Integrated Device Technology

Integrated Device Technology Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, Happy place to work
PM Operator/Trainer Thin Film Area (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Management is nice, Employee have good benefits. People have good team work, dependable, multi task. Hardest part if machine is down and we stop our production.
Pros
Paid lunch hrs., profit sharing, vacation fee, bonus, sick time pay
Cons
Medical, dental and vision care benefits.
HR Rep, best job I ever had
HR Generalist/Benefits Admin (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 8, 2015
Had a wonderful HR team that allowed for everyone's success.

Worked all aspects of HR. Began as HR Asst, quickly promoted to Benefits Admin, then to Sr. HR Rep.

This was one of IDT's manufacturing sites (semi conductors and more). I had the privilege and honor to work with hundreds of people from all around the world. And because of my role in HR I got to meet each and every one. I problem solved much of the time, which is one of my strengths.

Was layed off in the 7th round of lay offs. Since that time, the facility was sold and manufacturing went to Ireland and China.
Huge workload but well compensated for work.
Sustaining Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 25, 2015
Co-workers here are wonderful they were like a second family to me.
When the company was doing well they shared the wealth across the board. More to those that had good work ethic and took on extra responsibilities. Management was easy to work with and reasonable in their requests. Very good starting place if you are looking to expand your knowledge in the Semi-Conductor field.
Pros
constant raises, excellent co-workers, compensation and advancement opportunities.
Cons
long hours, very heavy workload
Good company to work for
Senior Product Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 25, 2016
Company is going through a lot of changes and streamlining. So, there is a lot of instability internally. I worked as a applications engineer in the corporate marketing team. The team and manager were good.
worst company in America
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2015
Terrible place to work. Racist, incompetent, management who play politics. A publically traded company that blatantly does not follow Sarbanes-Oxley. What more can i say?
Good
Analog Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 27, 2016
Good work.
Co workers are helping and knowledgeable .
Good benefits.
Good job culture
Keeping pace with the industry.
Good work life balance
time to move on
cae (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 21, 2015
time to move on. immature management they do not value dedicated talent and continue to reward them financially. not progressive in theory and reality.
Pros
location
Cons
immature management
Loved my work and the people HR mgmt needs improvement
HR Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 6, 2012
I was managed many products when I started I was HR analyst and moved into operations I learned staffing iplemented a ATS system I would facilitate NHO every Monday then I would process new hire paperwork and enter into SAP I processed tuition reimbursent, VOES, verify employment and implement new processes. I had alot of friends there and a great team! Great manager the VP HR came in and re did the whole department and it fell apart.
Pros
great benefits, people, activites, long term employees lots of rehires
Cons
upper management in hr
IDT was my dreamjob!
Bandwidth Buyer/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 25, 2012
I was employed at IDT for 8 1/2 years, coming into the corporation as an entry-level Administrative Assistant and being promoted several times. The year I was laid off I had been a Bandwidth Buyer (for 2 years) I have done everything from supporting one Executive and his staff of 10 representatives to supporting a whole department consisting of 150 in addition to our offices and employees and clients internationally. So this promotion was definitley a turning point for me. I had become one of the several people I was supporting years prior. I learned everything from Engineering, Project Management, Legal negotiations, Reporting, and every technical aspect of Telecommunications on a whole new level.
The management there was rewarding and they all had faith that lifted me further in my career there. My coworkers were very business minded and easy to work with.
The hardest part of my job was being laid off. I would still be there if I could be.
The enjoyable part of my was the perks. I worked with a remarkable Executive that took me under her wing and showed me so much more than I knew existed. I went to site tours, business meetings, Tradeshows, etc. in addition to very decent salary and 10k per year in bonuses.
Pros
free lunches, great compensation, great people to work with.
Cons
being laid off.
Looks great on paper
Retail Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 22, 2014
The job looks great on a resume. There were many things I didn't make commission that I should have.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low commission
Company provided picnics and christmas parties
Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 7, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was working a compressed work week having 3 and 4 day weekends
Pros
good benefits
Cons
small raises
long days of mystery
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2013
Meeting in the morning, head out to location, try to reach out to people and get them to sign up for discounts. If no one signs, there is no money going your way.
Pros
meeting new people and going to new places
Cons
sometimes no break, on commission no salary
Great people to work with
HR Executive Assistant / HR Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 12, 2014
I love working here. IDT has great people, great location and they offer great benefits as well.
Pros
gym and cafe onsite.
Cons
n/a
Productive Environment
Fault Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJAugust 18, 2015
It is requires one to be very productive, and must be a team player. The role is one that requires an individual who knows how to work with multiple personalities.
World Class FAB
Lead Equipment Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 29, 2014
As the Lead, I owned the responsibility of interacting with management. I had 12 hours with a team to ensure the Etch department tools were serviced through PMs( Preventive Maintenance) and repaired quickly through diagnose/repair. What I learned is a series of different tool sets, and each shifts documentation of troubleshooting really was instrumental in quickly moving forward in diagnosis. The management had clear goals and rarely changed set procedures. My colleagues were the best part of the day, as they knew when and where the product was going to be at which tool and what time. The hardest part of the job was not having replacement modules and when the FAB closed down. The most enjoyable part of the job was isolating the issue, repairing it and putting the tool back to production.
Pros
diagnose/repairing of many tool sets.
Cons
fab closure
worked for Satallite acquisition
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2014
Our industry was analog & software intensive; IDT's historic & current dependency involved hard-coded ASIC's (clock buffers, digital switch management, and currently switching power regulators.) There was an apples-avocados interaction during every quarter telecast & forecast, ultimately our entire infrastructure was dissolved.

As our department was downsized, our local management and co-workers remained in-tact; only regional executive responsibility changed hands during the multiple levels of downsizing.
Pros
networking - working with colleagues in the semiconductor industry
Cons
unsupported - our product line was un-understood & ultimately unsupported.
IDT is a good place to work.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 22, 2015
I used to work there when its just a small company. Everyone on the floor knows each other and get along so well. We worked hard and enjoy having a potluck on Friday.
Legacy of poor choices by upper management has left the company with a doubtful future.
Sales/Marketing Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 14, 2013
The majority of employee are knowledgeable, patient, and hard-working. However after selling off the majority of the companies core technologies, there is not much left to leverage into future growth and the slow economic condition does not help. Severe adjustments by the board to downsize and re-position the remaining people looks like desperation.
Pros
good people, nice location
Cons
management pound on everybody, very tense atmospheres
Involves alot of Travel and I enjoy doing so.
Outside sales- Territory and Route (Current Employee) –  Eastern Ohio/ Western PaJune 13, 2012
Travel follow route plan. Cold Call , Service existing customers. Collections. Promotions....
Pros
enjoy working with differant people daily.
Cons
management changes structure mid way. no consistancy. (weekly)
Easy and detailed with a good sociable environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cupey, PRMay 9, 2012
Take call and help customer recharge there calling cards or pin numbers to call to other states or country. I learned that many people communicate more over phone than written correspondence. A great team supervisor always helping and showing what to do and not to do . Co-workers very respectable always helping one another in any doubt or question one would have during work hours. Solving issues with the customers connection that would sometimes be difficult at times because the phone lines would be overloaded with callers. The satisfaction of a customer satisfied with the service.
Pros
company parties and trips