Integral Resources, Inc

Integral Resources, Inc Employee Reviews

Here's what they won't tell you.....
Caller (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 7, 2016
Pros were the flexibility and the fact that you get to leave whenever you want, just as long as you make your hours for the week. BUT they DON'T give you a chance to make your hours! What they WILL NOT tell you is that YOU WILL BE SENT HOME if you do not make any credit cards at ANY time. PLEASE ASK ABOUT THIS DURING THE TRAINING/INTERVIEW, BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU AT ALL! And the supervisors aren't honest at all. They won't tell that you're being sent home because you havent made anything. The first time it happened to me was only after 3 hours. And I was barely getting calls. Even if you are giving GREAT introductions, GREAT 2nd and 3rd efforts, and being persistent in a good way with asking for money, and people don't want to donate, you WILL STILL BE SENT HOME. I was sent home one time after FIFTEEN MINUTES into my shift! FIFTEEN MINUTES! I don't want to keep you guys reading this so in conclusion, This job is NOT for someone who has bills or other things to pay. The supervisors will NOT tell you the REAL DEAL as to why you're being sent home. And again THEY DO NOT TELL YOU THIS DURING THE INTERVIEW/TRAINING, so please ask!!! Please just simply ask "What happens when you don't get any donations?". And its MESSED up because there are people who probably come into this job thinking that they finally get to make some money to pay their bills, expenses, ect, but they don't even get to do that. And that's not IRI's fault that people may have bills, but they owe it to tell ppl the real deal so that pol won't waste their time working there. Now don't get me wrong, there ARE  more... people that don't get any donations and still don't get sent home, but these are people that have been there for years. My main point is that as a NEW PERSON COMING IN, this is how they will treat you. & One last point. They don't take into consideration that you are giving great pitches and that you aren't getting many calls or that you've only been there for an hour or 2. They will simply look at your numbers and if you haven't made anything, they'll send you home.  less
Pros
Flexibility. Leave whenever. Wear whatever, no uniform.
Cons
They will send you home whenever they feel like it.
Great place to work and very flexible when needed.
Telemarketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 27, 2015
I've worked for Integral Resources for over 6 years now. Prior to working here I worked for another telemarketing company who cheated and lied to donors to get the results they needed. This eventually led to the company being sued by the federal government for over $18 million forcing me to live off of unemployment. Integral Resources took me in and based on my experience hired me on as a supervisor only after two months of employment. Since then I have had the ability to help the company grow and with great leadership from the CFO we are now overwhelmed with work from our clients which allows us to be flexible with the employees and keep the doors open 7 days a week. Managers are very helpful and very understanding to circumstances life can throw our way. We train and coach reps to not only become superb salesman/woman but also you get a wealth of political knowledge and how you as an individual can make a difference in the political environment. The pay is good, the hours are flexible, the staff is friendly, but overall you get a chance to make a difference in the world we live in by simply making one phone call at a time. Can't beat it ladies and gentlemen. Come and apply today.
Pros
Flexibility and making a difference in the world we live in.
Cons
n/a
Call center for sales
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  worcester, maOctober 22, 2015
They train you for a week with a lot of information but it is very easy to learn. The supervisors are always there to help you if needed. The pay is minimum wage but there is opportunity to make more money.
It can't get any worse
phone slave (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 2, 2015
This was easily the worst job I have ever had. I have worked on phones at a few different places in a few different roles. I have done fundraising, cold-calling surveys, and inbound and outbound sales. The management at IRI is arrogant, they have the "us vs. them" mentality, and think they are saving the world from the republicans by raising money for corrupt democrats who don't even need the money. Like any of these prospects could possibly make a difference compared to lobbyists or corporate or private campaign contributors. Give me a break. The scripts are terrible. Everywhere else I have ever worked had better scripts. In my sales job I have the scripts memorized and they work. This job is the absolute worst you start pitching to the prospect pretty much immediately whether they want to talk to you or not with a script written by a high school dropout. This job is at the absolute bottom of the barrel, only to be taken if you are desperate and there are no other alternatives.
Pros
Cons
everything
overall nice people to be around and great skills to be taught politically
professional fundraiser (Former Employee) –  durham, ncJuly 13, 2015
the people are great, the money is ok. the democratic party is a interesting party learned a lot. working for this company was ok. I didn't really like the pay cause it was based off commission. the people are nice and help with everything with great training.
Enter At Your Own Risk
Telefundraiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 27, 2015
Alright so if you're going to decide to work at the IRI then be aware of the following...

