INSULECTRO Employee Reviews

Ok but don't give raises
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAApril 30, 2017
This job start out being fun but end ups not so fun management is not good Lots of favoritism , lots of brown noses and if you are not in with the right people you don't matter . I would not recommend this company ...
Pros
Free company parties
Cons
Always being watched on the cameras/ no raises
Run, not walk away from this company.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2017
If you want to work in distribution, this is not the place to be. Note the continuous postings for warehouse/material handling people. Very high turn over rate, most likely due to the way this group is treated. Very disorganized, long hours (while other departments "work from home").
Pros
Paychecks didn't bounce
Cons
Hostile work environment.
best people, best products, and most fun
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMarch 2, 2017
I am proud to be part of the Insulectro team. We are the best and everyone knows it. We are the team that the competitors are chasing. We have the best people, the best products, and the most fun. Management works hard to keep a fresh perspective, instill a sense of flexibility and a culture of entrepreneurial spirit.
Pros
Company does a good job keeping employees engaged with team-building, fun activites & celebrations.
Cons
Company can do better at consistently updating intranet & publishing newsletter.
By far the least professional organization I' ve ever worked for.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 4, 2016
Worked in a branch warehouse that was understaffed. So, I put in a lot of extra hours, took on additional assignments, even delivered product after hours with my own vehicle. Did things get better? Not on your life. The culture was based on whose hinny you kissed. Diligent work accounted for nothing.
Pros
It paid the bills.
Cons
Too numerous to list.
Long hours everyday but good people overall.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 4, 2015
Very disorganized place. Typical day was 10-12 hours of driving, pulling orders, unloading freight and breaking down freight. Management seemed oblivious to problems and was slow to react to needs. Co-workers were good people. Hardest part of the job was the hours and the impact on your work/life balance because there was none. Most enjoyable part was the relationships I had with my customers.
Pros
Good people and overtime pay.
Cons
Too much overtime, management was lacking.
always short handed.......way too much overtime
Distribution Delivery Driver/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Being short handed was a way of life there. And working 50-60 hours every week was the norm. Did not learn much as there was no time to learn. Management, while nice people, was handcuffed by lackluster leadership at the top. We were the profit making branch but were virtually ignored in many ways. My co-workers were great people. Worked hard with good camaraderie. Just too many hours worked all the time.
Pros
Not many really...
Cons
Too many to list
Fun place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest CAMay 5, 2014
First the in the morning had a huddle meeting with the whole crew. Went over the numbers from the day before. Make sure we are on track to comply with the customer demands. Had the crew do cycle counts every day and enter the results. Also had a daily production meeting to see what department needed help and move personal where they can be more productive. Run daily reports and make sure all daily orders get packed and shipped properly.
Pros
Hands on with the team.
Cons
To many meeting that had nothing to do with the W.H.
Productive good place to start
C.N.C Operator (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJanuary 6, 2014
Simple set up up load down load of programs and tool packing shipping receiving forklift operation logging of movement of product thru job system clean up and pass over to third shift
Pros
full time 40 plus hrs
Cons
Travel
Significant challenges, stimulating and rewarding work environment.
Warehouse/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 17, 2013
Daily activities required were team meetings, scheduling, prioritizing and successfully handling a challenging fast-paced agenda.
Working alongside of Customer Service, Purchasing, and direct reporting to Management internally. Interaction with Suppliers, Customers and Vendors externally on an ongoing basis.
Meeting tight truck and production schedules and budget committments were difficult but challenging and rewarding!
Pros
possitive interactions and feedback from internal and external customers.
Cons
staying focused on daily planned activities while juggling the new tasks as they arose!
Family owned business who ony take care of their family.
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 21, 2012
The Company does not give cost of living increases to their employees. There are employees at the company that have not received an increase in 10 years - which isn't uncommon.
Cons
they don't give pay increases to employees. employee moral is very low.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at INSULECTRO. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8