Insurance

Insurance Employer Reviews

test
Senior Manager(EDW/BI Practice & PGM) (Former Employee), New YorkMay 20, 2014
Already wrote the review. It is good and environment is good. But more work pressure.
Typical Day
Producer (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNApril 24, 2014
Cold calling qualified prospects and scheduling appointments.
Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Beloit, OHMarch 24, 2014
Handle phone calls coming in for payments, claims, and questions regarding billings. Began using easyfile, in the process of transitioning all hard files to easy file. Working with excel.
Company Growth and Change
Director (Current Employee), New JerseyMarch 20, 2014
PROS: Growth culture, constant change, never a boring day. Opportunity to be in on ground floor of a growing company.

CONS: Too much growth in too short a time period has caused serious organizational gaps. Proper processes and procedures have not been created, causing confusion about job roles and responsibilities and misunderstandings. Frequent changes – more... in leadership over the past 4 years have required the staff to change direction mid-project, often times devaluing months and up to years' worth of work. Little regard for personal lives has resulted in employees' having poor work-life balance. – less
Competitive and time consuming, with too much travel.
Sales (Former Employee), Muleshoe, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: could always attend my children's activities and make my own schedule while they were in school.
Cons: travel and long frustrating days.
Once a week we met with management about 100 miles from home, and the rest of the week was spent cold calling, or calling prospective customers by phone. It was very frustrating and hard to set appointments. I never really felt like I got my feet under me, and found that I did not enjoy cold calling prospects. Management tried to help in the beginning – more... , but they had quota's to meet and too much time with a beginner really hurt their productivity. You always felt good if you were able to make the sale, but for me, those seemed to be few and far between. – less
productive
integrated solutions (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: office setting, customer service
Cons: lack of hours, not reliable
a basic day would be to listen to messages then check the email and schedule set up appointments for agents and fax and file any client work needed for the day
Great Company
Employee (Current Employee), Fowlerville, MIFebruary 13, 2014
I have had a very positive work experience at Hatch Stamping Company. Management & co-workers are very helpful & always there to guide you while you are learning the ropes. I have been with the company for a little under 2 years and have already been recognized for my hard work and dedication to be promoted within.
Great experience!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Learned so much by working here, it made me ready to become a great phlebotomist.
very independent place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 4, 2014
It was a very self and indepentdent place to work not much team work there but still was edcicational
Both of them are excellent employers.
Assistant Underwriter (Former Employee), Anaheim, CADecember 11, 2013
Process new apps for submission to quote to carriers till account is bind.
Gathers necessary information requested from carriers.
Maintains data in the system.
Communicates with agents and carriers.
Process invoices for Accounting.
Learned to be a great team player and covers in the absence of co-worker. At our department we work as a team.
I consider – more... irate calls the hardest part but I consider it as a challenge. Once I helped them and felt satisfied with my customer service, that is accomplishment for me. The family atmosphere at our work place is the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Busy workplace.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXOctober 2, 2013
Pros: the kind of job i'm looking for.
Cons: little hours. i can't get into a higher position.
Filing, making sure everything is put in place. Computer skills. I make sure my boss has everything he needs to continue his workday.
Enough to survie. Not enough to enjy life.
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), ILAugust 10, 2013
It's work. The industry is slow to produce innovative products, services, and processes. Great place to get my feet wet in marketing but I am ready to move on.
Productive, great team work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 1, 2013
Pros: great values, great co-workers, benefits
Cons: short breaks, my managment
On a daily basis here are some of the things I do as a Customer Service Representative.

Available to assist current policy holders, potential customers, and independent insurance agents with answers to complex underwriting questions and insurance guidelines.

Ability to approve or deny billing exceptions with close attention to detail and business – more... values in mind.

Completed vigorous and bountiful sessions of in-class training, web-based trainings, one-on-ones, and a variety of other educational tools to enhance my service of insurance policies.

Developed creative ways to promote team morale and influence passionate team members, passionate about companies’ success lies in their employee’s happiness.

Analyze and go over payment arrangements to ensure customer satisfaction.

Advanced methods used to prevent unnecessary call backs with great connection with customers, ensuring first call resolution.

Critical thinking and problem solving come with ease.

Retention of valued customers has been a great success with my natural ability to make a warm connection, satisfy the customer, and educate them with a variety of options from payment plans, coverage’s and complete policy reviews. – less
Productive workplace-most time spent on the road
Account Executive and Business Principal (Former Employee), East Providence, RIApril 20, 2013
Pros: great place for creative marketing
Cons: small size leaves you vulnerable to market volitility
A typical day involved covering all the bases. Everything from researching new products to the indirect management of client companies employees for productivity.
Great company to work for!
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), BannockburnMarch 14, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, health club perks.
Great benefits! Their team is dedicated to the customer and getting the job done. They are very professional and everyone works well together.
Providence Washington was a good place to work
Senior Rater/Underwrtiing Assistance (Former Employee), Lititz Pa branchMarch 4, 2013
Pros: interesting underwriting work and great co-workers
Cons: providence washington went out of business
Providence Washington was a fun place to work. The co-workers were fun to work with. The work was not boring and always keep you busy. The work was in Underwriting and Processing. Carrier side work.
productive workplace
Accounts receivable. (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2012
Immediate supervisor goes over with everyone the priorities of the
day. Makes contact with the insurance companies and patients
either by phone or letter - regarding unpaid and denied claims and
charges.
The hardest part of the job - not being able to show my full potential.
GOAL ORIENTED
Agency Owner (Current Employee), CAAugust 14, 2012
Pros: sky is the limit
Cons: restrictions
THE HARDEST PART OF BEING AN AGENCY OWNER WITH THIS COMPANY ARE THE ONGOING RESTRICTIONS ON NEW CLIENTS AND POOR SERVICE FROM THE COMPANY WITH LONG TERM CLIENTS. I SEEK A COMPANY THAT RESPECTS ALL THE "INTERNAL" AND "EXTERNAL' CLIENTS ESPECIALLY THE CUSTOMERS!
Intern of bordem
Intern (Former Employee), Ona, WVAugust 6, 2012
Pros: expectation
Cons: location
The firm didt have much for an intern to do so the says were not very filled and were very shrot
Loved meeting new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNJune 14, 2012
Pros: excellent management
Cons: 1 1/2 hour drive from my house
My job at Ins Inc taught me excellent customer relations. I answered requests via email and phone for changes to Auto/Home insurance policies. Contacted our customers to assure our clients were getting the best prices to meet their needs. Daily contact with our customers was very rewarding. The management team of Ins Inc were very knowledgeable of their – more... clients and their needs and worked diligently to improve their business. – less

About Insurance

Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) is a diversified financial services company. It provides personal and commercial banking, wealth management – Read more