1) Some Supervisors do not understand the proper way to correct or criticize a caller for a mistake. Some of them will say "You should know by now or know better". They can be unprofessional or demeaning. From what I can tell, promotions are based on performance. So while you maybe really good at getting people to donate that doesn't necessarily mean you're good at giving constructive criticism.

2) You will have to BUY IN to what they're telling you. Integral's job is to sell YOU on what it takes to get the donor to contribute. So leave all logic, common sense and reason at the door. I was once told that many donors will think I am apart of a scam if I ask for a reasonable amount of money rather than ask for a high amount. Cause, as you know, everyone loves giving 500-2,000 bucks away at the drop of a hat.

3) IRI still makes money regardless of whether you get a donation or not because they are paid by the number of contacts. So you're encouraged to keep making as many calls as quickly as possible and if you get a donation well then that's the icing on the cake for you and the organization you're calling on behalf of. But regardless IRI will get their money.

4) The place is unethical. There will be times when you may be written up for an infraction. But most of the managers who are listening to the calls that you are making will look the other way if you make that same infraction again and again and again. So the question becomes if it's ignored those other times then why
  more... am I being written up now? In addition to that calls appear as unavailable on some people's caller id screens. So be prepared to explain that if a donor asks you.

5) Breaks are sometimes 10 or 15 mins long. However I believe they are this way because of one particular manager. The other managers on duty seem to be fairly consistent with the length being 15 mins.

The people who work alongside you are definitely from different backgrounds, experiences and education levels. IRI's screening process is very lenient. So always take anything with you that you feel is valuable when you go on break. While there maybe criminal background checks done, as some of the supervisors who have replied to these reviews have stated, you still can't be too careful with who you sit next to at this place.
Pros
Flexible schedule, come and go during your shift
Cons
Break times are inconsistent, supervisors need coaching on speaking to employees
Very balanced and productive
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 18, 2015
This job was fun and challenging at the same time. But i learned a lot about myself. The staff was awesome they were very helpful and they were like a family
Professional Fundraiser
Professional Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 15, 2015
Fundraising for non-profits and political organizations.
I learned how to engage donors with good listening skills and empathy.
The management is very hands on and the coworkers were very professional.
Being a sales orien
Fun atmosphere
Telefundraiser (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 7, 2015
Very fun and productive atmosphere loved all my co workers and all the incentives as well. This is a telefundraiser job where you may gain political knowledge and learn something new each day in regards to politics.
Pros
free gift cards, cash on the spot incentives
Cons
earnings not sufficient
It was great chance to learn
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 3, 2015
Very professional, and it was a pleasure to work for such great company. I learn so much about customer service and the democrats.
Decent workplace with flexible scheduling.
Telemarketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 12, 2015
You are constantly calling out to Democrats across the US for contributions for Democrats for Senate and Congress as well as a few Non-Profit Organizations. Working here I've learned a lot about our Government and Non-Profit Organizations.
Some of the Managers here are excellent while others are a little more relaxed and do not put in as much effort. Most of the co-workers are pleasant and polite although a majority of them are plighted with previous substance abuse issues.
The hardest part of the job is convincing the donors too contribute as the economy is improving it is still hard for a lot of the Democratic citizens. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you interact with whether they are co-workers or donors are all intellectual people with whom you learn a lot from.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not really suitable for single mothers
You Get Out of it What You Put Into it.
Telemarketing Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 26, 2014
If you're looking for a job that you can just slide into, sleepwalk your way through a day, and expect to earn more than average pay or not be let go, then this is not for you.

If you have a brain, a quick wit, and a desire to excel, then you can succeed here. Can everyone? No. Will it be easy? Not on your life. Things won't get handed to you. It is a competitive environment. You compete WITH yourself, and at times everyone else. You have to want it.

As an agent, fundraising/selling is a grind no matter where you are or what you're representing. You have to know your subject matter, and you have to know people. And you have to be resilient to all forms of "no" to keep making efforts to overcome them, and convert that into "yes". It is harder than selling a service, and much harder than selling a product. The amount of stress is intense. You'll find that in most any call center.

I saw a complaint about calls being listened to. As Managers and Supervisors, we monitor (listen in on) your calls so that if you're struggling, we can help you figure out why, and correct it. And if you're doing stupid stuff between calls or acting improperly they hear that too.

