Insurance Agency Employee Reviews

Feels like family when working there.
Auto Insurance Clerk - AULTON VANN JR (Former Employee) –  1834 Market Street Pascagoula, MS 39567April 22, 2017
We all formed a close family friendship. Everyone pitched in to help each other in getting various job tasks completed in a timely manner. If we had some kind of problem with our job tasks, other staff would assist in getting the problem resolved .
Pros
Very caring staff
Cons
Not enough pay for the job performed during office hours
nice place but very low job security, job is good but management is poor.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 1, 2017
nice place but very low job security, job is good but management is poor. frustrating environment. the most part of the job is micro management. no employee satisfaction
Busy/stressful office
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearlake, CAJanuary 22, 2017
The day is usually busy, fast-paced, and stressful. There is a lot of customer service skills involved with public interaction.
Do it all
Insurance Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 7, 2017
Insurance sales and services. Complete all office duties, insurance sales and services.. Be prepared to do it all by yourself.. Don't expect agency owner to step up to issues that they have caused.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Be prepared to give 150%
Self-Employment opportunity
Sales and Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 23, 2016
This is an insurance agency selling insurance products. You can only succeed if you stay in the business and build up your book of business. Very poor management with zero benefits.
Pros
Culture is OK
Cons
no room for growth unless you want to start your own book of business
Customer service and teamwork
Customer Service/Agent Support (Current Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 19, 2016
At the insurance company-Customer education and understanding of insurance. Explained billing and cost increases for insurance, bringing people down to calm and organized thinking of the processes involved for a claim.

Construction lending- to coordinate the final monies on home build project. Working with customer, builder, insurance, title, final monies dispersed. I kept the project moving forward, helped defuse issues and got the process finished.

Dental office- Explained procedures, costs and oversaw patient care and their concerns.

I have been fortunate to work with good people and have gained the knowledge to work effectively along side all types of personalities.

I enjoy the challenge of new ideas, understanding and working towards goals that benefit the business and being a part of the team!
Good
Personal assistant, secretary (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLNovember 2, 2016
Good small insurance agency.
Very competent owner.
I learned how to make financial agreement and to use a new database.
Hours were perfect, close to my house.
Not a bad place to be
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  AllentownAugust 30, 2016
The office culture here is amazing and the job itself, as long as you get a decent territory, isn't bad at all either. Overall I highly recommend this employer.
stressful place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 26, 2016
to do this kind of job, you need to like insurance. unfortunately I do not.but I still done my everyday job well,that is my duty.my co-works are friendly, I like them.the Only reason that I want to change my job is that the kind of job is not my thing, I still love art and teaching.
small layed back environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 9, 2016
Small office environment give the opportunity to work closely with the clients and form relationships. Co _workers are fun to be with and management is east going. Enjoy the flexibility and getting to know the clients.
Csr
MANAGEMENT OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Houston TX 77024March 18, 2016
Customers Service is a fast growing career with constant changes to provide better service , and in this aspect. I want to be part of it. I am very fast learner with speedy skills to keep up with this rapid growth and improvement.
Productive and a place to learn something new everyday.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Absecon, NJNovember 16, 2015
Very friendly place, learn something new everyday, very cooperative co-worker, and respectful each other. No fighting, argument or discrimination. Love the environment.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No benefits
See below.
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PANovember 9, 2015
Leave for work at 8:00 a.m. and return approximately 5:30 pm.
Dealing with current and past/future customers on their specific insurance needs and provide added information on products they may not be aware of and possibly find necessary to protect curent family and assets..
Providing personal care to each current or prospective client.
Pros
Doctor appoints acceptable and friendly office atmosphere.
Cons
No health insurance or benefits.
I learned a lot from in this position
Customer Service/Billing/receptionist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 31, 2015
I walked into this position knowing very little about the insurance field and within the first year I became a licensed insurance agent.

This office is small with less than 50 employees. Not hiring the correct amount of employees means additional work for others. When one employee is performing the job of three or four it tends to really wear down an employee. Lack of appreciate and hostile behavior when one asks questions or makes a minor mistake is truly inappropriate behavior in the work place.

Grateful for the opportunity to work and learn the field while I held this position. Showing my worth did not result in a raise or promotion, but rather more work.
Pros
taking a lunch when I needed, close to home
Cons
lack of review and raises, stress was at a high
Great work experience.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  pensacola FlJanuary 21, 2015
Great work experience. Duties included Faxing, following up for payments, greeting customers, data entry, mailing, postage machine, keeping contact information up to date, attaching and saving to computer. Experienced in Access, Word, Power Point, Excel, Windows.
that is not a good place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  bainbridge GAJanuary 5, 2015
I left for personal reason, wouldn't recommend anyone to work there, unless they want to flirted with and sexually profiled at work. The manger is very unprofessional. When you inform that you don't to be contacted by them unless it is business related he will fire you.
the fact of the matter he wont pay unless its under the table if you do go there inform the manger that you or either married or in an committed relationship. I didn't enjoy working here, there is no way i would ever go back there.
Pros
no pros
Cons
the manger is a pervert
Wounderful and possitive exsprience
Office & Customer Service Volunteer Support (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2014
helping out without pay, and lust soaking up the time and education of it all within this agency was a blast and I'm happy to have had the chance to be there and learn.
Pros
The chance to meet with people and learn.
Cons
Not enough time in the day to stay on due to full time school and full time job.
telecommunications
Customer Service Positions (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAMay 8, 2014
REALLY i have done this one already. It was great telecommunication experience.
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTMarch 25, 2014
I spent 4 1/2 years here. It was busy, so I was happy. I learned how to use the computer well while at this place of employment. I had a super co-worker. It was nice to feel important because I was able to do most everything besides write the policies.
Cozy atmosphere with a Flexible Schedule.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCJanuary 23, 2014
This was not a positive environment to work in for me as I did not enjoy the Insurance business. I found a lot of the business to be dishonest and therefore I could not stay. It was the first job I accepted after moving here and I am sorry it didn't work out, but glad to move on to something that better suits my background and experience. There is a position for everyone and I hope that they will find someone that will fit in with them and what they do there, it's just not me.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
No benefits. Low pay. No room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insurance Agency. Our community is ready to answer.