Integral Resources, Inc

Integral Resources, Inc Employer Reviews

Flexible work schedule
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Durham, NCSeptember 26, 2014
On a typical day of work, I would be able to choose, which shift I wanted to work. I informed voters on political parties and help them with their donation to the democratic party. I was able to gain an abundance of knowledge on political parties and their political agenda. Management was excellent and confirming each call and help me out on any information – more... I fell short of. The co-workers were excellent motivators. – less
excellent work enviornment
Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: good & easy pay
Cons: getting cussed out everyday
Converted a "No' to "yes"
learned a lot about politics
co workers were friendly
most enjoyable is getting a donation
Unprofessional and filled with drunks and druggies.
agent (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 26, 2014
Cons: everything
This is by far the worst job I've ever had. The manager who replies to every review is not nice like he tries to come off on here. He is one the worst people I've ever met.He brags about having a plane and all this money and we get no benefits and terrible compensation. All the positive reviews you see on here are from him or the supervisors who get – more... paid off well for coming into work drunk. This place isn't for civilized people, it's for those who need a job while staying in a halfway house. Legit. When I worked there there was at least 10 people who got hired from the nearest halfway house. Not to mention all the felons who get hired. They fire people like crazy here too. You can give your all to this job but they won't give you anything in return. – less

September 22, 2014

Wow so sorry you did not like your time at Integral. Please message the CCD about who the druggies are so we can remove them. Yes I used to have an airplane in 2008 when my mortgage business was thriving I sold my Honda mini van to buy it. It cost the same as the van. Yes we will give people a second chance like if they are in a halfway house. We look at that as a positive rather than a negative. We however hire no one with a felony as we are required by law to background check each applicant (as you know). We have not fired anyone in almost two months so I am unsure of who you are referring too. Health insurance is being offered to all employee's starting on December 1st and it is something we have worked on for years.

Fun, profitable, and informative
Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbia, MOAugust 13, 2014
Pros: bonuses from the first week. flexible hours
When I first came to work here I thought I knew a lot about politics, I soon learned that wasn't the case. IRI allows us to learn what we need to know about what is happening for and against us.

Management is always there to help, offering additional training to help agents succeed. Everyone, even co-workers, help get new hires up to speed.

The most – more... enjoyable part of the job for me is to see agents hit their stride and earn the money they need and deserve.

The hardest part for me is when I don't perform they way I know I can.

Overall, probably the easiest job I have ever had. – less

August 28, 2014

Making phone calls to people who care is still not easy. Your mom cares about you. Ask her for money and what do you get? "No". So we work with our agents. Trainers give you knowledge and tools to be persuasive. Managers will give you a shot in a great file. What you do with what we give you will determine your success. You have been a big part of Columbia's success as one of the trainers. Thanks for all you do.

Enjoyable mix of staff members
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2014
Enjoyable atmosphere and fun place to work. Job consisted of conducting surveys for political campaigns

August 28, 2014

Unfortunately we are out of the survey game but we have more work than we can handle fundraising.

You won't know until you try
Current employee (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, great learning experience
Cons: performance-based job, not for everyone
This is the kind of job you make it what you want it to be. You can choose your own schedule and you can learn how to talk about what's going on politically and how to be persuasive. It helps if you have that initiative to challenge yourself and motivate yourself to go for the bonuses. It's kind of like a game. Something about working here makes me – more... feel young and hopeful. The environment is stimulating and it's curious to connect with varied people and hear how they think. Asking for money is an uphill battle but we're all in it together working to improve how we live. Helpful to have strong self-esteem and positive energy or the frustration level at getting rejected could defeat you. – less

August 28, 2014

Wow you said it better than I ever could. We have three Call Center Directors that started on the phones. Some made it fast some took a couple of years. We have a supervisor in Cambridge that made supervisor in one month after making 40 hours a week of awesome calls. Virtually every employee from top to bottom started on the phone, in the mail room or in one or two cases as entry level supervisors. Thanks for the nice review. Good luck in your career.

