Insurance Company of the West Employee Reviews

Great learning experience for just entering the office environment
Policy Tech (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORSeptember 23, 2017
It was a great place to put my newly acquired office skills to practice. I gained a lot of general office procedures and customer service skills. Company downsized, not sure if in business still.
Pros
Forty five minute lunch
Cons
Had to travel approximately 30 miles to work
Productive and Supportive workplace
Account Representative/Unit Stat Tech (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2017
My supervisor was amazing and so was everyone else that worked there. Everyone was very helpful. I enjoyed what I did and never dreaded going to work.
Pros
the people, it was a well organized and well run company
Cons
none I can think of
scanner
Document Retention Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2013
scanned papers and indexed them into the computer, retrieved information that was scanned. Helped find information on scanners
Pros
learned scanning procedures
Cons
wasn't challenging
Warehouse/ office manager
Document Retention Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2013
This is a company that did fundraising at the different schools. I worked in the warehouse picking orders to be sent out. took over the office as the office manager getting all the books, ledgers, school materials prepared.
Pros
went to work after kids left for school, home before they arrived back, took work home
Cons
husband transfer from san francisco to san diego
I advanced my computer skills.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2013
I learned how to better use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. This was my only experience working for an insurance company. I enjoyed learning about workers' compensation and how efforts can be made to avoid accidents and injuries. I appreciated that my co-workers could answer any questions I may have about a letter I was working on, and I was also able to help them accordingly. The hardest part of the job was during the first 3-5 days of each month, due to monthly reports being run for the entire company, the computers were extremely sluggish and would cause our work load to become backed up. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing all incoming letters by the end of the day, and knowing that the next business day there would be more work to start on.
A very professional company with many growth opportunities.
Bonds/Auto/Subrogation & Salvage Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2012
I worked in the capacity of an auto/salavage/subrogation examiner and enjoyed my day-to-day functions very much.
Pros
professional environment and opportunities for growth.
Cons
no cons come to mind.
Fast Paced, High Volume Desk Load
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2012
I really enjoyed ICW and miss my coworkers! We all were like family! There were lots of fun events to reward us during times of backlog or high stress situations. If I had not moved I would still be working there! The hard part for some younger employees was the heavy work load and pressure, my team had high turn over becasue most of them were under 25. Management has changed around a little since I left and I hear everyone is doing fantastic!
Pros
free lunch, lots of activities, wellness program and discounts
Cons
none!