Insurance Auto Auctions Employee Reviews

Fun and productive workplace in fastpaced environment
Yard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHAugust 21, 2016
IAA cares about their employees. I started at the bottom and worked my way up quickly. There are opportunities to grow if willing to relocate. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction you get when completing your task completely. This is a teamwork environment.
Pros
Minimal travel
Cons
Working in all weather conditions.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Specialist/File Handler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2016
I am currently employed by this company. The work is fairly easy, but can be very stressful at times. The managers play favorites pretty bad. But, overall the job is fairly decent.
Pros
Free Coffee
Good company
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 26, 2015
No real issues here. They have some strong workers there. They push you but the compensation is pretty decent. They do let go of managers quite easily there but generally, it's for poor performance. Some elect to take severance packages instead of relocation. Oh yes, they often relocate managers on a whim to some strange places. That's a downside of it.
Receiving/Loader Operator
Receiving/Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYSeptember 29, 2015
Checked total loss vehicles, photographed and prepared them for sale at auction. Checked vehicles to make sure they were safe to run and drive for live auctions. Opened Locked vehicles that were missing keys. Moved vehicles in and out of inventory in a Volvo wheel loader. Moved cars onto sales grounds which consisted of rows of 150-300 vehicles on a daily basis. Performed weekly maintenance on loaders. Managed a separate, smaller location.
Typical Day
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 11, 2015
I worked customer care for the BidFast department, I talked to the different auto insurance companies adjusters about their customers wrecked vehicles. I gave them bids and quotes based of the Actual cash value of the car and the damage.
Step above start-up company
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  CorporateAugust 17, 2015
This is the an unprofessional unethical organization. The senior leadership team accepts circumstances that other organizations will deem. The organization is a step above a start-up company. It is a good ole boys organization. Most of the leadership team is uneducated. It is a very blue collar field.

The organization is not employee friendly. They do not offer career advancement nor development your skills. They do not offer any type of training for field or corporate employees.

The organization does not show any appreciation for employees (i.e. Thank you, good job, team outing).

No Team Building.
Pros
Easy Job not challenging because not a strategic company
Cons
No Employee Recognition, No Career Growth
A good secure place to be employed.
Title Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova CAJune 29, 2015
I've learned so much from the Insurance/salvage industry. I've always worked in the automotive industry, but more so in dismantlers.
The management is very understanding of an individual with families and is always willing to help.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that its a relaxed environment and as long as you do your job correctly, everything is great.
Pros
always willing to help you attend perosonal arrangements.
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Ready to work in a clerical environment, and satify any customer that i come by. Hard and dependable worker.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMay 22, 2015
The most enjoyable thing about my job is to satisfy any customer that comes in contact with me. The worst thing about my job would be that I didn't satisfy the customer but I did try to the best of my ability. I am a trustworthy person and would do anything to make the customer happy even just by a smile, to brighten their day. To my co workers I would like to be like a family and work together to get the job that we would come across done, to the best of our abilities.
great work environment
Dispatcher/ Load operator (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYSeptember 1, 2015
Great place to work with good benefits. There are advancement positions but they fill fast and require you to move. You will not only your job but many different jobs to do to work as a team to get the task done.
Fun Job but market dependent on personal growth
Yard Attendant III (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAMay 13, 2015
Typical day at work is checking in wrecked cars and imaging them for the website. Using a front wheel loader to move the cars and load them for the buyers. Downfall is that you literally cannot get promoted unless your direct market is large enough to warrant hiring staff. I work in a branch of 4 people including my Branch Manager and in order for me to get any kind of promotion I have to move out of the state.
Pros
People, the industry itself
Cons
Lack of personal growth within immediate branch
Enjoyed job and customer interaction
Customer Service Rep III (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque NMJune 30, 2015
Hardest part of job was trying to keep everyone happy with work done. Enjoyed working with all involved with job, customers, insurance company employees plus upper management.
Pros
Meeting different people.
Cons
Trying to meet all tasks required plus helping those who couldn't.
Decent place to work, lots of PTO
Title Clerk and CSR (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VAAugust 4, 2015
Great co workers, the CEO is supportive and cares about his employees. The paid time off is wonderful compared to other companies and the health benefits are average.
Nowhere to move up in the company
Yard Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dale, TXJanuary 3, 2015
When you're put into a job where there is nowhere to improve or decline it makes it hard to gain anything from the job. Once you're at a position that is where you stay. If you're looking for a temporary job or a second job this is perfect, but career wise probably not the place you're looking for. Which is why IAA constantly uses pacesetters personal temp agency for a good 80 percent of their employees.
High paced working enviroment.
Yard supervisor/manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 3, 2014
Assigning work schedules and duties.
cordinate,develop and produce a weekly auction in a high pace atmosphere.
Excellent team players.
The hardest part of the job was to create a auction on time every week and to keep all operations of the yard productive and safe.

I enjoyed this high paced working enviroment, Being able to help others with there jobs and still being able to accomplish my daily duties was fun.I looked foward to going to work everyday.
Pros
bonuses/work enviroment.
Cons
being timed and scored daily on ones production.
Exciting fast paced company.
Registrar, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UtahAugust 15, 2015
Flipping titles for State of Utah for Insurance owned vehicles to be sold for parts or repair. Busy office and consistent work.
fast paced and working with various teams
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2014
a typical day at work would be communicating with different teams in the project.Communicating through email, jad sessions, meetings, chats and phone calls. I learned how to manage and process information from different levels within the company. Management was very reasonable and ensured all the employees were on top of getting work done. Co-workers were very friendly and communicated really well. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with my social life as work required a lot of attention. The best part of the job was working with teams and interacting with different personalities.
Pros
work in teams, easy transportation
benefits
Customer Service Associate/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 8, 2015
I love this job and it's a great place to work! The management is excellent and the benefits are wonderful! My co-workers are super nice and the customers are wonderful to be around.
Productive work place
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Belleville, MIMay 31, 2014
Day starts off by checking messages on phone delivering those messages to the proper employee...Checking and implementing applications into database...calling those new potentials to sign them up for potential work...and hiring for the states I have been assigned to....I have enhanced my secretarial skills and the hiring process.....The most enjoyable part of my job is accomplishing the goal of the hiring process...bring on new potentials .....
Not the best job
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 3, 2014
This started to be a prime opportunity for me to become involved in a company, that was established yet growing.

We were promised that our location would be built and ready to roll within a couple months of my hire. We were then placed in a shipping container with windows, with a portapotty, and no running water. We were asked to work long hours and given no positive comment and no constructive criticism with with minimal to incomplete training.
Pros
occasional free lunches and health benefits
Cons
lack of running water and having to use a portapotty
Fast Paced Answering phones calling customers handling money on the computer alot
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHMay 9, 2012
Always answering the phones and helping customers at the front counter. Calling my lists of customers and detailing putting in notes of when there vehicle was needed to be picked up by. Paying our drivers and dispatching them out to where we needed them to go. Taking payments from the buyers on vehicles they bought. I loved working with people on the job, Im a very outgoing people person.
Pros
healthcare