Integrated Medical Systems

Integrated Medical Systems Employer Reviews

Productive and busy environment
Endoscopic Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 7, 2014
Pros: free dinners when mgt came to town
Cons: short breaks, unpredictable schedule
Typical day at work:

Arrive 45 min prior to cases, check in at front desk for review of OR board (22 OR rooms).

Ensure All items are pulled for cases: Monitors,Scopes, Back-ups, IMS tray, Light cord, Cameras, Disposables, Irrigation, Specialties,(any other hospital specific item)

Perform Video Check: Printer Set-up, Bulb Hours, Monitor Line, Picture – more... Quality, Gas Assembly

Check in at Operating Room, Tie up Scrub tech, Drs, Residence, ensure proper assembly and selection of all instruments

Help tear down room, take instruments to decontamination for 3 phase instrument cleaning process, put OR sets back together and put in storage room for next surgery.

Print pictures, Clean monitors and return to storage, Update preference cards if needed – less
Overall a good place to work
Clinical Operations Manager; OR Liaison; Educator (Current Employee), Birmingham ALMarch 26, 2014
Cons: limited advancement
Overall a good place to work. Limited advancement within company.
Not a Great Company Managment Suck
Processing Technician (Former Employee), Chicago ILJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: it just a job
Cons: managment suck
I have never worked for a company like this, Management was so horrible they didn't care how hard they work you and they was always under staff. my position at IMS was a processing technician. Management kept up the most mess in the job and it seem that they love the messy people they had employed with them. Everyday I left work my feet would be killing – more... me, my back was sore, my head would be hurting me! just hard work and little pay. After about a month there I just start looking at IMS as a job for now but as soon as something else come along I'm gone. It's a great place to get your feet in the door when changing career fields. – less
Very respectable company
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), Webster, TXDecember 25, 2013
Pros: family company
Sterilize and put together instrument sets, Put case carts together and process scopes and cameras in sterrard, And get instruments to O.R. when called for in timely manner.
Great Oppurtunity to Get Your 'Foot in the Door' for Medical Sales
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 14, 2013
Pros: great oppurtunity to get your 'foot in the door' for medical sales
Cons: territory assignments
Great place to work! Friendly environment and pleasant company culture. LOTS of learning, preparation required and must have wonderful conceptual skills.
would never recommend working for IMS
S3 (Former Employee), nunyaOctober 14, 2013
Pros: i have a job
Cons: pay
Hard work, no recognition, pay has put me in the poor house... Corporate doesn't care about Employees, Management is horrible and lazy.
Horribly managed machine shop with even worse pay and benefits
Machinist II (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 16, 2013
Pros: gained great machining experience to take with me when i quit.
Cons: 90% of any promises made by management are all lies.
Typical week would invoke long hours with little recognition. Management will jerk you around from shift to shift without a single care for you or your family. Best advice would be to make friends with management quickly because those people are the only ones to be taken care of at IMS.
Outstanding learning environment; wish I had started here a long time ago
Clinical Operations Management Trainee (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 22, 2013
Pros: good pay structure, good training for the future.
Cons: long hours
Typical day at work involves interaction with operating room staff and members of the sterile processing team as well as many different vendors. The interaction that I have with management, co-workers, operating room staff and vendors is a great experience.

It is difficult since the hours worked are tremendous and the days tend to blur together but – more... it does create an opportunity for someone to do grow within the organization and prepare for the next step; whether it is within the company or with another company.

The most enjoyable part for me is that I get the feeling that what I am doing is really helping the patients more than anything else and it gives me the feeling of that I am learning and growing each day. – less

Neli – May 16, 2013

Seem like the only high stars are from the management not the employees. IMS I Might Say Job Sucks

A fast paced work environment, with little support, and high employee turnover.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), Augusta, GAApril 20, 2013
Cons: good workers leave, mediocrity is rewarded.
if you work hard and do a good job, you do not get rewarded. If you do nothing and complain, you get promoted.
This is a good place to work
Corporate Support (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 19, 2013
Pros: can use company time at work out facility, prayer room at lab
I have been here 5+ years in the corporate office. Casual, easy-going atmosphere. The work here is interesting and you are allowed to have a sense of humor.
Progressive with opportunity for advancement
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 18, 2013
Pros: game changers, innovative, upward mobility
Cons: fast paced, stress of patient care environment
I found IMS to be a progressive company related to my other jobs in the health care industry. They are innovative and change agents with regard to process improvement and best practices. Not everyone will appreciate this.

If you have high energy, are eager to learn and cater to customers and their patients, IMS is a great place to grow and call home. – more... Advancement is there for those willing to step up and work for it.

If you are content with the status quo and just looking to collect a pay check, IMS may not be the best place for you.

Great company, but not for everyone. Do your research. – less
Hard work not rewarded
Technician (Former Employee), Kingsport,tnMarch 1, 2013
Cons: threatens employees, inadequate staffing, etc
Horrible place to work. Have no respect for facility. Threaten to take rest breaks if do not meet certain tray per hour productivity. All about the numbers. Inadequate staffing. Boosts can fly in travelers in two days notice, turns out it is weeks. Does not value employees. Pays new comers high when in a pinch, but then starts other out at little more – more... than minimum wage. Should be listed as manual labor job and paid accordingly. – less

Neli – May 16, 2013

When going for a job, and you worked for IMS, you may not get hired, its something about IMS that you may have a hard time finding a job.

Not really a great place to work but a grat place to learn
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2012
Pros: flexiable
Cons: overtime
You may work anywhere within the department, thats good for learning,

How to do instrument trays

Under new management subject to get fired for no reason

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the people, jealous people.

The most enjoyable is working and getting paid
Productive work place
Sterile Processing Tech (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: job is not transferable
The supervisors always answered my questions in a timely manner
I give the company a moderate review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTAugust 12, 2012
Pros: breaks, company party at christmas
Cons: short lunches, under staffed, no raises in 2 years
I enjoy working for the company, and have gained a lot of experience. Every day has been challenging and I continue to learn every day. I have been treated well and feel appreciated for the work I do, however I feel advancement is not available and need a change.
Workplace and management less to be desired
Lead Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Augusta,GAFebruary 29, 2012
Pros: relationships formed with staff
Cons: low pay rate
The job has very low pay for the work that you do. They pay a little above minimum wage but in comparison to other hospitals in the area it is the lowest paying. Also management doesn't seem to care about their employees. If you just want a job to make some money and have tough skin then the job is for you. If you want a career then look else where.
Great professional culture
Marketing Coordinator / Field CSR (Former Employee), Birmingham, AL / Lexington, KYJanuary 18, 2012
Awesome place to start and advance in career. Learning curve of the charts!

About Integrated Medical Systems

IMS was originally founded as a surgical instrument repair provider. Fast-forward 20-plus years and IMS now touches virtually – Read more