Integral Resources, Inc Employee Reviews

High Turnover
TRAINER/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 2, 2018
Co-Workers are the best part of the job. Management could use much improvement. High Turnover because of unreasonable expectations. Employees are often told to log-out and so will have to make up missed hours to meet their minimum weekly hour requirements. This causes for low employee moral and contributes to the high turnover rate.
An excellent if slightly stressful occupation
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 28, 2017
I found the manager and my coworkers to be very supportive and friendly. The work times, while set, were fairly flexible. Although downstairs with no windows, the work environment was very amicable and relaxed. The hardest part of the job was making the calls themselves. Requesting donations by phone can feel a little disingenuous at times, which is really the only problem I had with the job. Other than that, this job was excellent. Successful sales pitches would get extra pay, which, if one is good enough, could be fairly easy to slightly difficult.
Pros
Successful sales would add money to the paycheck, workplace environment was thoroughly supportive and enjoyable, breaks were frequent/flexible, and the managers were extremely helpful and nice.
Cons
This type of work isn't for everybody, but if you can make sales, this job is easy.
Do not work here. Very Cutthroat Management.
PM Trainer, Supervisor, Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 5, 2017
This company does fundraising for political organizations but ironically does not implement the very ideals it promotes. I was underpaid & overworked. They do not take care of their South Florida Employees either. Their pay is based on the state's minimum wage. So while the Florida Office is consistently it's top producing office, the employees there are paid significantly lower than those working for the same company living in different states. They are simply taking advantage of some very good south Floridians. I left feeling like I was nothing more than cheap labor to ownership and Upper Management.
Pros
Very Smart, Progressive Employees who love their community
Cons
Ownership & Upper management who only want to use employees.
Great work Environment
Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 27, 2017
Great People to work with. Flexible hours, nice bonus potential. great location downtown Durham NC. high volume calling, Solicitation and Professional fundraising for nonprofit and not for profit groups.
Fun workplace
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 15, 2017
Very respectful environment and easy to strive in company.Great communication and good vibe. Flexible hours with decent pay. Transportation accessible
Pros
Flexible
The job
Call Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 6, 2017
I really enjoyed my job here my manager was amazing and my trainer was great. I learned so much. Honestly I have consider going back. The only thing that I did not like was being a professional fund raiser.
Pros
They work with you
Cons
hard raising money
Politics and family
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 3, 2017
Integral Resources Inc is a fast paced fundraising organization where you will learn about politics as well as yourself. Raising funds often takes a backseat to raising awareness and the feeling of knowing that you're working for the greater good. IRI is a relaxed, yet competitive, place that begins to feel like family as soon as you walk through the doors.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Short breaks
not organized
Call Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2017
a typical day at work is fast paced call after call fundraising for the democratic congresssional campaign commitee alot of customers cursing you and hanging up on you ive learned how to communicate with members better and how to really sale a pitch to get members to understand the urgency and timing of their support. management is pretty laid back we pretty much can do what ever we want besides pull our phones out. theirs not really a hard part to the job the most enjoyable part is competitive pay and bonuses based off the comission we recieve and as far as the workplace culture its pretty versatile.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not organized
Fun place to work!
Telefundraiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 25, 2017
It was a relaxed environment to work in despite being stressful at times. It was fun and competitive. The base pay could have been a little better, but the commission was great. The managers were awesome and laid back. The schedule was very flexible as well.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, managers, relaxed environment, competitive, commission
Cons
No benefits, no paid time off
It was a job working there
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 22, 2017
It was a job working at Integral everyday you would be under pressure to raise funds within a certain time frame if not they would send you home. Only work there if you are a student.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
NO paid breaks
September 15, 2017

Hi sorry it was not a good experience for you. We have really tried to stop sending agents home when they are struggling with results and for the most part have been able to do that. However we are sometimes forced to do this for agents that are not putting forth the efforts required to make the job work.

As far as breaks we give a 15 minute paid break after 2.5 hours and a 1/2 hour unpaid lunch or dinner shift and another 15 minute paid on the pm shift.

Integral resources
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 4, 2017
Working with Integral resources was sometimes hard at points because some donors were not happy with what was going on with there organizations, but in the end always managed to leave the customer happy and satisfied
September 15, 2017

We are glad it was a good experience for you! When you believe in what you do the toughest days can be rewarding.

fun workplace
tele-marketing (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 30, 2017
having the knowledge to apply my skills in my daily life is a great opportunity to carry it over to any and everything i apply myself to. meeting and interacting with others
Pros
the people
Cons
long shifts
September 15, 2017

Hi glad you had a positive experience. Just want others to know that our longest shift is 5.5 hours and includes a 15 minute paid break. We follow this with 1/2 hour unpaid lunch break and then a 2 hour come and go shift that is optional. Our night shift is 4-5 hours depending on center and includes a 15 minute paid break.

