Integrated Device Technology

Integrated Device Technology Employee Reviews

Nice campus and gym; great food at the cafe; good working atmosphere
Project Manager & Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 15, 2016
It's a good place to establish your career as a college graduate. Colleagues are willing to help and mentor whenever you need help. Management is good in general. A new CEO usually comes on board on a 5-year basis.
Productive, fast pace, AOP and margin oriented
Sr. Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 16, 2016
Great company for growth in the future. IDT has great vision on future products, R&D, Divisions, etc. IDT acquired ZMDI, automotive company which has great growth for the company.
Pros
fast pace, challenging, great CEO vision, and goal oriented
Cons
long hours, last minute updates...
Great company to work for.
Assistant Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 7, 2016
It is a busy environment and a perfect place for hard working dedicating individuals that enjoy contributing with a team to accomplished shared goals.

Hard work and dedication is appreciate.
Organization offers team building exercises to contribute toward productivity.
Pros
Great company to work for
Good company to work for
Senior Product Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 25, 2016
Company is going through a lot of changes and streamlining. So, there is a lot of instability internally. I worked as a applications engineer in the corporate marketing team. The team and manager were good.
Productive, Happy place to work
PM Operator/Trainer Thin Film Area (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Management is nice, Employee have good benefits. People have good team work, dependable, multi task. Hardest part if machine is down and we stop our production.
Pros
Paid lunch hrs., profit sharing, vacation fee, bonus, sick time pay
Cons
Medical, dental and vision care benefits.
Good
Analog Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 27, 2016
Good work.
Co workers are helping and knowledgeable .
Good benefits.
Good job culture
Keeping pace with the industry.
Good work life balance
HR Rep, best job I ever had
HR Generalist/Benefits Admin (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 8, 2015
Had a wonderful HR team that allowed for everyone's success.

Worked all aspects of HR. Began as HR Asst, quickly promoted to Benefits Admin, then to Sr. HR Rep.

This was one of IDT's manufacturing sites (semi conductors and more). I had the privilege and honor to work with hundreds of people from all around the world. And because of my role in HR I got to meet each and every one. I problem solved much of the time, which is one of my strengths.

Was layed off in the 7th round of lay offs. Since that time, the facility was sold and manufacturing went to Ireland and China.
time to move on
cae (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 21, 2015
time to move on. immature management they do not value dedicated talent and continue to reward them financially. not progressive in theory and reality.
Pros
location
Cons
immature management
worst company in America
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2015
Terrible place to work. Racist, incompetent, management who play politics. A publically traded company that blatantly does not follow Sarbanes-Oxley. What more can i say?
Huge workload but well compensated for work.
Sustaining Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 25, 2015
Co-workers here are wonderful they were like a second family to me.
When the company was doing well they shared the wealth across the board. More to those that had good work ethic and took on extra responsibilities. Management was easy to work with and reasonable in their requests. Very good starting place if you are looking to expand your knowledge in the Semi-Conductor field.
Pros
Constant raises, Excellent Co-Workers, Compensation and advancement opportunities.
Cons
Long hours, Very heavy workload
worked for Satallite acquisition
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2014
Our industry was analog & software intensive; IDT's historic & current dependency involved hard-coded ASIC's (clock buffers, digital switch management, and currently switching power regulators.) There was an apples-avocados interaction during every quarter telecast & forecast, ultimately our entire infrastructure was dissolved.

As our department was downsized, our local management and co-workers remained in-tact; only regional executive responsibility changed hands during the multiple levels of downsizing.
Pros
networking - working with colleagues in the semiconductor industry
Cons
unsupported - our product line was un-understood & ultimately unsupported.
Easy and detailed with a good sociable environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cupey, PRMay 9, 2012
Take call and help customer recharge there calling cards or pin numbers to call to other states or country. I learned that many people communicate more over phone than written correspondence. A great team supervisor always helping and showing what to do and not to do . Co-workers very respectable always helping one another in any doubt or question one would have during work hours. Solving issues with the customers connection that would sometimes be difficult at times because the phone lines would be overloaded with callers. The satisfaction of a customer satisfied with the service.
Pros
company parties and trips
Loved my work and the people HR mgmt needs improvement
HR Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 6, 2012
I was managed many products when I started I was HR analyst and moved into operations I learned staffing iplemented a ATS system I would facilitate NHO every Monday then I would process new hire paperwork and enter into SAP I processed tuition reimbursent, VOES, verify employment and implement new processes. I had alot of friends there and a great team! Great manager the VP HR came in and re did the whole department and it fell apart.
Pros
great benefits, people, activites, long term employees lots of rehires
Cons
upper management in hr
hard work , but very compensatory
Supervisor Social Work/Intervention/Monitor (Former Employee) –  algarve, PortugalSeptember 4, 2012
hard work both in physical and psychological
Working with people with addictions, or basic needs, or behavioural issues, it´s not easy at all.
Each day is a day, each person is a case, each case is several issues.
I have training in the area and I always gave my best efforts to promote healthy lifestyles, or to give my energy to empower others, so they be able to have a better life.
Pros
working with people, p2p
Cons
payroll, not contract, a lot of instability related to formalities with employer-employee
Legacy of poor choices by upper management has left the company with a doubtful future.
Sales/Marketing Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 14, 2013
The majority of employee are knowledgeable, patient, and hard-working. However after selling off the majority of the companies core technologies, there is not much left to leverage into future growth and the slow economic condition does not help. Severe adjustments by the board to downsize and re-position the remaining people looks like desperation.
Pros
Good people, nice location
Cons
Management pound on everybody, very tense atmospheres
World Class FAB
Lead Equipment Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 29, 2014
As the Lead, I owned the responsibility of interacting with management. I had 12 hours with a team to ensure the Etch department tools were serviced through PMs( Preventive Maintenance) and repaired quickly through diagnose/repair. What I learned is a series of different tool sets, and each shifts documentation of troubleshooting really was instrumental in quickly moving forward in diagnosis. The management had clear goals and rarely changed set procedures. My colleagues were the best part of the day, as they knew when and where the product was going to be at which tool and what time. The hardest part of the job was not having replacement modules and when the FAB closed down. The most enjoyable part of the job was isolating the issue, repairing it and putting the tool back to production.
Pros
Diagnose/Repairing of many tool sets.
Cons
FAB closure
productive, face paced, room for growth
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 18, 2013
Idt was a face paced customer service call center. It was a professional and busy environment. They offered reasonable shifts and also provided free transportation.

My duties were to resolve customer care issues with their telephone service and accounts.

company downsized, and then closed shortly after.
Sub par engineering in a dying semiconductor company
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 5, 2013
If you want a job with a company that has a bright future, then I'd looks somewhere else. I have worked for several semiconductor companies (large, and small) and this has been BY FAR the worst.
Pros
you will feel like the smartest person in the room
Cons
you probably are the smartest person in the room
Very productive/informative with idt
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 11, 2013
Typical day was very high speed call volume. I learned alot of things concerning telephone and bill options. Management where always willing to assist with difficult calls/customers the hardest part of the job was very irate cutomers
Pros
discounts
Cons
irate customers
Great work environment with growth potential
Asst. Supervisor/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 2, 2014
Great work place. Was very fast pace. Good building with many different cullers. Well managed building. I managed great crew of security officers. We kept the building and the workers safe 24/7 365.
Pros
Growth Potential
Cons
Staff cut backs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Integrated Device Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

Integrated Device Technology Reviews by Location