Intel Employee Reviews

Found 1,830 reviews matching the search
Strong Company
Sr. Strategic Marketing & Product Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 29, 2017
Hi-paced environment with lots of benefits to compensate. Work-life balance was highly encouraged. Leading edge technology and mindset for the culture.
A very dynamic environment
Self Sustaining Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 28, 2017
It was a fun place to work. I learned a lot about myself through the tasks that needed to be performed in process and maintenance.

It was through this work I discovered that I had strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities. The internal on-line classes helped me to expand on those strengths.

The work was varied and my co-workers amazing!
Large semiconductor manufacturer with great workplace culture.
Owner of all material recipe tables (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMay 27, 2017
Intel is a company that truly cares about their employees. The work/life balance is second to none. They pay their employees at the top of the industry range. Upward growth and development is greatly encouraged and opportunities to do so are often available.
Pros
culture, compensation, environment
Cons
24/7, 12 hour shifts on compressed work weeks.
work and life well balanced
Global Business Operation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 25, 2017
overall work/life well balance, depending on your job and your manager though.
program called great place to work has variety of individual activities to volunteer to help other and learn new things. Free drinks and fruits at cafe.
somewhat flexible to move to other job within the company.
nice place to work, good company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 24, 2017
good place to work, nice enviroment, safety is always priority, good training and training materials are up to date. tools are modern and easy to operate. supervisors are always supportive. they adapt to diversity of workers and respect each others ethnicity, enjoyable to work because of the good enviroment and good co worker.
Pros
free coffee, soda and fruits
Lack of understanding the business needs
Lead, Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 24, 2017
A company without a proper view of the future needs. In a time when mobility and mobile devices are a must, the emphasis and the efforts were directed towards old desktop and server business.
Lack of communication and share in between groups. Unhealthy internal competition, lacking skills, doubling and overlapping the efforts.
Pros
Free coffee and fruits
company values are good
Senior Risk & Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  confidentialMay 23, 2017
company values are good, products and solutions have a great value added which makes you quite proud but the employees evaluation process is terrible.
Pros
added value products
Cons
poor evaluation process
Cutting Edge Technology with Fast-paced Environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 23, 2017
Intel is a constantly changing and growing company. Great benefits and compensation while hours are tough. Great managers who are very dedicated. There is a lot of movement in teams because of the fast-paced environment.
Simply a great place to work
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 23, 2017
Intel is a great place to work, Intel cares about their employees and it comes through each and every day. The offices are set up to encourage collaboration which is very helpful.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Depressing place to work as the company was continually downsizing
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMay 22, 2017
Intel NM has very good working hours flexibility with acceptable holiday and vacation policy. Management at Intel varies depending on who your boss is but in most cases they are supportive of what new skills you would like to obtain, ie. green belt certification.
The culture at Intel is extremely safety conscious. The hardest part of the job was the gloom and doom of a downsizing factory, but it also provided a very good severance package
Pros
free sodas, coffee and fruit
Cons
no future, staying at this location
Awesome place to work with lots of people to help you if you become stuck.
TCS CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 22, 2017
Very cool and fun place to work, everyone is super nice and helpful, and their employee support for troubleshooting is fast and easy. Jones farm campus is awesome with great staff and food.
Cons
30 min drive if you live in beaverton
Fun and hectic sometimes.
Engineering Technician V (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 22, 2017
A typical day at work was fun, sometimes it's slow and easy going , sometimes hectic due to many sudden requests from manager and engineers from within my group to external.
Great internship experience
Lab Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 21, 2017
Great experience, great management and culture. Didn't spend a lot of time with the company but from what I did it seems like it would be a great place to be full-time.
Productive and fun some times
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 19, 2017
I liked do the preventive maintenance on the machines that I was assigned to work on. The hardest part of the job was to make sure that you were following procedures.
Pros
3 day on 4 days off.
Cons
To many chiefs.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Partner (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 18, 2017
Working at Intel was innovative and creative place to work. All of the staff were great to work with and were as helpful as they could be, you just have to figure things out for yourself.
Pros
Great lunch prices
Cons
Personl Touch is gone
Productive day at work
System Server Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 18, 2017
Set up logs to work on for the day.
Check PFA list for systems need repair or troubleshooting.
Repair servers manually or ticket out for Vendors to fix.
Set up configurations after repairs, OS installs and IP addresses, drives.
Extremely Productive and fun
Summer Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 18, 2017
My role was in the field of finance. I was assigned to a special project which is confidential. My typical day involved researching about the product to gain familiarity.
Ultimately, made recommendations on how to make the produst market worthy
Intel was okay
Business & Process Improvement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 17, 2017
I was pleased to work for Intel. I do not think that my experience was within the right group where I could flourish. Very bright individuals throughout the company. Job security is always a worry at Intel with the changing markets and technology.
Formerly great company being led to demise.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WAMay 17, 2017
When I started people talked about the "good old days" when the company was good to it's people and compensated them well for the occasionally excessive time and effort they put in. When i started I thought it was just selective memory of the good times.

As my career continued, I found myself looking more fondly at the company of old, as opposed to what the company was being morphed into. The expectations were raised, the pay was not. The entire management structure seemed to be starting to blow on whatever the newest management craze was, with great neglect to what made the company great, what made the company money, and how the changes would effect the workforce. The people attempting to do great things became mired in politics, meetings, nepotism and favoritism. By the time I left, I yearned for the CEO's I had started with, and when doing good work, and having great ideas was rewarded, instead of being rewarded for sucking up to the right person.

In terms of my day to day job, it was fun, and initially technically challenging and enjoyable. There was much to learn and be shared. Anyone wishing to climb could, with some effort put in on their part. When my time was over, the company seemed to want robots in all parts of the company, doing the same thing everyday, not asking questions, or giving feedback.
Pros
Intelligent Coworkers and Mentors, Free soda, Pool tables.
Cons
Management, Red Tape, Desired Uniformity and Conformity in R&D
Fun company
PC Tech/Help Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 16, 2017
This was my first real company I ever worked for when I was 21. I love intel.... I love computers, I'm a computer engineer... I would highly recommend intel!
Pros
Great company, Fun, Wonderful people!