Integra Telecom Employee Reviews

Great people, below average compensation
Circuit Designer III (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 18, 2017
Pros: great co-workers, interesting work, lots of challenges.

Cons: expensive benefits, infrequent & small raises, difficult to move up in operations & service delivery.
It was a good place to work
Financial Analyst II - F,P &A (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 11, 2017
Integra was a great place to work. There was a solid work/life balance. While many departments work individually, there was always a sense of team and common goals.
Pros
Everyone respected each other
Productive and fun place to work
Network Implementation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 24, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Integra and I worked in several different roles. I would be willing to work there again. I was a SAT III and a Network Implementation Engineer.
Room to grow and develop skills
Network Cost Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 12, 2017
I was fortunate enough to find supportive management and mentors to help me develop professionally. I was able to build upon my existing skill base, and learn new processes and positions. I enjoyed working for Integra.
Pros
Telecommuting, fun culture, growth potential
Cons
Compensation
Great people
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 4, 2017
It was a great place to work; however, job security was always a worry. They restructure every year. Great PTO policy. You get plenty of days off; however, you have to use it or lose it every year. There's plenty to learn every day. The industry is ever-changing.
Good company to work for.
Enhanced Services Tech II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 28, 2016
Good company to work for. Flexible schedules and good management. Very focused. Integra/Electric Lightwave was recently purchased by Zayo Communications so I don't have any idea of what their local presence will be in the future.
Software Programmer
Network Cost Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 22, 2016
Company allowed me to work part time after I had my children. It was a nice environment. Pacific Telecom got bought out by Century Tel and most lost jobs.
progressive telecom with a focus on Fortune 500 customers
Project Coordinator Repair Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 5, 2016
Open to new ideas & technology. Not always a good place for personal advancement.
Company changed focus from providing top notch telcom services for mid-level businesses to embracing Fortune 500 companies as clients
Pros
open work area
Cons
no cubicles
Sales is challenging, but rewarding, but direction is nebulous
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2016
Sales is challenging, however very rewarding and a great place to hone your sales skills.

Senior management unfortunately is always changing, and direction of the organization is unclear.
Pros
salary is competitive and local management is great.
Cons
Senior Management has hard time identifying direction of the organization, and with so many changes at the top it is hard to identify clear path to success.
Excellent place to work
Enhanced Services Tech II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 16, 2016
Good co-workers, great management. A great place to work. Cafe on site. Open-space work area allows excellent inter-office communications.
Not a great work environment the past 2 yrs. More focused on numbers than customer satisfaction which affected the morale and stress level
Network Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Remote TechOctober 3, 2016
Not a place I would want to work after being an employee of ELI and Integra. The morale in the work place was at an all time low when I left. I felt like the work load had increased and saw several people leave the past 12 months and no backfilling was done. This created an even more stressful work environment. My direct managers were outstanding, but the higher level management was very undesireable
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
unrealistic work load w unfair compensation
I was a long haul technician
Long Haul Technician (Former Employee) –  Southern UtahOctober 1, 2016
I managed and maintained 8 long haul fiber regen sites between SLC and St. George Utah. I performed routine preventive maintenance inspections. I installed new equipment. I was on call 24-7 for emergencies. I also backed the local technicians in the SLC area with new installations and troubles when needed. I was really sad to learn that my position was being eliminated and outsourced to another company. I really enjoyed working for Integra.
Could have better management and more communication
Network Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 22, 2016
Everything is a surprise. They have good managers but not good management. Anything happens it will be a surprise for everyone including the managers. Constant changes and no communication. But the work culture and team work is what keeps Integra going.
Pros
Team work, Work culture
Cons
Communications, management
Unorganized and Unappreciating
Central Office Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2016
Unorganized company that has no regard for it's employees. Employees get scrambled, moved around and let go every time an executive comes up with another failing way of trying to bring back the company.
Had a great repor with co-workers. Loved the challenge of the daily work load.
Provisioning Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2016
Typical day was keeping up with work queue. Answering internal email. Hardest part of the job was keeping department work load to a manageable level. Most enjoyable part of job was the interaction with co-workers. receiving assistance when issues arise. Also, working with customers to fulfill their business needs.
Pros
Great life work balance
Cons
Volatile Industry
fun place to work
Carrier Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNAugust 8, 2016
great coworkers willing to help with any questions or issues, great team aspect. Always learning something new as far as functionality.
Decent work environment, not a good career opprotunity
Manager, Services & Operations (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 7, 2016
Integra Telecom has build a good work environment, as far as physically where people work. Careers are very limited, shallow future goals.

Integra created a nice physical location for people to work, and have many activities to build collaboration, yet this is where it really ends.

Integra has great futuristic goals, and ideas. When put into practice, these goals never materialize, old habits come back into action, and needed change does not occur.

Upper management seems to be in a continues rotation; always with a new reorganization structure. Yet the needed results are simply not being achieved. Mostly being that of "red tape." The process to get tasks done is usually bogged down so much process and procedures.

There is true potential with Integra, but not until they truly face the real issues, fix these issues, and get focused back on business.
Pros
Nice work campus
Cons
Lack of communications and follow-through.
Great Leadership
Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2016
Fun, Great place to work and best Leadership that I have ever worked for. Fun enviroment and team outings when quota is met
Pros
Open doors to VP level Managment
Cons
Changing Industry
Fantastic Opportunity For Enterprise Networking
Service Assurance Technician III (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 25, 2016
Integra is a mostly on-net carrier, which means that most circuits are delivered end-to-end on their network. This gives an engineer the ability to see a circuit built from the customer location all the way out to public peering with other service providers.

The network is well designed and the company is dedicated to constantly improving its backbone infrastructure to accommodate new business.
Nice Company
Account Executive II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 20, 2016
Nice CLEC, job performance measured by sales completed. Lots of cold calling, product is a good fit in most markets for medium sized businesses. Decisions based on board.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
relentless cold calling - intangible product

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Integra Telecom. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6