Friendly environment and staff
Professional Fundraiser (Current Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: extra money, contests and prizes if you get credit card donations.
Cons: only 1 15 minute break and you can get sent home early if you do a poor job that day.
I log in to my station, turn on my phone and sometimes watch videos first. I automatically go to people and try to get them to donate money to the organizations that we support. There are scripts written on the screen. We get bonuses for hours worked, credit cards and being the highest in pay pool. We have one 15 minute break on the morning shift. I – more... learned how to communicate with people with an upbeat and positive attitude. I learned how to handle objections over the phone. The staff are friendly and give us advice about our phone calls. My co-workers are friendly and they help out if they can. I socialize with them mostly on break. The hardest part of the job is handling objections and treating the other person as a human being because some of them are angry. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning to talk to people and have them like me enough to donate and get the credit card asks. – less

August 14, 2014

Glad you are enjoying the work. After many years of doing this it still floats my boat. We do try to educate you with a video every day and offer all the help we can to make you a success. The reality is for some the job comes easy and for some hard. I am glad we found you. Good luck in your career with us and say hi to me (JB) the next time I am in Worcester.

Laid back job opportunity with flexible hours
Current Employee (Current Employee), Columbia, MOAugust 1, 2014
Pros: flexibility, bonus incentitives
Cons: not for everyone, frustrating at times, and demanding in sense of having to learn current political topics
Integral Resources Inc. provides an opportunity to not only raise funds for political and not-for-profit organizations, but also provides a source of income that has flexible hours and great bonus incentives.

The work can be difficult and frustrating at times, but is rewarding when reaching donors who truly care about social issues that are happening – more... in real time in America.

Integral Resources Inc. has a relaxed atmosphere, and sometimes relaxed to a fault. It allows for flexible calling hours, and is understanding of personal issues that occur in everyday life.

I would recommend this employment for people looking to get involved in helping have conversations about Americas future, and ways to change. This is great opportunity for College age students to work while going to school, and an even better opportunity for the common person who needs flexibility in their schedule. – less

August 4, 2014

Glad the job is as rewarding for you as for me. I too love how flexible IRI can be as far as when you work and how much you work. Some weeks 15.5 the minimum is plenty and some weeks you need a full 40 to pay bills. I am as enthused as you are about the frank and open conversations we have about the correct direction of America. Do I have all of the answers? No. Do the elected officials we call for have all the answers? No. But having the conversation is the most critical piece of the puzzle.

The best tele-fundraising position I have ever had.
Call Center Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, MOAugust 1, 2014
Pros: felxible hours, great pay, good commison and bonuses
Cons: the only con there is is that you don't work here yet.
I have worked at integral resources since 2008
It is by far the best job I have ever had second to being a record executive.
A big part of your success will rely in how you react to what donors and constituents say to you.
In this job %10 of the job is what they say to you where as %90 is how you react to it.

A typical day at I.R.I Starts with a nice – more... motivational shift announcement .Followed by a brief explanation of current events and quotas that need to be attained.

The management and supervisor staff is fantastic and will go above and beyond to make sure everyone has a measure of success that is physically noticeable in their paychecks.

Co-workers are good and bad, In my opinion if there is an upset co-worker its because they are not taking the advice management is giving them or they are not doing the basics of the job they agree to do in the employee handbook.
I say this because when I first started calling and was failing miserably I started taking the coaching and started converting.

Simply put if you do the job and stick to the basics you can make a lot of money here.
I was making an average of $11-$15 an hour based on my conversion and based on my bonuses. After a few years of making that type of money they promoted me to higher ranks form within.

The hardest part of the job is engaging misinformed, jaded voters who don't follow or understand whats happening to democracy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is on the same hand as the hardest part of the job.
For every mad person you speak with there is another person who is full of history and passion and just as you are inspiring them they are inspiring you. There is this really cool type of symbiotic relationship between the callers and the donors and it is really amazing to witness.
You also never know who you re going to get on the phone.

