Insurance Agency Employee Reviews in United States

I learned a lot from in this position
Customer Service/Billing/receptionist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 31, 2015
I walked into this position knowing very little about the insurance field and within the first year I became a licensed insurance agent.

This office is small with less than 50 employees. Not hiring the correct amount of employees means additional work for others. When one employee is performing the job of three or four it tends to really wear down an employee. Lack of appreciate and hostile behavior when one asks questions or makes a minor mistake is truly inappropriate behavior in the work place.

Grateful for the opportunity to work and learn the field while I held this position. Showing my worth did not result in a raise or promotion, but rather more work.
Pros
taking a lunch when I needed, close to home
Cons
lack of review and raises, stress was at a high
See below.
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PANovember 9, 2015
Leave for work at 8:00 a.m. and return approximately 5:30 pm.
Dealing with current and past/future customers on their specific insurance needs and provide added information on products they may not be aware of and possibly find necessary to protect curent family and assets..
Providing personal care to each current or prospective client.
Pros
Doctor appoints acceptable and friendly office atmosphere.
Cons
No health insurance or benefits.
Productive and a place to learn something new everyday.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Absecon, NJNovember 16, 2015
Very friendly place, learn something new everyday, very cooperative co-worker, and respectful each other. No fighting, argument or discrimination. Love the environment.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No benefits
Csr
MANAGEMENT OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Houston TX 77024March 18, 2016
Customers Service is a fast growing career with constant changes to provide better service , and in this aspect. I want to be part of it. I am very fast learner with speedy skills to keep up with this rapid growth and improvement.
Cozy atmosphere with a Flexible Schedule.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCJanuary 23, 2014
This was not a positive environment to work in for me as I did not enjoy the Insurance business. I found a lot of the business to be dishonest and therefore I could not stay. It was the first job I accepted after moving here and I am sorry it didn't work out, but glad to move on to something that better suits my background and experience. There is a position for everyone and I hope that they will find someone that will fit in with them and what they do there, it's just not me.
Pros
flexible schedule.
Cons
no benefits. low pay. no room for advancement.
Fast paced and always changing environment
Personal Lines Account Manager & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Georgetown TexasAugust 6, 2012
Typical day would include responding to clients with regards to their personal insurance needs via email, phone calls and walk ins. Had to study and obtain Property and Casuality Insurance License for the State of Texas in order to service and write new policies for clients. Much of the work was independent due to the office staff being small and everyone within the office having their own specialty.
Pros
ability to work independently
Cons
no relief for breaks and overtime work required with no compensation
Great work environment
Office manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 23, 2012
Many good experiences can come from working in a smaller work environment. The personal connection is valuable, it creates a willing team effort. Compensation was satisfactory and time out of the office was very flexible.
Pros
independant working environment, team flexibility when needed.
Cons
healthcare
enjoyed working with the public
manager (Former Employee) –  valdostaJanuary 7, 2014
Very fast paced agency, handeled rating, claims, submitting policies
Pros
salary
Cons
high stress
that is not a good place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  bainbridge GAJanuary 5, 2015
I left for personal reason, wouldn't recommend anyone to work there, unless they want to flirted with and sexually profiled at work. The manger is very unprofessional. When you inform that you don't to be contacted by them unless it is business related he will fire you.
the fact of the matter he wont pay unless its under the table if you do go there inform the manger that you or either married or in an committed relationship. I didn't enjoy working here, there is no way i would ever go back there.
Pros
no pros
Cons
the manger is a pervert
productive work with Writing new sales!
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 30, 2012
A typical day at work, Driving around to collect a monthy
premiumo0f $13,000, as well as writing new sales. Management was Great! Always there when I needed him. The hardest part of my job was, getting to know your clients on a personal level. and then the client may have passed away. The part I enjoyed most was working on my own time. and Always meeting new people!
Pros
having a wonderful boss and company to work for!
Cons
no cons
Serving my Country
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MassachusettsJune 28, 2012
My job was to work with the Executive Staff, responsible for monthly reports to be distrubuted to members of Unit. Monthly recording for pay purposes, typing Fitness Reports for Officers. While traveling I was responsible for all paper work and collecting monies for various occassions.
Pros
traveling and meeting different people from around the country
Cons
having to leave to go home
Great work experience.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  pensacola FlJanuary 21, 2015
Great work experience. Duties included Faxing, following up for payments, greeting customers, data entry, mailing, postage machine, keeping contact information up to date, attaching and saving to computer. Experienced in Access, Word, Power Point, Excel, Windows.
Wounderful and possitive exsprience
Office & Customer Service Volunteer Support (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2014
helping out without pay, and lust soaking up the time and education of it all within this agency was a blast and I'm happy to have had the chance to be there and learn.
Pros
the chance to meet with people and learn.
Cons
not enough time in the day to stay on due to full time school and full time job.
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTMarch 25, 2014
I spent 4 1/2 years here. It was busy, so I was happy. I learned how to use the computer well while at this place of employment. I had a super co-worker. It was nice to feel important because I was able to do most everything besides write the policies.
Insurance Agency
Chancellor (Former Employee) –  613 Market Street, Parkersburg, WV 26101May 18, 2013
Good employer to work for, willing to help when needed, enjoyed working with co-workers.
Pros
company had been in business for many years
Cons
very little personal line, mainly commerial lines
Great Work place
Receptionist/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2012
ATM&I made sure customers were satisfied with their encounter at the company. They were very laid back but also kept there professional demeanor.
telecommunications
Customer Service Positions (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAMay 8, 2014
REALLY i have done this one already. It was great telecommunication experience.
nice company
Licensed Insurance Agent/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 14, 2013
I learned a lot , how to manage the company, co-operative, servicing customer, managing cash ,