changing priorities. Management plays favorites to the detriment of the rest of the organization. Recent run ins with the FDA have caused a massive shift in culture, which will improve some things once the dust settles.
Pros
subsidized cafeteria & gym
Cons
mismanagement
Orangeburg facility is not the best place to work
SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJanuary 23, 2014
like the fast pace at this manufacturing facility.
Co-workers are nice to work with
managment does not value talent and harness the expertise at hand
hardest part of a job is to work in a company where hard work is not appreciated except for some hand claps. Employee morale is low.
Fun part is co workers.
Management needs to change. HR needs to be more sociable and approachable.
Pros
free bagels (monthly)
Cons
no career growth for employees, low pay
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAAugust 5, 2013
Enjoyed working with other writers, engineers, and assembly line people.
Pros
great cafe
Cons
too far to commute
Instrumentation Laboratory is a company that cares about its employees as much as it cares about progress in diagnostic technology
Immunochemistry R&D Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJuly 28, 2013
I enjoyed working in this environment. There was a demand for results, but as an intern, I received highly adequate training and preparation for my tasks. I believe it was the interpersonal guidance I received that allowed me to contribute to this company with impact under such as short amount of time.
Material Handler
Material handler (Former Employee) –  OrangeburgApril 29, 2013
I worked at Instrumentation Laboratory for 6 weeks. The main supervisor is a very bitter older man who treats his employees horribly, especially his secretary. You could always hear him screaming and cursing  more... at her. There was one team leader in particular who is racist against Hispanics and had no problem making it known. The work load is fine and the hours of operation as well. Its the people that work there who are not easy to work with.  less
Pros
nice work hours, allowed to take a lunch break
Cons
racist employees and alot of tension
Good Company
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 29, 2013
This is a good company to work with allot of growth in the industry.
productive is good
Operator of production (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYMarch 5, 2013
In the instrumentation Laboratory , i work as operator production , i was taking the product the machinist and i clean them . i package , fix and bring in the warehouse for the shipping. I did learn many thing in this job and my co-workers was nice person with me in the company .
Pros
i have 45mns for lunch every day
Past employee
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 28, 2012
Fantastic company. Worked as Field Service Engineer. Management great,coworkers would do anything to help you out. Tech. support very helpful when in need.
Pros
good salary, benefits and great coworkers.
Cons
eliminated field service, lost my job
Senior Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 14, 2012
Plenty of work to be done. Great opportunities for progression. Continuously striving for excellence to be the best in the business. Takes great care of employees. Benefits are fantastic.
Pros
great employees