3 Months ago I spoke to Jackie Chan.
2 weeks ago I spoke to David Rothschild
6 months ago i got to personally speak with Debbie stabenow.

So you get to speak to a lot of amazing sometimes famous people.
so that is another really cool benefit of the job. – less

August 14, 2014

The "Record Executive" gave away who you are to me. This is one of the top managers in the company. I have watched him struggle as an agent, succeed as an agent, learn to be a supervisor, become one of only a few supervisors with company wide impact from coast to coast, promote to manager and excel in this roll as well. I sincerely hope to have you on my team for many years. I hope to see not only how much more the company can grow but how you will grow and develop with us. You are truly one of the nicest and best human beings I have had the opportunity to work with in my work lifetime.

you get what you put in .
caller (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours . bonuses
Cons: short breaks
the job is great the management tries to make people feel comfortable . theres alot of training if you need help they are there literally at the snap of a finger .the job is stressful at first but so is everything new introduced to your life , after a couple weeks you feel good about yourself and confident that you could do this job . the job is like – more... a garden your going to have pretty flowers and your occasional weeds but that management works tirelessly to keep the culture clean and happy . good job overall . it all depends what you want to do with it just like anything else in life . – less

August 4, 2014

Glad the job was something you liked too. After 23 years it still charges me up every day. Yes it can be stressful but that just shows how much you care. As far as breaks we give a paid break every shift and two unpaid 1/2 hour lunch breaks at different times thought the day.

Horrible and stressful environment.
Professional Fundraiser (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 30, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: horrible pay, lack of communication, not guaranteed full hours
I would only recommend this place for a college student, this is not the place to work if you have a family and bills, if you don't make enough credit card donations you are sent home until the next shift. Very unprofessional and ghetto.

July 3, 2014

Sorry the job was not for you. We give almost anyone a chance that can read at Integral. After 24 years in business we still have trouble telling who can be great and who will not. Many years back a great friend was let go from a manufacturing plant because he could not make enough products per hour. He is CFO of a major company today. We have a saying at Integral "you are only a fundraiser if you can raise funds". Just because you were not successful with us does not mean you will not find something that will work for you. Good luck in your search.

Degrading
Caller (Former Employee), worcesterJune 7, 2014
Pros: last resort
Cons: you name it
If you have basic reading skills you are hired.
This organization is managed by the most unethical and uneducated group of people,
Be prepared to be criticized on a daily basis. Your phone call is monitored by the managers and supervisors. You are expected to make three attempts to get someone to donate. Be prepared to upset people in order to do this. – more... Be prepared to read a long choppy script and the slightest mistake you are criticized. The callers that do well are doing well due to the fact they are privied to the high and frequent donors.
They have walk in applicants on a daily basis so be prepared to be fired at any time. You are sent home if you do not bring enough credit cards. You are pressured to get credit card even if the person tells you they do not want to put a donation on a credit card.
If you have no regard for people's feeling this job is for you. If you have minimal education this is the perfect job for you! Also, if have the used car salesmen mentality and you may succeed until you come to the realization this is just wrong!
So, be prepared to be a phony on a daily basis that includes pretending to like supervisors and managers. So if you suppress your inner ethical side you will be o.k.
Ignorance is bliss with this job! – less

June 19, 2014

Sorry this job was not for you. The ad says clearly we ask donors three times for a gift on every call". I found it tough at first too. But when you look at how important the work is and how many count on what we do from the blind to the environment from kids on WIC to the elderly on food stamps you realize asking three times is the most moral thing you can do. I once got an older lady to give $10 and she cried telling me "please never give up on what you do". She said "you never know who you are talking too and this organization needs people like you that will be persistent and polite." I have never given up since. I keep speaking to and asking because I do not want poor children to go to bed hungry so the wealthy can have another tax cut.

