The software engineer will design, code and test applications for embedded systems in C++.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, code, and test applications for embedded systems in C++ and C.
- Write test scripts for production equipment to help verify bug free software that's in route to customers
- Lead or participate in software design reviews, identification of code metrics, and software reliability analysis studies
- Primary focus in this role will be to improve existing software documentation while incorporating new automated test methods
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor degree in software, computer or electrical engineering
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years experience in software application development in C++ and C
- Must have detailed understanding of software test procedures and best of class documentation methods
- Must have hands-on experience in software test script development
- Fundamental understanding of real time operating systems
- Demonstrated experience in an environment using embedded system software development tools
- Detailed knowledge of industrial networks, CAN and ProfiNet preferred
- Familiar with front end graphical user interface design and touch screen requirements
- Some experience working with databases is required
- Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and industrial controls
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Good written and oral communication skills.