Integral Resources, Inc Employee Reviews

It is a very flexible job and very understanding but managing your daily requirements can be a hit or miss.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 9, 2017
Making phone calls to those listed under our company to receive donations and payments towards fundraisers. Maintaining a specific amount we have to make at a certain time a day can be difficult most days. The best part is the job being able to work with my schedule and the pay is good.
Pros
Flexibility, comission
Cons
short breaks, disinteresting
working at iri
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 12, 2016
I like working at IRI because there is alot of great things about this job.... for example the contest we have where if we raise alot of money or make certain hours you can win prizes...it set a great healthy competitive environment....the staff is great and for a mom I love the flexible hours they have here....one thing that could be better is the fact the the phone calls could be hard at times dealing with donors that are angry or upset at the multiple calls or the fact that we are calling them at all.....
Professional Fundraiser
Professional Fundraiser Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 27, 2016
This job was easy in concept, but not really easy in application. Anytime you are calling to solicit money for various campaigns you will meet a lot of resistance. A typical day was calling to previous donors asking them to donate (again). I learned quite a bit about myself in this job. I am stronger than I think! You get a ton of NOs, but you can't take things personal. You have to do your job and do it to the best of your ability. Management was ok, but they could stand to be more organized, The hardest part of the job is being told NO when you have a quota that you must obtain. The most enjoyable part of this job were my co-workers. Another enjoyable part of this job were the moments in which I was the top earner of the day or week.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
No benefits, part-time, low wages
IRI offers great professional place to work w/ flexible work hours
Agent (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 7, 2016
IRI is a great place to work which enables me to be a professional fundraiser for causes I support. Scheduling and hours are flexible - great if your new to workforce, re-entering working force, student or just looking for a part time job to help make ends meet.
Pros
People are great
Polical Firm: Fundraising
Office/Sales Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 14, 2016
I managed an office with 150 employees to raise money for political clients. The Raleigh office is now closed. It was highly successful during my tenure there.
High energy, focused, intense environment
Inbound call center/political fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCApril 17, 2016
I enjoyed having to think on my feet with each call. I raised a lot of money and felt pay scale didn't compensate adequately. I understood that I wouldn't be getting a percentage of a donation, so I came to terms with that. I am used to making commission or a percentage. Shifts were available in PT increments because political debate is taxing work (no pun intended, lol). To get more hours, you had to work a split shift, which I didn't like. I wanted to work my 8 and go home. Management was OK, but they wore they heart on their sleeve and sometimes were not as professional as they should've been. I liked my coworkers. The company closed the Raleigh office and asked me to go with them to the Durham office, but I didn't want to commute that far.
Pros
The exhilaration of getting a LARGE donation, on a credit card. (Takes skill, lol)
Cons
Having to be there all day when I needed to work more hours.
Proud Professional Fundraiser
Donor Relations Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 2, 2016
We start every day with a team meeting to discuss the campaigns political or not for profit we will call. Then we watch videos that help us learn more about a client. It's usually something in the news or sometimes something making fun of Republican politics.

I have learned more about politics than in a full semester Political Science class.

Managers can be hard on you if you are not trying on every call. They take the job pretty seriously in that they care about the clients like Hillary for America.

Co-workers are mostly great but the company pretty much gives most applicants that read well a shot so there are some "different" people here.

Hardest part of job is asking someone that said no for money two more times

Best part of the job is the feeling we are working for something
Pros
Sometimes free lunch, good health plan, flexible schedule
Cons
hard hearing no, tough to be held to the call standard for calls you do not think will give.
A job to be proud of!
Recruiter/Sales (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 8, 2016
Started as an agent and have moved up. I have had other jobs, but this is the most rewarding and flexible position I have ever had. I have met really wonderful people that have become close friends outside of work as well. We all care deeply and passionately about our causes. Base pay is minimum wage but if you put in the effort and call the way they train you, it is very profitable. You get out what you are willing to put in, just like anything worth doing you have to do it well to be successful.
Pros
Making a difference everyday.
Cons
None that I can think of
Making a Real Difference for Causes I Care About
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 28, 2016
If you really believe in helping causes that you care about, IRI is the best possible place you can work to make a difference. Integral Resources is a great company that is committed to diversity and hiring from within. Not only do you have the opportunity to learn a new skill in a field you may not have thought was for you, IRI offers you the ability to make your own schedule and you get paid every Friday!
Pros
Top notch insurance, flexible schedules, paid weekly
flexible and fun place
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 12, 2016
I've been working at IRI for 6 years now and i love it, my job is so flexible and its amazing my co workers are amazing to. what i love about my job is when i need to take off when my child is sick i wont get fired, they work with me and that's what i love. I'm a single parent and they help and work with me as much as they can.
Pros
flexible
Cons
may lose bonus if you miss hours
Official response from Integral Resources, Inc
December 2, 2016

Thanks for the nice review. Rather than thinking of it as loosing bonus if you don't work your agreed 15.5 or 21.5 hours we like to think of it as you make a bonus with over 15.5 or 21.5 hours and then another bonus at 26 hours and another for every credit card donation

comfortable work place
Phone fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 14, 2016
good management, 5 and a half hours or 5 hours per shift. good place to work in comfortable conditions to work with 10.00$ pay per hour.
Are you kidding me?
"Professional" Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMay 24, 2016
This is a horrible place to work!

