Insurance Sales

Insurance Sales Employer Reviews

learned alot about ethics and morals
Special Project Coordinator Aflac Insurance (Current Employee), Marysville, WAJune 17, 2014
Learned a lot about ethics and morals. great learning expereince
Helping people file their claims, and offering additional coverage
Accident Insurance Salesman (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 14, 2014
Pros: helping folks by making sure they filed their claims and following up.
Cons: the cost of gas and travel exceed the income.
Meeting new people has always been a joy to me. In the insurance business, I knew I had an accident policy everyone needs and the cost is negligible. In my own case, I collected more on claims than I paid out in premiums so I felt good about helping people get their coverage.

In one situation, I could not find a way to get the Home Office to understand – more... and pay the client for his Disability Insurance he had been paying for a long time. He was part of a family business and got hurt, couldn't work and applied for his short term disability. In every aspect of his case, it appeared to me he was covered and the company should pay him. His claim was denied and not rightly so as far as I could see. That left me with doubts about the company so I decided I didn't need to work with a company like that. I moved on. . – less
Being able to forge relationshipsbwith people.
Sales and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Gold River, CaliforniaMay 10, 2014
Pros: find plans that best fits clients needs and expections, growth and development of company and personal goals .
Cons: being licensed in every state and having to deal with healthcare.gov.
Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance to fit the clients needs. Preform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals. Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
Varied job activities
MARKETING (Former Employee), Albuquerque,l NMMay 1, 2014
Pros: support system
Cons: turn over of management
Handled walk-in traffic
Processed all Insurance input( New Business, Claims)
Customer Service to all AAA members
Insurance
person (Former Employee), Griffin, GAApril 25, 2014
Calling people that are interesting in Life insurance. Going to the people house to discuss the term and whole insurance. completing paper work.
Self Employed
Independent Non Captive Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Perry, FLApril 8, 2014
I was able to work from home and even in my home town. As well as out of state.
Insurance sale just isn't for me.
Salesman (Former Employee), Paducah, KYJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: loved meeting new people every day
Cons: lack of training made it almost impossible to meet sales targets.
I found that the on the job training was very poor and it made it impossible to make any money in today's market.
Enjoy challenges
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee), Lake Elsinore, CADecember 1, 2013
Prospected for potential clients, made presentations based on resultes of fact finding process.
Insurance sales
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee), Hartselle, ALNovember 14, 2013
make sales calls, give quote on homes or autos, make notes on customers, take payments and setup monthly payment plans,
Sales
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Palm Coast, FLOctober 7, 2013
Contact and meet with People to review their insurance needs
Independent Sales
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Mint Hill, NCSeptember 30, 2013
Cold/Warm Calling.

In-home presentations.

Unlimited earning potential.
Insurance Sales
Independent Insurance Broker (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: set your own schedule
Cons: time before you make money.
In this business you have to have sufficient income before you get into the industry. Once you establish yourself through marketing and networking you will have steady income coming in. Do not go into the industry expecting to make a living right away. It takes time, prescience and money before you make a living.
Hard working environment
Sales Agent (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2013
A typical day of work is calling perspective clients or knocking on the door to make appointment's to talk about health and life insurance.
Enjoyed my team and Co-workers.
SENIOR SALES SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 16, 2013
Pros: casual days, everyday
Cons: serveral departmental reorganzation
Manage all insurance sales support responsibilities for 6 of the top Regional Sales Managers in the Individual, Family and Medicare Sales Department. Assists Brokers on a daily basis which includes: installation and membership for IFP and Medicare business, broker commissions, plan benefits, claims, underwriting, and membership audits. Built a strong – more... relationships with brokers and internal departments. Knowledgeable in specialty products including Dental, Vision, Life.
• Possess over 7+ years of experience in insurance sales administration and account servicing.
• Advance skills in relationship building, customer and broker education, retention.
• Highly motivated self-starter who excels in an environment that requires attention to simultaneous demands and details by brokers, sales executives, members and company personnel.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills in underwriting, claims, and commissions issues resulting in more time for the broker and regional sales managers to concentrate on selling and appointments.
• Computer proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet. – less
Flexable work schedule
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), wilkes barre paJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: leads
Good Commission,need more leads,Schedule flexable, need to be State Licensed, better to be captive agent, contracting cost out of pocket
A challenging business to get into; however, once started a successful one
Salesman (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLNovember 13, 2012
Pros: good pay while the sales are good
Cons: long days, lots of hours worked, rude people
I loved the interaction I had with clients and lived off of the thrill of making sales. Nevertheless, the idea of a solely commissioned job is a scary one.
Phone sales
Sales (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLSeptember 17, 2012
Phone sales of Life Insurance and Medicare Supplement Insurance. Currently work with selling Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplements. Licensed in 30 states
bankers insurance
Bankers (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CAAugust 29, 2012
It was based on how much sales you have and interaction with costumers and meeting with them at their home to sign them with a contract. it was a really stressful job but i managed to handle it. it was a good experience for me to gain values and experience based on sales perspectives. i enjoyed it but i didn't see myself in that job for a long run. – more... i wanted to pursue something that is relevant to my major. – less
Work
Manger, Powell and Dress (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: commision only
I manage 10 agents and work many hours. It is a good job, I need a steady income.
Excellent Agency
Sales (Current Employee), Houson, TXMarch 15, 2012
Pros: awesome stafff and management
A growing and strong company, and a force to be reckoned with in the Houston area.

About Insurance Sales

SIS also specialise in the area of providing cover in Motor, Household & Liability Insurance, for clients who have previously – Read more