Have you never made a mistake? I can't think of many other good works than giving people who WANT to work a second chance to get their lives back on track. I knew several people who lived in a "halfway house" who you would never know it with every reason to complain, and they did a great job. In any call center, you're going to have a certain element, "druggies" as I saw it referred to as. As a manager, I can tell you that
  more... if I don't have knowledge of that kind of activity going on, I can't do anything about it. And when we did get word of it, we investigated, and took action.

For my part, I loved my job, even though it was 60+ hours a week and no overtime, and enjoyed most of the people I worked with. There were some people I didn't care for, but that is natural in every part of life.

I had the privilege of being hired in 2011 by someone who thought enough of what I could bring to IRI's culture that he hired me directly, and I learned a great deal from him. I then spent a year working for a man whom I have, and retain, the utmost respect for. After he was promoted, for my last 9 months I was thrown some huge challenges, but they were worth it.

Everything wasn't rosy for me, and if I were a lesser, angry, inconsiderate person, it would be easy to write a less balanced review. My only regret is that my course didn't run differently, and for that I must accept and own my part in it. I'd possibly still be there.

If you have an upbeat disposition and a willingness to learn, you'll get a fair shot here. If all you can do is whine and complain, well, if you're good, you'll be ok, If you can't cut it, whining and complaining will get shown the door that much faster. That's how it should be.

IRI made me better because I put in the time and effort to benefit from what I could learn, and whom I could learn it from. I watched others fail who thought they could slide by on talent and/or personality alone. It's your choice.
Pros
flexible schedule, ongoing training, chance to make some decent money, great opportunities for advancement.
Cons
stress, variable pay (on performance), variable personalities, you're only as good as your last shift.
Flexible work schedule
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 26, 2014
On a typical day of work, I would be able to choose, which shift I wanted to work. I informed voters on political parties and help them with their donation to the democratic party. I was able to gain an abundance of knowledge on political parties and their political agenda. Management was excellent and confirming each call and help me out on any information I fell short of. The co-workers were excellent motivators.
excellent work enviornment
Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 25, 2014
Converted a "No' to "yes"
learned a lot about politics
co workers were friendly
most enjoyable is getting a donation
Pros
good & easy pay
Cons
getting cussed out everyday

Comment – January 6, 2015

Glad you like the work environment. Sorry about the angry donors. After a few months you do not even notice it. One thing I will say is you also get thanked on many calls for the work you are doing. Working inbound for a bank or other customer service job you will only deal with angry people.

Unprofessional and filled with drunks and druggies.
agent (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 26, 2014
This is by far the worst job I've ever had. The manager who replies to every review is not nice like he tries to come off on here. He is one the worst people I've ever met.He brags about having a plane and all this money and we get no benefits and terrible compensation. All the positive reviews you see on here are from him or the supervisors who get paid off well for coming into work drunk. This place isn't for civilized people, it's for those who need a job while staying in a halfway house. Legit. When I worked there there was at least 10 people who got hired from the nearest halfway house. Not to mention all the felons who get hired. They fire people like crazy here too. You can give your all to this job but they won't give you anything in return.
Cons
everything

Comment – September 22, 2014

Wow so sorry you did not like your time at Integral. Please message the CCD about who the druggies are so we can remove them. Yes I used to have an airplane in 2008 when my mortgage business was thriving I sold my Honda mini van to buy it. It cost the same as the van. Yes we will give people a second chance like if they are in a halfway house. We look at that as a positive rather than a negative. We however hire no one with a felony as we are required by law to background check each applicant (as you know). We have not fired anyone in almost two months so I am unsure of who you are referring too. Health insurance is being offered to all employee's starting on December 1st and it is something we have worked on for years.

Fun, profitable, and informative
Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 13, 2014
When I first came to work here I thought I knew a lot about politics, I soon learned that wasn't the case. IRI allows us to learn what we need to know about what is happening for and against us.

Management is always there to help, offering additional training to help agents succeed. Everyone, even co-workers, help get new hires up to speed.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is to see agents hit their stride and earn the money they need and deserve.

The hardest part for me is when I don't perform they way I know I can.

Overall, probably the easiest job I have ever had.
Pros
bonuses from the first week. flexible hours

Comment – August 28, 2014

Making phone calls to people who care is still not easy. Your mom cares about you. Ask her for money and what do you get? "No". So we work with our agents. Trainers give you knowledge and tools to be persuasive. Managers will give you a shot in a great file. What you do with what we give you will determine your success. You have been a big part of Columbia's success as one of the trainers. Thanks for all you do.

