Integra Telecom Employee Reviews in United States

Fear and Loathing
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2016
This company does not value their employee's knowledge or experience. Also, they openly discriminate against anyone over the age of 40. Managers are taught to micromanage constantly. Turnover was constant.
Pros
Pay, Benefits are good.
Cons
Terrible work culture, terrible management
Great Entry Outside Sales Job
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 15, 2015
I went through training to learn the basics of the sales process. Good position to gain experience and use as a stepping stone position. Never considered long term. Very competitive. Stressful, and very fast paced. Need to meet quota every month to have job security.
Pros
Daily opportunity to be in the field
Cons
Team mates work against you rather with you. Don't leave leads, or information out.
good not great
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 26, 2016
not set up for the long term telco sales is tough but this is the hardest of the hard for telco.

Not a great culture trying to change with new sales management but the change has taken too long
Fantastic Opportunity For Enterprise Networking
Service Assurance Technician III (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 25, 2016
Integra is a mostly on-net carrier, which means that most circuits are delivered end-to-end on their network. This gives an engineer the ability to see a circuit built from the customer location all the way out to public peering with other service providers.

The network is well designed and the company is dedicated to constantly improving its backbone infrastructure to accommodate new business.
Typical Day
Provision Specialist/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2015
Order and disconnect circuits, porting of numbers and report toll free services in conjunction with our external vendors for external customers that are in need of expansion or between class states
Responsible for the development and implementation of order production tracking, entry and reporting strategies that achieve established sales and corporate goals in an effort to increase productivity and improve customer satisfaction
Substantial knowledge of telephony, including understanding of circuit ordering, basic bandwidth, design, implementation and service levels of DS0, DS1 and DS3 circuits.
Put in to practice new organizational processes that assist in time management and customer service
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Pay was very low
Nice Company
Account Executive II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 20, 2016
Nice CLEC, job performance measured by sales completed. Lots of cold calling, product is a good fit in most markets for medium sized businesses. Decisions based on board.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
relentless cold calling - intangible product
Service Activation Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2016
Great place to work with the ability to learn new products and working with the people is great because of all the team work.
fast paced and room to grow from within
DS1 Project Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 28, 2015
I was the customer service person for the vendor, client and coordinated hot cuts with our people and the business we worked with. I loved the ablility to gain knowlege from others and take courses to better my position within the company. I programmed T-1 Phone numbers, made sure equipment was compatable and worked with Quest to aquire the loops needed for the T-1. Liason between the tech for Integra and Customer's Tech to accomplish goals, The hardest part was not being able to contrrol other's mistakes and I enjoyed the accomplishment of the hot cut onto Integra's line from others.
Pros
Great pay, internal promotions, fun competition
Cons
location moved to Vancouver
Nice product set
Lead Sip/Voip Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 12, 2013
Integra has kept up with the market as far as products are concerned. They are way behind in competitive compensation and advancement opportunities. My current supervisor is totally awesome, nice, intelligent and great with understanding peoples personal needs as far as work/home life demands.

