Integrated Regional Laboratories Employee Reviews

No ping pong table, on the road not in office
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 1, 2016
Preparing vehicle for specimen pick-up, dry ice containers for each type of specimen. I learned to be extremely detailed on the job. Management addressed needs of employees. My co-workers were willing to help and assist in any way possible to get the job done. The job was easy and for the most part not hard. Knowing the people I worked with and getting to see them on a daily basis.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very busy and serious environment
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 7, 2017
On a daily basis we had to speak with hospitals, nursing homes and facilities to forward lab results. What I did not appreciate was the environment that they had created. Only spoke Spanish and management was ok with this. They did not know that I fully spoke and understood Spanish and when they spoke ill of me I confronted the employee and he could not believe it.
Worse place to work
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 6, 2017
They overwork you for little pay. There's a lot of racism and discrimination. Many people are evil and seeking to get you trouble or fired.
Irl day
Internal Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Conduct Audits with new and at risk accounts, I Assist Clients and Hospitals in regards to our lab services. I've learned a lot about the laboratory environment. I have worked on my own projects for 3 years now and meet my deadlines. The hardest part about this job is that changes happen at times without notification. The most enjoyable part about my job is working with great people.
Would not recommend at this time
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  IRL West Division, Largo, FLJune 6, 2015
No patient first mentality
Poor turn around times
Sloppy work (poor staining, positive controls are negative, often only half the case makes it to the pathologist, several cases have been completely lost, tracking is difficult and time consuming, etc.)
Severe Personnel Shortages ignored
No coverage for vacations
Vacations ( more than a 1 or 2 day) are being denied until fully staffed can't get fully staffed due to hours of shifts people don't want to work second and third shifts
unfriendly culture (dog eat dog)
Bullied into ignoring all the above issues
Management constantly states there are no issues that all is running fine
Lab is free for all people just do what they want to and ignore timers and instrument alarms until the 1-2 people who care deal with it
Pros
Pay is good, benefits are good, some of the lab personnel are really fun
Cons
Managment will not admit there are issues so nothing will change until that realization is made.
Join a company that offers the highest standards of business ethics on the part of all employees. In return allow me to grow with the company
Oncology/pathology Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 1, 2013
Cold call target list. GI, Hem/Onc., multispecialty physicians.

Slow closing cycle (when there is a win, a loyal customer is developed) patience and persistence

Management- very fortuante, I am left alone and am the CEO of my territory

In the diagnostic industy a lot of hands are touching specimens. I sometime worry too much and tend to track all my specimens and make sure the physician receives his/her report

Oncology, science learning from my mistakes and understanding my market
Pros
CEO
Cons
No car allowance, minimal commission
Fun place to work
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 14, 2012
Put the patient matters as his is one of your love ones.Be efficient and secure reporting test results.
I learned the clinical chemistry testing correctly so I feel confident working on that area.
The management needs more improvement .
I liked my co-workers.Everybody has different personalities,but I myself try my best to get along with all.
The hardest part of the job is when I have to call for critical results and the patient had died already.
The most enjoyable part of the job was each day I worked day.Thanksgiving celebration to the employees was great.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no complaints
productive
Histotechnician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 21, 2015
The lab is a very busy assembly line type of place. It is fast paced and serious about quality and turn around time. Everyone is professional and knows what is demanded of themselves. If the supervisor or manager is not there for a moment, the lab runs as normal without conflict as it always does. The company has a great culture and provides lots of opportunity.
Pros
great pay, friendly people, great culture
Worst Lab to work.
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/AAugust 22, 2013
Management is very unfair. No one is committed to excellence. They do not care about the patients or the clients. The staff works from how they feel about each other than work to ensure that the patient has good health.
Pros
It's a relaxed environment therefore you can get away with murder.
Cons
Be careful whom you associate with because they may stab you in the back.
Tipical day at work
Lab Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 19, 2015
Processing specimen all night it is great. I love working for the Laboratory it comes natural. The things you can learn working in a Core Lab are important as where you can take you knowledge anywhere else. There are new a different people working with me and it is exciting. I also have a lot of Client Service questions to answer because of being in Processing.
Excellent laboratory facility!!
Histology Intern (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLNovember 27, 2012
IRL is a great place to get fast-paced, high turnaround work experience. The lab is open 24 hours per day and 6 days per week. The staff generally stays with the company for several years before leaving. IRL has an excellent 401K match program!
Very flexible
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company as they were flexible with my schedule which allowed me to attend school at the same time I was working for this company.
Mission Driven
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 17, 2013
Mission Driven organization, high tech, high volume, and a great idea. Faces some tough competition in the marketplace.
Pros
decent location, great people
Cons
part of a larger company, still trying to compete
productive
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 24, 2014
I liked this company but I had to go on maternity leave so I had to also resign
productive fun place to work
Lab Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 20, 2013
very flexibl, very friendly atmosphere everyone is a team player
Sucks
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FloridaSeptember 2, 2013
I have been employed at IRL for almost Four years. They are abusive, belitering, and just plain awful .
Pros
Cons
many
Very productive place.
Histotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 30, 2014
Good team work.
Good relation between co-workers.
High volume of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Integrated Regional Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

Integrated Regional Laboratories Reviews by Location