Insurance Auto Auctions

Insurance Auto Auctions Employer Reviews

Yard Attendant (Former Employee), Palmetto, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: variety ofwork day.
Cons: florida heat
Your busy from start to finish. A complete work week.
I learned new procedures to add to my personal skill set to help better my work load.
Management is hands on and works to train in the companies policies and company guidelines.
Co-workers were helpful and courteous.
Working in the Florida heat in the summer.
Productive work place
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee), Belleville, MIMay 31, 2014
Day starts off by checking messages on phone delivering those messages to the proper employee...Checking and implementing applications into database...calling those new potentials to sign them up for potential work...and hiring for the states I have been assigned to....I have enhanced my secretarial skills and the hiring process.....The most enjoyable – more... part of my job is accomplishing the goal of the hiring process...bring on new potentials ..... – less
Interesting workplace. Needs more organization
Titles (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 7, 2014
Pros: terrible free coffee, customers, small office atmosphere
Cons: vindictive leadership, lack of advancement, some customers
Some of the bosses/district managers are TERRIBLE. Most of the people I worked with were amazing, as well as the customers. Overall It is a decent place to work. Sketchy neighborhood, plenty of dining options, easy to get to. Lacks advancement opportunities!!!
Insurance Auto Auctions
Supervisor/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: learn to multi-task much better
Cons: often too busy for breaks
I was treated fairly when it came to daily activites, but when it came to compensation and work environment I was unable to continue my career there. Typical days of work were long and with most jobs you would have your good and your bad days. The manager there I really enjoyed working for and was a really good person, he taught me a lot about the business – more... and went out of his way to help me learn the ways of the business. I owe most of my postive time there to him. I wish he would be given more help from upper management which I felt was extremely poor. As for co-workers, I worked with many people due to a high turnover rate, but the ones that lasted and I got to know well were all fantastic people who did everything they could to help me while working there. Re-Training people and taking on other peoples work was probably the hardest part about working there, the most enjoyable was speaking to and getting to know our customer base, I formed a lot of good relationships from a lot of good people with my time on the job. I learned a ton about being part of the workforce from this oppurtunity and I have held on to all the postives I have learned. My advice to anyone trying to work for this company is to make sure you have a career path and a hope for advancement, without that specified by them I would suggest taking your talents elsewhere. I think this place offers jobs, and not careers to most. – less
productive enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJanuary 6, 2014
having to answer calls and contact insurances company.
I've learned more on data entry and expensing tow bills. The hardest part of my job is not knowing the response you might get when contacting owner on their vehicle. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to learn and grow with the company.
Not the best job
Title Clerk (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunches and health benefits
Cons: lack of running water and having to use a portapotty
This started to be a prime opportunity for me to become involved in a company, that was established yet growing.

We were promised that our location would be built and ready to roll within a couple months of my hire. We were then placed in a shipping container with windows, with a portapotty, and no running water. We were asked to work long hours and – more... given no positive comment and no constructive criticism with with minimal to incomplete training. – less
Fast Paced
Title Specialist (Former Employee), Medford, NYDecember 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: high efficiency
Fast paced, auction setting. Definite need to know and be automated in tasks.
Commission Only
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Carmel, INNovember 17, 2013
This is a sales position, if you like sales go for it not a fit for me.
Good people, good ideas, wrong efforts. too many chiefs
Auction Coordinator (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 5, 2013
Pros: great leads, tools to do job
Cons: terrible training. even at national convention. president of sales said so.
Day to day, door to door, cold calling, following up with already established customers. Tuesday late afternoon verify sale line up as sale is cut off on Mondy nights. Wed Sales calls for following weeeks and new ventures. I learned that the Salvage insurance industry is a lot different than closed standard auctions.
The co workers were tremndous, but – more... having someone train you that had applied for the position twice and had a bad taste in their mouth. Not so good. Management on a corporate level were for the most part hard to figure out. tried to lead by intemidation, and figured they did. The top managers for iAA remarketing even stated our training sucks. And so it did. That was the worst part. The best part was the staff and customers. – less
Yard Manager (Current Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 22, 2013
Cons: long hot days
If you like to work hard then this is the place to go
long hot days outside
learned how to manage and be managed
not many co workers on the yard
High turnover but a good middle of the road job
Auction Representative (Current Employee), Unkown, UnkownAugust 19, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: decent pay not worth the job
Relatively busy, but when I learned the ropes I quickly became bored. You are pretty much doing title work, begging people for cars and sitting at a desk from 8 to 5. And you better be there on the dot (actually before) or you will get written up in a flash.

You pretty much do what the Auction Coordinator does, except you're stuck in the office, don't – more... get to go to the conventions and get paid half of what the AC does and don't get a phone allowance. I like our AC (my boss), but since he's not in the office except some sale days, I'm stuck with everyone else.

I don't know about every branch, but in my branch they choose favorites. I am not one of them even though I picked up on everything even before my 30 day review. I am still here and it's been a little over three months and I am looking for jobs every day, I'd almost go waitress rather than work here. All employees had been working together between 6-10 years and I was the new girl.

Only plus is the pay is good for a bad economy and an office job and the benefits are good, they match up to 4% in your 401K. Too bad I won't be here long enough to reap real benefits of it.

In short, unless you are out on the road or really like being chained to your desk and feeling guilty to want to take time off, skip this job and continue your search. – less
Great company to work for in the insurance field
Title Administrator (Former Employee), Carmel, INJuly 2, 2013
I enjoyed going into work and having my own desk. I enjoyed having lots of work to do to keep me busy. During the slow times, there was always work to do in other departments.
productive busy work place
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Cons: not really any
my current job is in inside sales we are a very busy and productive company.
Interesting Market, but looooong hours!
Branch Manager (Former Employee), SoutheastMay 2, 2013
Pros: live auction
Cons: no time with family, your only as good as your supervisor believes you are, shady way of conducting business (ie) no licensing or permits.
There is no typical day at Insurance Auto Auctions. They will tell you its Monday through Friday 8-5 but you will find out that there will be weekends and nights included, and if there is ever a natural disaster in your area, you will want to bring a pillow from home. Management only cares about the number of cars in each sale. There is zero concern – more... for employees. Their mentality is that everyone is replaceable. The hardest part of the job is that there is no work life balance. You are there till the job gets done. I have been there many times from 8am till 2am the next day getting the work done. – less
great company
Manager (Current Employee), Graham, NCApril 20, 2013
Pros: great benefits and fast pace environment
Cons: staffing ability, long work hours
A good solid company to work for
ability to move up
fast pace work environment
minimal staffing to run business, extra work load on all employees
Organized Chaos
Buyer's service (Former Employee), Westchester, ILMarch 20, 2013
Cons: everything
Worked here as a temp through partnership employment. Horrible management not to mention miserable. No training whatsoever, they pretty much expect you to learn everything on your own. Then they dispose of you once one or two people don't think your working hard or fast enough. Sad to say but such a waste of 5 months.
decent place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Shirley, MAJanuary 29, 2013
work was relatively easy and enjoyable, management was slightly difficult to work with.
Very good place to work
Auction Representative -Remarketing Division (Former Employee), Fremont, CAOctober 29, 2012
The company culture is very professional, well informed and willing to help.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Midwest RegionSeptember 26, 2012
This is a good place to work. All the people a great to work with and the Management help you out and want to see you move up.
Great place to work!
Contractor (Current Employee), Ogden, UTAugust 29, 2012
excellent management, great place to work, awesome fun outgoing employees.

About Insurance Auto Auctions

Getting something out of nothing is what this junkyard doggedly pursues. Insurance Auto Auctions (IAA) is a leading auto salvage – Read more