Although Integra recently started to create official job aids for the new telephone switches etc, most training consists of just sitting with people who sat the person before them and taking notes which is very unprofessional. They really don't tend to hold anyone accountable for messing things up. They also really don't reward people for hard work or value their super hard working employees.
Pros
easy on when you take your breaks
Cons
compensation, benefit cost, advancement opportunities, training, investing in the individual employee
Excellent Company
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 16, 2015
An well-versed company, with innovative and productive management. Provides a wide range of products, followed by excellent customer service.
Good place to work, majority of employees go above/beyond
Operations Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 16, 2015
I enjoy working for Integra because the majority of the employees are willing to go above and beyond to make sure the customers get what was sold/promised. I like that I have directors available to me through phone, email and IM. There truly are not any closed doors and going to a director for help is not frowned upon.
Pros
Telecommuting is acceptable
Cons
constant managment changes at the executive level
Too many transitions
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2013
This was a new step for my career and though I had fun and learned a lot, I believe my success may have differed if there hadn't been so many managerial transitions. The benefits were that I learned about sales process and account discovery. I gained industry knowledge and contacts that still provide value with my current position. The downsides were within my first week the Regional VP was fired and the new RVP fired the VP of sales for our market and within the next 2 months my sales manager who hired me quit. Unfortunately the manager to follow lacked leadership. Looking back I know I would have strategically worked the market different with an approach targeting greater amounts of networking and partnerships to drive greater success. I would not recommend anyone to this employer
Pros
compensation for entry level sales
Cons
leadership
Once upon a time Integra actually had Integrity, but those days are long gone
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 1, 2013
Integra's motto of "work hard, play hard" has been replaced with "work hard, and hope for the best". Deceiving management that quells rumors with a stern hand - keep quite or get fired.
Where has the one once great company culture gone to?
Pros
a paycheck
SAR-II - NOC-Customer Repair Center (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 4, 2015
Call center environment; taking 60 calls a day. Assisting customers with repair issues. Learned new telecommunications processes. Liked the management and co workers
Hardest part of job was working outages. Most enjoyable was be able to work ot when avalable and company potlucks and perks to show appreciation to their employees
Pros
salary
Cons
closed call center
Stable daily production environment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 12, 2015
Not much room for training or advancement. Production environment. Schedule is somewhat flexible. Any raise the company gives is just to adjust any increases to medical coverage only.
Pros
flexable schedule most of the time
Cons
benefits could be better
An industry commonly misunderstood by customers
Client Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2015
Getting yelled at and humiliated by customers is never fun, especially when you are not even the cause of the problem. The telecom industry is always misunderstood by customers because they think that we can get things done by snapping our fingers. They don't realize that it takes time to provide the services they request. What's worse is that Integra tends to bend over backwards really far for customer demands. Integra offers so many variations of the same thing with so many discrepancies that there is more room for errors than other telecom companies I worked for. Granted, to retain customers is to grant their requests, but I don't see any structure or limits on where we say 'No' to rushing/expediting customer requests. Management is good about these things, but they do give mixed signals on what we can/cannot do. Not only this, but depending on the customers you have in your queue, it's hard to have a life outside of work if you're managing a telecom project at 2:30a on a Saturday.
Integra Telecom's Can Do Culture
Achieved Senior Tech III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2013
I worked for Integra Telecom for over thirteen years and they were always there for me. Allowed me the flexibility to go the distance in my field and, if I needed assistance, they could help, without being judgmental.
I worked alone for all that time at Integra Telecom and it really, did help, my self confidence. All the workers were top notch and professional. The management were, typically, hands off, so they didn't micromanage. This really help the moral, as we made our way through the recession. I always felt challenged and every day was different.
Maybe, in retrospect, I made what I did look too easy. Although, I worked alone, I rarely took vacation time and never complained (I had nothing to complain about). I was laid off due to budgetary constraints, so the higher management decided they could run my facility remotely, saving my salary and benefits. they ended up laying off between 50 to 80 employees and I was one of them...
Pros
challenge, pay
Cons
isolated, with no backup (but that was the challenge)
The best place to work in the world.
Client Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 16, 2014
A typical day at work is being ready for the first call and from there until the end of your shift it is non-stop. There is never a dull moment and always someone to help you with any kind of question or assistance. They have the best benefits, the most amazing co-workers, and the management is awesome. I can say that the hardest part of the job would be leaving. I enjoyed learning, multi-tasking, working under pressure and being appreciated as an employee by upper management. This is the best place in the world to work for.
Pros
benefits, and co-workers.
Cons
short breaks
No work/life balance
Project Manager, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 28, 2012
The company was great the first two years i worked there, then they bought a failing company. They brought over management from the failing company, which in turn caused Integra to start failing. Its been 4 years since this change and the news i get from some people still working there is that the company is slowly recovering.

Promotions here are done by demand or favoritism only. Tell them you will leave if you dont get more money and you will get promoted.
Cons
long days, no promotions if you are a hard worker
At one time an excellent company to work for. Values and culture rapidly changing
customer care (Former Employee) –  DenverSeptember 12, 2013
Great company in early years. Top notch benefits; seemingly caring management about work place conditions and morale. As it acquired other business entities - Echelon and most notably Electric Lightwave's entire fiber network, conditions and emphasis changed. Recent developments shows a company driving good employee's out of the company to the detriment of losing long standing customers who see service standards slipping as a result.