Enjoyable mix of staff members
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2014
Enjoyable atmosphere and fun place to work. Job consisted of conducting surveys for political campaigns

Comment – August 28, 2014

Unfortunately we are out of the survey game but we have more work than we can handle fundraising.

You won't know until you try
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 8, 2014
This is the kind of job you make it what you want it to be. You can choose your own schedule and you can learn how to talk about what's going on politically and how to be persuasive. It helps if you have that initiative to challenge yourself and motivate yourself to go for the bonuses. It's kind of like a game. Something about working here makes me feel young and hopeful. The environment is stimulating and it's curious to connect with varied people and hear how they think. Asking for money is an uphill battle but we're all in it together working to improve how we live. Helpful to have strong self-esteem and positive energy or the frustration level at getting rejected could defeat you.
Pros
flexible hours, great learning experience
Cons
performance-based job, not for everyone

Comment – August 28, 2014

Wow you said it better than I ever could. We have three Call Center Directors that started on the phones. Some made it fast some took a couple of years. We have a supervisor in Cambridge that made supervisor in one month after making 40 hours a week of awesome calls. Virtually every employee from top to bottom started on the phone, in the mail room or in one or two cases as entry level supervisors. Thanks for the nice review. Good luck in your career.

Friendly environment and staff
Professional Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 7, 2014
I log in to my station, turn on my phone and sometimes watch videos first. I automatically go to people and try to get them to donate money to the organizations that we support. There are scripts written on the screen. We get bonuses for hours worked, credit cards and being the highest in pay pool. We have one 15 minute break on the morning shift. I learned how to communicate with people with an upbeat and positive attitude. I learned how to handle objections over the phone. The staff are friendly and give us advice about our phone calls. My co-workers are friendly and they help out if they can. I socialize with them mostly on break. The hardest part of the job is handling objections and treating the other person as a human being because some of them are angry. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning to talk to people and have them like me enough to donate and get the credit card asks.
Pros
extra money, contests and prizes if you get credit card donations.
Cons
only 1 15 minute break and you can get sent home early if you do a poor job that day.

Comment – August 14, 2014

Glad you are enjoying the work. After many years of doing this it still floats my boat. We do try to educate you with a video every day and offer all the help we can to make you a success. The reality is for some the job comes easy and for some hard. I am glad we found you. Good luck in your career with us and say hi to me (JB) the next time I am in Worcester.

The best tele-fundraising position I have ever had.
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 1, 2014
I have worked at integral resources since 2008
It is by far the best job I have ever had second to being a record executive.
A big part of your success will rely in how you react to what donors and constituents say to you.
In this job %10 of the job is what they say to you where as %90 is how you react to it.

A typical day at I.R.I Starts with a nice motivational shift announcement .Followed by a brief explanation of current events and quotas that need to be attained.

The management and supervisor staff is fantastic and will go above and beyond to make sure everyone has a measure of success that is physically noticeable in their paychecks.

Co-workers are good and bad, In my opinion if there is an upset co-worker its because they are not taking the advice management is giving them or they are not doing the basics of the job they agree to do in the employee handbook.
I say this because when I first started calling and was failing miserably I started taking the coaching and started converting.

Simply put if you do the job and stick to the basics you can make a lot of money here.
I was making an average of $11-$15 an hour based on my conversion and based on my bonuses. After a few years of making that type of money they promoted me to higher ranks form within.

The hardest part of the job is engaging misinformed, jaded voters who don't follow or understand whats happening to democracy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is on the same hand as the hardest part of the job.
For every mad person you speak with there is another person who is full of history and passion and just as
  more... you are inspiring them they are inspiring you. There is this really cool type of symbiotic relationship between the callers and the donors and it is really amazing to witness.
You also never know who you re going to get on the phone.

3 Months ago I spoke to Jackie Chan.
2 weeks ago I spoke to David Rothschild
6 months ago i got to personally speak with Debbie stabenow.

So you get to speak to a lot of amazing sometimes famous people.
so that is another really cool benefit of the job.
Pros
felxible hours, great pay, good commison and bonuses
Cons
the only con there is is that you don't work here yet.

Comment – August 14, 2014

The "Record Executive" gave away who you are to me. This is one of the top managers in the company. I have watched him struggle as an agent, succeed as an agent, learn to be a supervisor, become one of only a few supervisors with company wide impact from coast to coast, promote to manager and excel in this roll as well. I sincerely hope to have you on my team for many years. I hope to see not only how much more the company can grow but how you will grow and develop with us. You are truly one of the nicest and best human beings I have had the opportunity to work with in my work lifetime.