First they will hired just about anyone of the street! Though it seems African Americans make up the majority of its employees which is just a tad bit curious considered who the clients are! The Democratic Party and its affiliated organizations. I worked in this place for two weeks. First week was " training " the first three days are unpaid so anyone expecting a nice check at the end of that first week forget about it! The training is full of lies telling you if you stick with you can make boat loads of money which I'm here to tell is a bunch of baloney! They expect their employees to be super professional fundraiser after just 5 days of training most of which is watching you tube videos about the idiot republicans. Watch out when you do finally get on the floor you get a huge amount of disconnected numbers and answering machines but you better make your untold quota of credit cards or you are sent home! Oh and bear in mind you are only paid for the time you are logged into the computer. And speaking of the computer that's how the calls are generated but beware it calls many of the same numbers three four times a day generating a lot of angry potential donators. No one likes to be harassed especially after they've said no the first time but accordingly to management you must hound the donators three times before you can hang up because it's all about getting those credit card numbers. Also beware if you don't do it right they send you to the "b" room have you stand facing the wall reading the script over and over like some wayward child
  more... which is very humiliating. Oh when you do get a check from them cash it at once because their checks have been known by some banking institutions to play the bouncy bouncy game results in the company having a poor business reputation around town, even though the company claims it has roughly 3 million dollars in its bank account.

I wouldn't go back to work for this company if they gave me said three million upfront. Good luck to anyone who chooses to work there. I would also say the Democratic Party ought to have a better organization running its telephone fundraising operations if only for integrity sake!
Pros
Casual business attire
Cons
Poor management bad training poor pay
Official response from Integral Resources, Inc
December 2, 2016

Sorry the job was not a fit for you. Not everyone enjoys this work. But if you believe in the cause, want to help and need a flexible schedule with opportunity to earn a pretty good check with incentives for hours and credit cards give us a shot.

I will point out we do not expect perfection on day five we offer coaching forever and we have a three week training program once you hit the call floor due to feedback like yours. The unpaid training you mention is not required but helps you succeed.

It's okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 19, 2017
This company is great if you want to brush up on your sales skills. My job was actually selling the vacations.. I'm horrible at selling. Most enjoyable part was the music on the floor and upbeat environment.
Pros
They hire everybody
Cons
They hire everybody
Love it
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 5, 2016
It's a job that works with your entire week schedule. It's a college students dream job, I mean who wouldn't like a job where you create your OWN HOURS.
Pros
Nice People, Pretty Decent Pay, Easy work, freedom with friends on the job.
Fast paced
Telephone funds raiser (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 19, 2016
Many friendly managers and employees. Very flexible schedule. Could work full time or part time. Must be knowledgeable of current Democratic party policies and candidates.
Productive and comfortable, yet competitive environment
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 28, 2016
True equal employment opportunity. They train you and give you all the tools you need to be successful. Truly flexible hours. Made to fit a busy schedule.
Unique workplace and environment.
Telephone Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 25, 2016
While I did enjoy my brief time in working with this company; I did not feel it was a good fit for myself. The cause was noble, but the demand was a little higher than I had expected.
Pros
Daily work was routine and yet unpredictable with call volume.
Cons
The floor managers were rude and condescending.
great
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 7, 2016
it was a great company to work for. Growth and expansion is a must within the company. Great team filled with lots of energy. I enjoyed all my time there.
Nice Place to be, cool environment, and you meet all new people at work and over the phone.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 25, 2016
Making calls on a regular basis. Its nice and collective, you meet all sorts of people on the job and over the phone. You learn a lot from the supervisors that have been making the calls longer the everyone else. Hardest part of the job is not making a pledge. the enjoyable part is having phone.
Outstanding Team, Great to be a team member at IRI
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 4, 2014
Began work about one year ago at IRI in Worcester, and was efficiently trained with professionalism. Once a Fundraiser begins making calls, (s)he continues to receive coaching from the well-versed, experienced supervisory staff, gaining skills and refining skills to be able to effectively and successfully fund raise for some of the top political and non-profit organizations in the U.S.

I like the team dynamic a lot. The team is structured well. Each Fundraiser is asked to bring her/his best efforts, resilience and professionalism to the table each day, and when you do, IRI is a very rewarding and happy work place.
Pros
Excellent supervisors, Important, meaningful fund raising for political and non-profit organizations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Integral Resources, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7