Our lead edge health 3.0 and integrative healthcare group is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as Office Manager and Billing Coordinator for our Norwalk location. This position includes the coordination and administration of front office activities as well as coding, coordinating, verifying and distributing all billable services. The current manager will provide thorough training and continued support.
- Act as a team leader to manage office costs and ensure efficient billing activities.
- Coordinate with clinical staff to obtain charge information for all patients.
- Assign appropriate ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS code(s) for each service
- Coordinate medical records submission to third-party payers
- Proactively resolve complex patient billing inquiries and concerns
- Conduct all functions associated with patient check-out including pricing services, collecting payment and scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Coordinate staff schedules to ensure proper coverage and accommodate growth
- Maintain growth reports
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An understanding of health insurance, medical costs and health policy
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism
- A team player who handles multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- High comfort level with technology, and skilled with computers.
- Polished and professional communication capabilities, bilingual a plus
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven capability in maintaining confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to cooperate and build constructive relationships at all levels of interaction, both internal and external
- Excellent organizational skills, including experience in scheduling meetings and planning travel, prioritizing and coordinating schedules, and collaboration with other key staff on a broad range of tasks
- Consistently exhibit professional, positive, diplomatic demeanor
- BA/BS completed by May 2013
- At least 2 years experience preferred, willing to provide additional training to the right candidate
Entrepreneurial and enterprising personality as we also house a state of the art technology start up company.
Indeed - 5 months ago