Intel

Intel Employer Reviews

A truly great place to work.
Electrical Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 15, 2014
A terrific career path with excellent benefits and work/life balance.
Learned alot.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits, always a challenge.
Cons: too many managers/bosses.
I worked as a production operator in many areas and liked all my jobs. I liked the challenges the company offered. The culture and management seemed to change a lot in the 10+ years I worked there.
Computer Technician III (Former Employee), Hillsboro OROctober 14, 2014
Nice people, great work environment. Great cafeteria for breakfast and lunch. Plenty of work tools and help.
Manufacturing and perks
MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free fountain drinks, coffee, tea and fresh fruit, long weekends/days off
Cons: long 12 hour shifts
I worked 12 hour night shift. The beginning of each night we had passdown of toolset statuses and plan of action for the shift from previous day shift. We would split up assignments among workers and go to work from there. There was good rapport within our team and also got along well with all persons of shift.
Engineering support for toolset health – more... was good but needed 24 onsite support which did not exist. They did have on-call engineering support when needed but there were holes that existed in this system.
Management was OK, almost too many management layers, IMO.
I feel there wasn't a hard part of the job other than the long shift on the fourth shift in a row.
The camaraderie among the workers was the most enjoyable part of working there. – less
Stable, solid company
Tax Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAOctober 14, 2014
Good place to work, with smart people and reasonably good work/life balance.
A great company with amazing benefits
Project Coordinator Tool Install/Qual (Current Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 14, 2014
Intel is a great company with amazing benefits. Unfortunately, they've built a safety culture that has grown entirely out of hand. Overall, my experience with Intel has been great.
GPTW
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), ArizonaOctober 11, 2014
Pros: work like it should be.
Cons: some people are wasting space
Great Place To Work. This place is a great representation of how a company should run. I rarely run into situations that don't make sense. Plenty of room to grow here. Coworkers are great, some are better than others.
As an MT your days can be monotonous... talk to the off-going shift, do maintenance, do operations, talk to the oncoming shift, repeat.
Exciting, leading edge technology. Excellent teamwork environment
Product engineering manager (Former Employee), Folsom, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: working on products that change the world, employee bonus
Cons: high pressure, hard to disconnect and not bring work home
There are always new challenges to solve. Provides detailed knowledge of outstanding new technology and manufacturing processes. management style allows independent thinking to creative innovative new solutions. Great group of very sharp people to work with that know how to work together to get results. I enjoyed leading a team of technically skilled – more... individuals and providing the vision to direct their efforts. It's sometimes difficult to turn off work and relax on vacations as there is always the urge to check emails since the projects never take a break. There's great satisfaction in seeing new ideas come into being an change the way we do our work in a positive way. – less
Top notch employer.
Metrology Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Hudson, MAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: many company perks such as parties, break rooms, much more.
Cons: must endure 12 hour shifts.
All around great. Self drive and motivation will benefit your career. Management expertise in Semiconductor Manufacturing activities varied. Excellent Engineers.
Not a bad place to work
Metrology team member (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 9, 2014
Intel was a very good company before the founders were no longer in charge.After that the employeesdidnot seem to matter any more.
Great Company
Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJOctober 8, 2014
I enjoyed working for Intel. Fun place to work in. Technology is ahead of the rest.
always learning new platforms
Engineering Services Technician - IOTG/DCG/PSV (Former Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free coffee and soda
Cons: reduction in department headcount
great place. Supportive of military and veterans. Management in touch. Co-workers easy to get along with. Great team members.
I work hard and would appriciate more of a life balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 6, 2014
Pros: lunches are great
Cons: no life balance
I enjoy my job even working a mandatory 48 hours a week. I really like my manager and I think he really does support the team.

I think the hardest part about my job is getting out of work @ 4:30 and driving for 2 1/2 hours home in rush hour traffic.

The most enjoyable part about my job is that I get to implement new ideas and watch them work. It is – more... encouraged to bring new ideas to the table. – less
Hypercompetitive
Systems and Data Analyst (Current Employee), Folsom, CAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: highly technical, prestigous, flexible, consistent
Cons: culture, poor managment, poor leadership
In this position, the company puts teammate against teammate for promotion and salary increase. This hyper-competitive environment lends itself to disloyalty and poor team dynamics. It's an amazing place to work with world class technology and engineers.
Demanding, but with fair compensation
Building Information Modeling System Analyst (Former Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 4, 2014
Pros: nice facilities, free fruit and beverages, onsite health clinic, gym.
Cons: subject to expansion and contraction, no recognition of seniority.
Like any organization, Intel is a collection of people with individual talents and capabilities. Corporate culture is very results based. Cyclic expansion followed by cost cutting.
Good group of people to work with
Client Support Tech Specialist (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 3, 2014
Provided customer support of all equipment in a group of 150 people and over 400 systems. Also responsible for coordination, scheduling and maintaining a functional Lab, which includes the network, and / or configuration of machines that exist on that network.