Supporting the Demoocratic party.
Tele-Fundraiser/Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJuly 23, 2017
Very hard grass roots work. Only 14 percent of democrats donate. Average gift, I was told is $117.00. Our nation is quite apathetic when it comes to thee democratic donors- particularly forty years and younger. They're quite spoiled and want everything to be done for them while they spend their lives texting and socialize, totally oblivious to what it takes to create change. They think the Dem's are doing nothing when actually they are the ones doing nothing.
September 15, 2017

Hi sorry you did not like the work. Yes Democratic donors can be hard to motivate and it has not been an easy time but our mission is important and needed. Thanks for your help

Not all it's cracked up to be - AN HONEST REVIEW
Agent (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 18, 2017
Training doesn't really explain what it's like to be on the call floor. It's rough. You are given scripts to memorize. Reading with emotion is key. You are calling for progressive causes. It helps if you are progressive. You may find coworkers to comisserate with. The autodialer is extremely out of date, and dead phone numbers are extremely common. Your managers and supes fail to tell you that 75% of this job is pure luck. You never know who is on the other line. You will get prospective donors who scream to "TAKE ME OFF THE LIST!" It's no use to argue with these people. They've been harassed enough. Most people are smart enough to screen their calls. Once in a while, you'll get a pleasant call and strike a donation, but these calls are few and far between. This job is not for the faint of heart. You will be emotionally exhausted after each shift. Try it, but take caution. Making donations is both skill and luck of the draw. They WILL send you home if you don't perform! People don't last long here.
Pros
Manageable hours and pay
Cons
Extremely unpredictable outcomes, RUDE customers
September 15, 2017

Hi yes you post an honest review. When you first start it can seem like luck or that people are mean. What you find as you get more experience is that they may express anger not at you but at political issues. I don't think I have ever been yelled at on the phone with thousands of hours of calling but listening well and conveying your empathy is important.

When you are a new carpenter or waitress your body hurts from carrying heavy things and when you are a new fundraiser your brain will hurt a bit at first but you get used to it just like heavy lifting.

outgoing work place with a great team
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 12, 2017
typical day at work for me would be coming into work feeling good about the reason I'm there, Knowing I have a strong support team I can count on. Team work makes the dream work!
Pros
friendly work Enviroment, incentives, Free lunch
Cons
working with a team that's not on the same page, health care plans
Fast pace. Easy going staff. Flexible hours.
Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 24, 2017
Have to love to talk to people because that is what you will do for your entire day. I learned a lot about politics and different organizations that we would fundraise for. Also, I learned how to be a better talker and have more emphasis in my voice. The hours are really flexible I worked part time because I am a full time student and as long as I had made 16.5 hours a week they were fine with whenever I came in. The hardest part about the job is going to be dealing with all the people you call who are rude to you. This can affect some people and others, like myself, can laugh it off. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you talk to a donor for a long time and they really believe in the foundation they are donating to and you kind of get to know them as well. Also you sometimes get to call celebrities if you get lucky.
Pros
Can make good money if you exceed at getting donors to donate.
Cons
If you are at the bottom of the pay pool you are making minimum wage.
Make your own paycheck
Supervisor/Trainer/Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 19, 2017
You would have to be able to accept rejection. You have to come up with different ways to be creative over the phone to be a fundraiser.You make your own check by the hours you work and the bonuses that are offered for the work you do.
fun flexible job
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 5, 2017
helped me learn about politics , very flexible hours with down to earth managers . typical day at work involves reading a script and trying to convince people to donate regardless if they had intentions to do or not .
Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 3, 2017
It's a good job if you have prior sales experiences, however the pitching to everyone at any occasion is kind ridicules. But they can terminate you without telling you or warning you. They only value you when you make a lot of sales, other than that you are just a number. The other thing is that they hire pretty much anybody ( thumbs down ) It's not a job that I saw myself being there for too long.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Poor managemnet, Repetitive training, Drugy co-workers
A political telemarketing agency
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 25, 2017
The everyday it was a simple assignment for a particular organization and we would call and attempt to get donations to our cause. i learned that I lack that pressing nature to get someone to donate consistently. The management were willing to train and were very knowledgeable in the field. Since it was a set time it was pretty much the same group of people each day. the hardest part was managing to keep a person on the line long enough to hear the speech and to get them to donate.
Pros
The hours and days were pretty flexible
Cons
the job itself is a tough sell

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Integral Resources, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8