Integrated Medical Systems

Integrated Medical Systems Employee Reviews in United States

No communicateion
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 7, 2015
Had multiple managers who were never around. had to wait days for a returned call. not a lot of quality product training. had a lot of changes within the first year.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
no communication with management
innovative
Operations Assistant/Supply Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 19, 2016
hands on job i learned about microscopes, management was awesome col workers freindly, the hardest art would be couting o rings, and the best is break time.
Pros
learnng about medical technology
Cons
Good company with great pay
Operating room liaison (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAMay 30, 2015
Great company to work for with great pay and excellent benefits.
Lots of room for advancement. Great opportunities to travel.
Pros
great pay, excellent benefits
Cons
Contract company
I give the company a moderate review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 12, 2012
I enjoy working for the company, and have gained a lot of experience. Every day has been challenging and I continue to learn every day. I have been treated well and feel appreciated for the work I do, however I feel advancement is not available and need a change.
Pros
breaks, company party at christmas
Cons
short lunches, under staffed, no raises in 2 years
Outstanding learning environment; wish I had started here a long time ago
Clinical Operations Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 22, 2013
Typical day at work involves interaction with operating room staff and members of the sterile processing team as well as many different vendors. The interaction that I have with management, co-workers, operating room staff and vendors is a great experience.

It is difficult since the hours worked are tremendous and the days tend to blur together but it does create an opportunity for someone to do grow within the organization and prepare for the next step; whether it is within the company or with another company.

The most enjoyable part for me is that I get the feeling that what I am doing is really helping the patients more than anything else and it gives me the feeling of that I am learning and growing each day.
Pros
good pay structure, good training for the future.
Cons
Workplace and management less to be desired
Lead Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta,GAFebruary 29, 2012
The job has very low pay for the work that you do. They pay a little above minimum wage but in comparison to other hospitals in the area it is the lowest paying. Also management doesn't seem to care about their employees. If you just want a job to make some money and have tough skin then the job is for you. If you want a career then look else where.
Pros
relationships formed with staff
Cons
low pay rate
Productive work place
Sterile Processing Tech (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 6, 2012
The supervisors always answered my questions in a timely manner
Pros
good salary
Cons
job is not transferable
Not a Great Company Managment Suck
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILJanuary 30, 2014
I have never worked for a company like this, Management was so horrible they didn't care how hard they work you and they was always under staff. my position at IMS was a processing technician. Management kept up the most mess in the job and it seem that they love the messy people they had employed with them. Everyday I left work my feet would be killing me, my back was sore, my head would be hurting me! just hard work and little pay. After about a month there I just start looking at IMS as a job for now but as soon as something else come along I'm gone. It's a great place to get your feet in the door when changing career fields.
Pros
it just a job
Cons
managment suck
Poor Management, Not worth your time If you are looking for a Career.
OR Liaison (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 9, 2014
The company will schedule meetings and phone conference calls, but no change for the good came out of meetings or conference calls. You can be a sloppy employee and that's ok too. Very poor management and could never get payroll correct. Lost lots of my hard earn time for no pay. So if you are looking for a mediocre job with small pay and no advancement then this is the job for you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
or staff show no respect, neither does management, work environment in the or is poor and working in central sterile is horrible.
Horribly managed machine shop with even worse pay and benefits
Machinist II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 16, 2013
Typical week would invoke long hours with little recognition. Management will jerk you around from shift to shift without a single care for you or your family. Best advice would be to make friends with management quickly because those people are the only ones to be taken care of at IMS.
Pros
gained great machining experience to take with me when i quit.
Cons
90% of any promises made by management are all lies.

Want to know more about Integrated Medical Systems?

Ask a question
Progressive with opportunity for advancement
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2013
I found IMS to be a progressive company related to my other jobs in the health care industry. They are innovative and change agents with regard to process improvement and best practices. Not everyone will appreciate this.

If you have high energy, are eager to learn and cater to customers and their patients, IMS is a great place to grow and call home. Advancement is there for those willing to step up and work for it.

If you are content with the status quo and just looking to collect a pay check, IMS may not be the best place for you.

Great company, but not for everyone. Do your research.
Pros
game changers, innovative, upward mobility
Cons
fast paced, stress of patient care environment
Not really a great place to work but a grat place to learn
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2012
You may work anywhere within the department, thats good for learning,

How to do instrument trays

Under new management subject to get fired for no reason

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the people, jealous people.

The most enjoyable is working and getting paid
Pros
flexiable
Cons
overtime
Productive and busy environment
Endoscopic Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 7, 2014
Typical day at work:

Arrive 45 min prior to cases, check in at front desk for review of OR board (22 OR rooms).

Ensure All items are pulled for cases: Monitors,Scopes, Back-ups, IMS tray, Light cord, Cameras, Disposables, Irrigation, Specialties,(any other hospital specific item)

Perform Video Check: Printer Set-up, Bulb Hours, Monitor Line, Picture Quality, Gas Assembly

Check in at Operating Room, Tie up Scrub tech, Drs, Residence, ensure proper assembly and selection of all instruments

Help tear down room, take instruments to decontamination for 3 phase instrument cleaning process, put OR sets back together and put in storage room for next surgery.

Print pictures, Clean monitors and return to storage, Update preference cards if needed
Pros
free dinners when mgt came to town
Cons
short breaks, unpredictable schedule
A fast paced work environment, with little support, and high employee turnover.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 20, 2013
if you work hard and do a good job, you do not get rewarded. If you do nothing and complain, you get promoted.
Cons
good workers leave, mediocrity is rewarded.
Hard Working Individuals make this Company great.
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 20, 2014
I worked for IMS at the Flagship Sterile Processing account at Tucson Medical Center. I learned more on the job skills, in 2 years, working for IMS at TMC then most SPD professionals learn in 10 years. I credit IMS for my knowledge, professionalism, and expertise in this field.
Pros
great company
Hard work not rewarded
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsport,tnMarch 1, 2013
Horrible place to work. Have no respect for facility. Threaten to take rest breaks if do not meet certain tray per hour productivity. All about the numbers. Inadequate staffing. Boosts can fly in travelers in two days notice, turns out it is weeks. Does not value employees. Pays new comers high when in a pinch, but then starts other out at little more than minimum wage. Should be listed as manual labor job and paid accordingly.
Cons
threatens employees, inadequate staffing, etc
Overall a good place to work
Clinical Operations Manager; OR Liaison; Educator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham ALMarch 26, 2014
Overall a good place to work. Limited advancement within company.
Cons
limited advancement
Great Oppurtunity to Get Your 'Foot in the Door' for Medical Sales
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 14, 2013
Great place to work! Friendly environment and pleasant company culture. LOTS of learning, preparation required and must have wonderful conceptual skills.
Pros
great oppurtunity to get your 'foot in the door' for medical sales
Cons
territory assignments
Awesome company to work for
Endoscopic Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLApril 10, 2014
Great place to work, but not much chance for advancement, and on call hours with a family can be challenging.
Short hours, but easy going job
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILDecember 10, 2014
Very short hours. Clean and test any pumps that come in through repair or returns.
Pros
easy job, friendly people
Cons
not enough hours

2.6