• Moved whole group from leased building into new building, had to fit up new building from – more... scratch.
• Maintained administration of servers for data and access and kept all applicable applications up to date. – less
The most outstanding company I have ever had the pleasure to work within.
Mfg Group Leader (Current Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 1, 2014
Pros: leading edge technology company, professional working environment from the top down to the shiftly production workers, exemplary integrity in how the business is run, top tier total compensation and benefits packages, corporate role models in manufacturing safety, efficiency and quality execution
Cons: there are no cons. my desire to leave is for personal family reasons.
I have held several different leadership/management positions within the Intel Chandler, AZ (Ocotillo) campus. Intel has three large manufacturing facilities on this campus ranging in size from 200,000 to 300,000 square feet of Mfg floor space. I have worked in all three facilities at different times throughout my 17 year career based upon which technology – more... was being produced in which facility and where I was requested to work. Intel utilizes the three facilities to rotate technologies as they advance to each new technology. The facility which was manufacturing the oldest of the three technologies will eventually become retrofitted when it is its turn to bring on the newest technology. Personnel on campus typically rotate with technologies to keep the skill sets balanced or they move to where critically needed.

My typical work day is logging into work from home before going to work to check all our automated production indicators for a current status on the factory and my department. Upon arrival at work I meet with the off-going area Group Leader for any specific details, questions I might have, help needed he needs from me, issues not readily understood from the indicators, anything I need to anticipate for my shift. After this we meet with his team and my team in the factory for any safety updates, any process related issues, a machine-by-machine passdown status and any generic updates. After his team departs the factory my team and I stay back to establish work priorities for the night and any non-work related issues I need to address before I release them to the factory floor to begin working.

After releasing the team to work I attend a shiftly Tactical Operations Meeting where all group leaders from all areas meet with the Captain of the Ship to review all factory indicators, share information, update the Captain on any anticipated capacity gaps for the shift and meet with peers in other areas for any help needed. I was previously the Captain of the Ship for the previous technology so I am fully aware of the role of the Captain. I voluntarily chose to leave the administrative Captain role and return to the factory floor as an area Group Leader when requested by the management team of that area. My primary decision driver was to move to the latest technology rather than stay within the legacy technology as a Captain.

My most enjoyable part of the job is the day to day interacting with my direct reports, peer managers, engineering teams and my managers as we solve problems.

The hardest part of my job is my current schedule. I currently work the night shift, 6pm to 6am Saturday through Tuesday. Due to a lack of experienced manufacturing management persons willing to work the night shift schedule I was requested to fill this need within my current department. I was aware of this need because I was previously on the team building our department operational readiness plans and internal systems as we prepared to introduce the next generation of process technology. I knew we had a gap in experienced managers for the two night shifts. I fully expected our factory management team to request me to work this schedule because they and I knew my life schedule was flexible enough to accommodate this schedule. If I were them I would have also asked me to move to this role. This is not a complaint nor is it an indictment of any management decisions. This is not the reason for my desire to leave Intel. Night shift personnel receive a 16% shift differential in their pay, including salaried managers. Thus I am well compensated. If you want me to identify the hardest part of my job, this would be it.

My resume should incorporate any additional items beyond my current role within Intel. – less
Fun place to work
FPGA Design Contractor (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORSeptember 30, 2014
A great place to work. Eye on commitment and quality. Great benefits. Flexible work schedule.
Good company
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee), Folsom, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: a lot of opportunities to learn new tech
Cons: too busy
Intel is a good company where there are a lot of challenge tasks working at intel. Of course too big could mean less opportunity for me to show off my personal skills
loved professional and personal work life balance
Tech Lead & Individual contributor (Current Employee), FOLSOM CASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: games room to over come pressure
Cons: health care
Working as a contractor.
Typical 8 hours a day work with good productivity.
learnt a lot on professional front with respect to intel architecture and their good employee friendly policies.
Great place to work with friendly and supportive co-workers.
Best part of it is given opportunity to prove your self in technical front.

1 2 3 4 5

About Intel

There's more inside ​Intel​ than you ever imagined. We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have – Read more