July 3, 2014

Sorry you did not enjoy the work. For some people rejection is tough and reading the political scripts with difficult words can be hard to do smoothly. You are right we do hire almost anyone with good reading skills and no background check issues. We are often pleasantly surprised. We literally tell you in the ad you have to make three efforts on each call so I hope this was not unexpected. You are very right about the best leads going to the best agents. You are very right about having to bring in credit cards because it is a fundraising job. We have an exceptional management team in Worcester. The woman that runs the center is perhaps the hardest working employee in the company and started less than two years ago as an agent. Again sorry it did not work out and best of luck in the future.

Ill-advised
Phone Monkey (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 3, 2014
It's a call center. You probably know what that entails.

What's especially vile about this place is that you must make a quota. If you do not make that quota, you are sent home.

I understand that business is business but sometimes getting "toast" (i.e., a credit card) or any other sort of pledge is impossible. No matter how good you are. And it's – more... not as if the pay is any good.

It's dependent upon what you make, which again, isn't always going to be good. If you live far from Cambridge and have to travel a while to make it into work, getting sent home is just heart-wrenching. Your whole workday for nothing.

You could have a great and pleasant voice, stick to the IRI Complete Call guidelines, and still fail over and over again. Why? Because sometimes people are tapped out. Sometimes they're just annoyed by the phone call.

I just felt bad working here. We teach older people not to give out credit cards over the phone and this works to completely undo that. You're guilting them into giving you their credit cards.

You will have people listening to your phone calls and constantly telling you how to do better, as if it really mattered. Once you reached a certain proficiency in the call and became comfortable, it simply depended upon the mood of the person you call.

No amount of pressure or cajoling is often going to change their mind.

I would not recommend this job unless you're desperate.

Yes, the comeback will be "Well, I once called someone (or so-and-so once called someone who said she was broke and then I asked if they can do $5000, and they said "Is that all? Sure." Somehow implying that all of the people we call are well-off folks who think they're poor. They said that to me often.

But that's not the case. Or if it is, it's not often. Those are not people that any newcomers will be calling. Generally, you're bullying old people (or people out of work or people raising kids, because who else is home during the day?) out of what little money they have.

The economy is tanked and your job is to bully people into giving you what little money they have. You think giving money to the DCCC or the DSCC is going to do anything about the economy? It's not going to happen.

Becoming a part of IRI means you're becoming those people who pester people for money they don't have for some cause that's not really going to help them. – less

June 19, 2014

Sorry your experience was not what you hoped. We will give almost anyone that can read well and has no criminal background a shot but the job is not for everyone. We can not bill our clients for fundraising if you are not raising funds. We know our donors well. We know some have a lot to give and we put great agents on those files and expect a lot. We know some have less to give and we start newer agents out here. There are 200 agents in the Cambridge office. Many have been with us 15 years. We have lawyers, med students, homemakers, college kids, people on their first job and people that are retired. The one thing they all have is success. As you stated we coach you and work with you. We try hard to get you up to speed because we can only make calls if you are successful. If we send you home we stop getting paid for your calls so it is something we strive not to do. We wish you the best and hope you find employment in a field better suited for you.

July 3, 2014

Sorry this was not a fit. You are really not giving senior citizens the credit they deserve. Many seniors are happy to give. We also call many young supporters and middle age supporters. Can every person give $5000 no but you never know until you ask. For many the job is emotionally impossible and it sounds like it was for you. Hearing no 13 times an hour can be hard. But it is a numbers game. We have almost 1000 employees nationwide and many love it. Many leave for greener pastures and come back realizing they literally love what we do. Sorry it was not a fit. Best of luck in your new job.

Somewhat of a good transitional job/college job
Fundraiser (Current Employee), Columbia, MOMay 29, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, anyone will be hired
Cons: stressful and lacking advancement. don't get complacent.
As a fundraiser, you enact your ability to 'sell hope' and raise capitol to benefit various campaigns of the Democratic party, as well as environmental campaigns.

