Provide exceptional service and loan management for all loans from lock to funding. Work as a team with sales, underwriting, funding and management to ensure the loans in your pipeline are being processed with attention to detail, accuracy, and within compliance of RESPA. Must have a solid knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC, VA and FHA guidelines and have 5 + years recent processing experience.
- Product Knowledge-Responsible for a working knowledge and understanding of investor guidelines, including but not limited to investor and MI overlays, government loan guidelines and processes. Ability to navigate through investor and government websites to find answers to specific questions. Must have knowledge of escrow and title procedures and requirements. Must have the ability to navigate DO and investor underwriting systems. Must have the ability to read and review appraisals and tax returns.
- Maintain pipeline-Responsible for ensuring top rate service, exemplary communication, high quality submissions, efficient processes and accuracy. This includes meeting with loan officers on a daily basis, answering questions in a timely manner and resolutions to problem loans.
- Pipeline Management-Responsible for ensuring loans move through the pipeline according to time frames put in place internally or dictated by investors. Ensure each pipeline report is worked efficiently. Ensure loans are worked based on lock expiration.
- Effective Communication-Must have a strong ability to communicate effectively with sales, investors, lenders, borrowers, escrow and title. Must have exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem Resolution-Responsible for finding solutions to problems with the ability to find creative and acceptable solutions for restructuring loans. Ability to analyze and explain conditions to sales staff. Knowledge and ability to find acceptable alternative documentation to satisfy conditions when necessary.
- Follow Through-Must provide acceptable follow through on questions and concerns. Items escalated to management due to lack of follow through will be documented and addressed as needed.
- Quality Control-Responsible for ensuring loans are in compliance with government and investor regulations. HMDA, GFE, VA, FHA FNMA/FHLMC etc. Files to be maintained in a neat, professional systematized manner according to stacking order and received minimal exceptions in any investor audits, investor scorecards or through Quality Control.
$45,000-$60,000 based on experience with bonus possibilities
- Hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Reports directly to Operations Manager
- Positive and professional attitude and must have the companies highest and best interest at all times.
- Provide outstanding customer service , work well under pressure, and be a team player
- Must interact well with all co-workers, investors, clients, title, escrow etc.
- Must be open to constructive criticism
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Integrity First Financial Group is ranked the 3rd largest mortgage company in San Diego and was #215 on the Inc. 500 List in 2011. We are a growing company in need of a great new underwriter to join our amazing team! Our perfect candidate will provide quality underwriting of residential mortgage applications originated through our multiple business channels. This individual will be responsible for evaluating the credit and property documentation on loan files so that appropriate decisions are made as to the acceptability of the investment risk. He or she will maintain a daily workload as needed to ensure prompt turnaround time as dictated by management. Our candidate will approve, decline, or suspend loans based on investor requirements and guidelines. With those requirements in mind, you will evaluate the risk of residential mortgage loans on a timely basis and issue a sound underwriting decision. Each decision will be measured based on company quality control plans and investor/regulatory compliance.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Founding partners Alex Barnett, Anthony Balsamo and Trevor Gates came together in 2006 with a simple vision in mind: To build a direct...