Essential Job Functions:
- Developer, implement & maintain carriers according to specifications provided by the customer and/or internal employees. This would also include the development and maintenance of data warehouse applications and utilities.
- Evaluate, design and maintain database objects according to according to specifications or business requirements, writing T-SQL scripts for tables, views, data manipulation, and stored procedure creation & modification.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and translate these into design documents and technical specifications.
- Ability to work with a diverse project team, including .Net Developers, QA Developers, Business Analysts, and Project Managers.
- Perform unit testing of modifications and enhancements to ensure system integrity; ability to performance tune database objects.
- Responsible for maintaining SQL Server configuration, designing backup/recovery strategies, monitoring client data loads, error checking, and performance tuning for databases and data warehouses.
- Support installations & configuration of SQL Server.
- Understands Insuresoft’s products, release schedules, organizational structure and business goals/objectives.
- Develops a working knowledge of product, including its configurability options and available functionality.
- Utilizes internal defect tracking software as projects are completed and on an ongoing basis as required.
- Works with minimal supervision; typically reports to a manager or a director.
- Relies on broad experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Requires a certain degree of creativity or latitude to accomplish position responsibilities.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline and/or equivalent, relevant work experience.
- Microsoft Developer Certification or graduate degree is a plus!
- Experience in the following technologies ~ ASP/ASP.Net, VB.Net, & SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, XML & Team Foundation Server.
- Knowledge of various software development life cycle models.
- Basic knowledge of P&C insurance a plus!
- Experience working with solutions geared towards the insurance industry preferred.
- Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Documented database development experience in a Windows environment is required.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees both internally and externally.
- Work well in teams or as an individual; Ability to reason logically and provide solutions.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to deliver solutions under deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% (national travel only).
- Work in the office environment is mostly sedentary.
- Availability to be ‘on call’ or work after hours on occasion, as required by the customer.
Indeed - 18 months ago