June 2, 2014

You are right about it being stressful especially if you actually care. In terms of advancement perhaps you should see me my next time in town. I am operations director for the company. We are actively looking to fill a manager position in one of my other centers.

Politics is Knowledge
Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 15, 2014
I've worked through the government shutdown so working here was to say the least very interesting and it taught me a lot about the country we live and how to deal with different types of personalities. the hardest part of this job was getting donations in a time were each political party had a part in the gverment shutdown so no one was to willing to – more... see the brighter side of things. the most enjoyable part was meeting and speaking with different people because ive learned so much. – less

June 2, 2014

Glad you learned something and made the most of it. Anyone can learn a lot doing what we do. Speaking to many different donors, discussing different political points of view and learning persistence will always pay off. Thanks for what you have done to help.

A Passion for the Youth
data entry, contribution processing (Current Employee), Durham, NCApril 28, 2014
This job requires that you have a passion and zeal for the youth. It always great to put a smile on a child's face and give a misguided child direction.

June 2, 2014

Glad it floats your boat! After 5 years working for company I still get a kick out of what we do.

cubicals fun interactive work enviornment daily prizes
Professional Fundraiser/Telemarketer (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: flexable hours, helping out my political party, diversity
Cons: its telemarketing so the people we called would sometimes be extremely rude
code calling for democratic organizations and non profit organizations. I learned tons about DCCC and DSCC.

April 8, 2014

Glad you enjoyed the work. As I always say the job is love it or hate it. Many people leave thinking they do not like the job and within a few months come back. Many say "I have not been able to stop thinking about it". The environment in Cambridge is getting better by the day as we just completed an expansion and are now working on some remodel work. We are right on the red line so commute is easy. I hope we get you back.

Awful place to work
Found raiser (Former Employee), Cambridge maJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: non just a bunch of feens
Cons: just read the review
They are racist, rude, and they make you waste your time by telling you you got a job and then making you do all these trainings plus theres this african americAn guy in the cambridge center THE WORSTT he didnt even train us all he did was talk about his non important daughter Useless place i dont recomend anyone to work here is not worth it

March 3, 2014

Sorry your experience was not the best. We have four call centers nation wide. We have 3 managed by African Americans but the color of your skin never enters our mind. We hire anyone we think can fund-raise and promote anyone we think will be a great manager or supervisor so it is hard to see where the racism thing comes from. As we tell you up front the job is performance based. We try to give you all the coaching and direction you need to succeed. Many have no problem exceeding goal but for others it will never happen. Sorry it was not for you but we will give almost anyone that can read a chance.

Its A Job
Floor Caller (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 9, 2013
When I was there hours were cut very low. I had one check that was 20.00 dollars, so I had to let it go.

January 15, 2014

Sorry you did not have a great experience. As the ad says you must be willing to be persistent and the job is performance based in that the better you perform the more you make and the more hours you can work. Sorry it did not work out. Best of luck.

As much fun as telemarketing can be!
Professional Fund-Raiser (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: place to move up in the company
Cons: they will literally hire anybody!
Campaigned during the time President Obama first got into Health Care. Placed calls all around the country to get people on board with Obama Care.

April 8, 2014

Glad you are as into the cause as I am. No one claims every minute is fun but I can tell you I love speaking with the donors. They are the true base of the Democratic party. They care and give to move their agenda forward. Many care about different things from fair pay, to LGBT rights and from education to infrastructure and jobs. Democrats are fighting to protect programs that are important in these times of billionaires vs the rest of us. We are fighting to protect WIC, SNAP, housing, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, free public education and low cost student loans. The job is not hard in that you are not carrying heavy things but rejection can be tough. Caring about what you are fighting for helps.

About Integral Resources, Inc

Integral Resources, Inc. is a full-service telefundraising agency that designs and manages cost-effective professional campaigns. Unlike – Read more