Do you want to join a startup company from ground level and help it grow? Are you interested in creating a solution that is effective to our user base? Do you like to work in a team and enjoy the push-pull of differing opinions in an amicable environment? Do you enjoy a flexible schedule? We need your help!
We have a new company in the defense sector making software products and services. We just completed our first contract and are starting 2 new. We are looking for strong resources willing to work in a start-up culture environment.
We are seeking multiple candidates to work collaboratively with a diverse team of software developers, engineers, and system administrators in a fast paced environment to evolve a mission critical intelligence system. The Software Engineer must have experience with the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) using an agile methodology (Scrum) and have demonstrable skill executing engineering processes to include requirements gathering, design, build, test, delivery, integration and tuning. Must be knowledgeable and stay current with .NET technologies and be comfortable mentoring the team on elegant and efficient coding techniques. The candidate must demonstrate a high degree of problem solving ability and be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form.
The Software Engineer performs systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of a very complex application that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills. He/she is responsible for designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Participates in all phases of system development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing and acceptance phases (IV&V and DT&E) using Scrum. Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solution. Prepares and delivers presentations and briefings as required. Acts as highest-level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms in collaboration with other team members. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- The Software Engineer will be a member of a development team building, deploying and maintaining Microsoft-based systems.
- The Software Engineer must be capable of managing and executing the full software development lifecycle with limited supervision using an agile methodology.
- Recommend design changes and/or enhancements to the system; develop designs and document them using the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Mentor junior teammates in an effort to develop these individuals into well-rounded technologists.
- Must be comfortable interfacing with the customer, articulating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, software engineering, information systems, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline
- Minimum 5 years software engineering experience utilizing a software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrates experience with C# .NET, .NET Framework 3.5, 4.0..
- Demonstrates experience with the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE.
- Demonstrates experience with relational databases, including Microsoft SQL Server.
- Demonstrates experience with model driven development (UML).
- Demonstrates experience with Test Driven Development and Unit Testing.
- Demonstrates experience with Agile/Scrum and Iterative/Waterfall process models.
- Should have experience with technical and high level communication with stakeholders, including presentations design discussions.
- Should be detail oriented, possess good verbal and written communications skills, and be a self-starter.
- No clearance required on interview, but must be able to acquire and maintain a minimum Secret Clearance.
- Cloud based back-end, hadoop clusters, map reduce, graphic processing unit
- Graph database technology and RDF stores
- Google Earth and geospatial technologies
- Experience with web based development, including ASP.NET WebForms or MVC.
- Competitive salary ranges based on skills, experience and education
- 401K matching up to 5%
- Healthcare, Vision, Dental Options
- Flexible work schedule and periodic work from home
- Casual work environment in start-up culture
Integrated Modern Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard -