Integrys Energy Group Employee Reviews in United States

Striving to be a better reprentative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  CHARLOTTE NCJuly 18, 2015
A typical day at work is not knowing what to expect from the customer. I learn on a daily basis how to deal with certain customers. I get along well with my co workers and management. Making sure at the end of the call the customer is somewhat satisfied.The most enjoyable part of the day is when I have a happy customer leaving the phone line.
A small IT department with many seasoned individuals
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 15, 2015
The team I worked with was quite professional but at the time there were a number of key staff turn-overs that left the programme development and support struggling with the workload. My tenure was short as I disliked the commute from Houston to Green Bay where the company was headquartered.
Pros
good benefits including stock purchase
Teg
Manager, Competitive Excellence (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2015
I learned a lot at Integrys Energy Group and was given many opportunities to advance my career. Depending on what department you work in, there was more flexibility than others, which for me, is a important benefit.
Many great years with this organization
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago LoopSeptember 10, 2012
Many changes during my 18 years. Underwent transition from traditional utility to more competitive market and regulatory environment.
Pros
great benefits and work/life balance
Cons
increased travel to green bay
Used to be great place, not so much anymore
loyal fool (Former Employee) –  Green BayDecember 1, 2012
Worked there for two decades. After the merger it became just another cold large corporation. Job security is based on the bottom line. Some of the old managers who are still around are decent people but they can't wait to escape and make it to full retirement. The corporate ethics are superficial and empty rhetoric. If you are female and minority you can use that for affirmative action leverage at this place. It's an old boys club with some token female leaders strategically placed. Watch your back. Psycho divas lurk about. Poseurs’ can flourish in the right department.
Pros
your 6 x 6 cubical is cozy
Cons
integrity is just a word
Good Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2015
I enjoyed the volunteer events in the various communities in reference to LIHEAP and other low income hardship. Overtime available if needed.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Strict on attendance
Very busy and professional workplace
Customer service Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 12, 2014
I assist customers with their utility bills and help customers better understand their bills and set up payment arrangements. It is a professional workplace and enjoy my job.
Pros
raises, bonus, helping people
Cons
n/a
Great Co. to work for if you can get hired full time ,
Temp (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 8, 2012
Operation Apprentice - Temp . Perform all tasks as assigned and allowed by the local bargaining units memorandum of understanding. Gained experience in retirement of gas mains, retirement of services to properties, valve key clean outs, AMRP related tasks, anode installation, meter and service installations, new gas main tie in, replacement of underground defective fittings, purging new main, operation of various tools and instruments associated in the gas trade, location of gas company asset for residential, commercial customers and contractors. Preform inside safety inspections, maintenance of yard, assist in stock deliveries, observation of critical asset main while contractor maneuvering around, assist Time Keeper with material for day of assignment. Physical duties of digging, lifting, retrieving, loading, all duties related to daily job goals. Attend safety and job related courses Temporary Employee over one year . Great people to work with both union and management side. Worked very hard (digging lifting etc), never missed work, learned many street tasks in the gas industry, educated with a BS degree.
Pros
hope for permanet work but only hope need to know people
Cons
no benefits for temp employee no guarantee of permanent work here, must pay union dues, and do demeaning task of garbage picking around yard, setting up catering for meetings .
Very productive place of business
Senior Emergency customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2015
I learned how to carry many things at once. The managers are very understanding and caring. It can get very busy on the weekends.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
short staffed
A great place to work learn and grow
IT support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago IlJune 23, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Integrys,I worked at the IT helpdesk doing IT support for in house and field workers. There was never a boring minute and the team I was with I will miss very much.
Great People
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 2, 2015
Great place to work, awesome people. New Ideas are encouraged. No room to grow from remote offices. Management seems a bit heavy in the middle.
Productive and fun place to work
Associate Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2014
Integrys Energy employees work hard at helping the corporation maintain a customer driven business. There is room for balancing work and family.
Pros
there are always fun activities to promote having fun while working on company mission, goals, and values.
Motivational atmosphere
Customer Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2015
I really like my job. Over time it became repetitive and you want something more than just the money. I appreciate the experience and has learned a lot.
Pros
Free lunch
Windows 7 Deployment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2014
Technical lead for the Windows XP to Windows 7 upgrades project to include 6000 desktop and laptops. And team lead for the Windows XP to Windows 7 upgrade project for the tough book deployment to mobile technician vehicles.

• Update and manage daily workflow of customer problems with electronic ticket database program.
• Performs hardware diagnostics and coordinates repairs.
•Configure and deploy Chameleon modems for mobile WIFI connections.
An interesting Plant with many sites, many learning experiences
Stockroom Laborer (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIJanuary 12, 2015
Working at Integrys was a great experience. As a stockroom laborer I took pictures of inventory and various items. In addition, there were side tasks which often took from a few hours to a couple days.
Pros
friendly and helpful co-workers
No potential Growth
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2014
The pay is about average, benefits are a little expensive. If you are looking for a job where you can grow not the place
employees work together well
Senior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Ill.August 24, 2012
flexable work schedule, co-workers are there to help if needed, management very easy to talk with if problems come up..
I enjoy my career and the challenges that come with it.
Senior Counsel (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 20, 2015
For the past 13 years I have been an in-house attorney practicing law in the energy sector. I truly enjoy going to work each and every day and facing the challenges that come with being in this line of work.
Interesting and Productive Environment
Operations Specialist (Field Service Planning) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2013
This is the 2nd Major Utility I've worked for and I'm truly excited about learning more about this industry.
Pros
people, new environment, growth opportunites
Cons
driving in chicago rush hour traffic.
Good
Supervisor Pipeline Integrity (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IlJuly 19, 2014
There are many story I can tell. I enjoyed the company of my coworker. I have gained great of knowledge.