Insurance Auto Auctions Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 11, 2017
Insurance Auto Auctions was a good place to work, quick paced, every day was something new. They promote within at lower level job but hire mostly outside people for management positions.
Supportive culture while working as market sales associate
Auction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 9, 2017
Cold calling sales position requires proactive initiative and thinking outside the box. Independent working environment. Open communication with all levels of management. Great benefits.
Fair
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, NY 11763August 5, 2017
Stressful full time employment. Possible hazardous environment. Auto industry work with salvage autos. Was a good temp position. Backed by larger national corp
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 2, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company they were very fast paced. This job gave me a lot of experience in customer service. I also loved my staff they were great.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIJune 27, 2017
Cleary has been nothing short of amazing and I appreciate every opportunity I was offered there. Everyday was life changing and very challenging but the staff provide full support and great appreciation of my abilities.
Enjoyed my position
Accounts Receivable Clerk/Collections (Former Employee) –  Brandywine, MDJune 24, 2017
I enjoyed my position, but I was extremely underpaid for handling four branches of A/R, trained in all other aspects of the business and dealing with negativity in the workplace.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Minimal salary
Confusing work expectations
Title Processor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 5, 2017
at first i really enjoyed working here, everyone was nice and seemed helpful only to find out they have unrealistic goals and do not let you know if you are doing a good job or not before you are let go. I was told I was doing great and constantly praised for my work but was notified after I got home from work that I was let go. they have certain ways to account for job performance but these tactics don't accurately measure your performance so you never truly know if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing correctly and efficiently. they also said you work 90 days before they decide to keep you or let you go but they did not adhere to that either.
Pros
close location
Cons
unrealisitc and innacurate work expectations
Not really a pleasant place.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MDApril 28, 2017
Management gossips about employees to other employees. There is no training and the atmosphere is very unclean. The managers come in your office and just stare at you without saying anything.
Pros
weekends off, regular schedule
Cons
unprofessional, unsanitary work area
Fun
Title Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 27, 2017
Coworkers are great. job is steady you will enjoy working here for the time being. It will teach great skills and put you in the door to seek other employment in the long run.
Very Uncomfortable Work Environment!
Customer Service Representative/File Handler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2017
Supervisors spread numerous gossip and they never help anyone who needs it, ANYONE! The work is easy yet it is never done the way it should be done at all. Management helps to spread rumors about employees and they don't know how to manage a call center at all! They only play the blame game and accuse employees of literally everything when something isn't right or goes wrong. They feel intimidated by feedback or questions related to the work itself. They need a decade's worth of improvement!
Pros
Simple work
Cons
Very poor management & environment
Great.
Auctioneer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAMarch 13, 2017
They are a good company, but not a career!

I would go through the cars that have been towed to the auction, clean them out and get ready to re sell them in the auction that is hosted each thursday.
Fillthy dirty trashy dusty dangerous uncaring arrogant
Relief Auctioneer Ring~Man B lane (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2017
$7.25 temps, auctioneers arrogant rude, manager ignores, contract employees sew toxic thoughts, words, and many confusing numbers, write the wrong numbers and buyers pay $75 review fee to correct confusion, I lost 2 weeks pay to an unqualified amateur not licensed in my state to bid call & I've seen him bid call (that's illegal). Yard employees have attempted to drive vehicles thru with steering wheel locks and crashed before they killed in the B lane run & drive. I stopped a flying cone from hitting a block Clerk in her face that was thrown by the amateur on the bus last auction. I returned cash and identity found on the ground without I'll will and an hour later told I'm on call the amateur took 2 weeks of my pay. IAA Dallas is pathetic. My job is a buyers agent but I'm the only 1 with intelligence to know and do it. When I do bid call it am the prime sellers agent and I worked over 800 auctions by contract without IAA Dallas. They can't take there hate shove it up there arrogant prideful posterior.
Pros
They might still have a professional (me). Or not.
Cons
Toxicity is rampant.
Good Company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 13, 2017
Stayed busy on Mondays due to Auction date. Lots of different things to do during each day. Training was not organized. And no one person was ever in charge of making sure people were trained properly.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Poor training unorganized training
Job security is good, but work environment is terrible
Title Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brandywine, MDFebruary 12, 2017
Plant Mgr is horrible, no interaction with employees and no team environment. It is hard to move around within plant, unless you are Mgr's favorite. If you are real good at your job, they don't want you to learn other functions or advance. Your work is timed and evaluated daily for work productivity. Management runs the shop similar to that of Walmart's, horrible. You are lied to often by your fellow employees and supervisors. Gossip and negativity is a daily battle to avoid.
Pros
Pay is okay, hours and most benefits are good.
Cons
Heathcare plans, no team work, lots of gossip and negativity
Busy enviroment with hard working individuals
Provider Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILFebruary 5, 2017
busy, detail oriented, analytical, customer service based, innovative, pleasant work atmosphere, opportunities to advance, leader in the industry, nice place to work.
Pros
opprotunity to develope knowledge
Cons
should be based on individual's perception
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAJanuary 28, 2017
Great company . They take care of you if you do your job. A lot of work depending on your location fast pace. Many people stay for a long long time. Personal experiences vary person to person and department to department. Advancement depends on relocation and openings.
Pros
great benefits, tons of over time
Cons
Work life balance
Loved the customers
CSR - Customer Service Representative/ dispather (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 20, 2017
The customers where great to work with and I loved meeting the new people. The work was great and I loved my job but the co workers always having a bad attitude was hard to get past. Then the manager seeming sexist was another problem that we had.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Co workers.
Terrible place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 21, 2016
Very poor management ( specially superviser , her name is Carolina). Most of the people are not very nice. Do not waste your time for the permanent position!
Fast moving environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 6, 2016
Only there a short , nothing long-term here. just to pay the bills at that time. Still trying to find my vocation, Driving through the auction was my thing.
Pros
outside
Cons
temp employment
Had fun at this job
Yard Attendant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 10, 2016
The environment is good. The people are great. There are many aspects of this job that I had no idea even existed. Great company, good management team.