Intel Employee Reviews

Found 1,494 reviews matching the search
Great grotwth and learning
Product Development Q&R Engineer (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 10, 2016
The culture is based on productivity and growth. There is expectation to not stagnate and continue to get to the next job level. Productivity and team work were rewarded. There was a great training organization were work and interpersonal skills were learned.
your co-workers and work experience
Component Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2016
Both awful, and some ok too.mentoring not so good. good opportunities to self learn and grow. good compensation & benefits.
overall good. frequent re-orgs.
Great place for a new hire
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MASeptember 7, 2016
You get on the ground floor of some cutting edge technology.

Mid career or older engineers are eventually persuaded out.

Great co-workers. Poor management decisions
Pros
Cutting edge technology
Cons
not a place for older engineers
Challenging, fast paced, results focused, community conscious
Engineering Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 7, 2016
Over my 21+ years at Intel, I've experienced a wide range of opportunities, challenges, rewards and occasionally frustrations.
I think the biggest challenge for Intel is to be nimble enough for new business while maintaining current business.

I've worked with some very good people on a variety of interesting projects and in various roles. There are more employee support programs recently, such as fitness centers, Health for Life programs and on-site services like dry cleaning.

Globalization and multi-site virtual teams often require people to worked extended hours.
Pros
Well recognized company/brand, good benefits, talented employees, various perks such as corporate discounts
Cons
US employees (in particular) may have work extended hours to interface with global teams
too old fashioned
DIRECTOR/SENIOR ENGINEERING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 6, 2016
too old fashioned. entire mgmt and middle mgmt needs to be changed. lot of politics and no risk taking. no encouragement for new thinking and no encouragement for bold initiative.
Intel
Research & Development Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 6, 2016
start of by streching i learn various training courses management was really helpful co workers where friendly i liked going to work because of the work enviorment.
Excellent Work Life Balance
Global Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 6, 2016
Intel is a very flexible company, but it has become increasingly more difficult to initiate change. New ideas can take over a year to implement. Daily tasks can be found relentless, monotonous and tiring. That being said, I have seen some amazing developments and areas of change within the company. Intel is on the right track to new success, I just believe that sometimes Intel is too big for their own good.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home
Cons
Peak work hours might be outside of the normal 8-5.
Productive fun workplace
Senior Systems Analyst - Design Lead (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 6, 2016
great place to work. many opportunities to learn new skills. Provided several growth opportunities. I enjoyed my time working there and woudl recommend it.
Competitive and challenging, old school
Program Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2016
Intel was a good company to work for with great compensation, benefits, etc. I had a lot of flexibility in my work and enjoyed what I did for many years. Unfortunately, I dealt with job uncertainty through downsizing or restructuring every few years. In addition, there was a lot of bureaucracy that often stifled innovation and common sense decision making.
Pros
Work life balance, compensation, free refreshments
Cons
Little stability and security, bureaucracy, slow moving, too many decision makers, too many layers
great place to work
Quality and Reliability Lab Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 5, 2016
Great people and projects. Lots of opportunities to give and get feedback. Always striving to do the right thing, the first time. Has a culture of collaboration.
A chip maker
Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 3, 2016
A chip maker that develops software, too. Most of the time, there's either too much or too little work to do. Has good cafeteria food. There's a lot of blue and white. Cubicles are getting shorter.
many incentives for employers, gym, table tennis, decent breaks
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  HillsboroSeptember 1, 2016
Awesome company to work for, really make you feel like you are part of a team. Great treatment from coworkers, engineers and manager. Easy to climb career ladder
Pros
gym, table tennis, decent breaks
Was a pretty good job.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 31, 2016
Was mostly an ok job. At the times the atmosphere was very high stress. I was a technician paid hourly and the pay was supposedly comparable to the industry. Wage increases were low when they happened. The people I worked with and around were good people up to and including the second level managers. Don't care much for the upper level managers though.

In ranking and rating, there can be 5 above average performers. One will have to rated sub par due to company policy. It is also rumored that they like to get rid of the older experienced better paid employees to bring in less expensive newbies.
Pros
Mostly good atmosphere and benefits.
Cons
Rating ranking and politics.
Very challenging and fun
Former Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 31, 2016
You have them tell you what they need and you have to produce product period its very hard to extremely hard very enjoyable tho be a tester not a programmer. I would maybe come back
Pros
good money
Cons
lots of testing
Productive and challenging learning curve
Training Program Manager (Former Employee) –  4100 Sara Rd - RR, NM 87124August 31, 2016
interact with internal training deveopment, manage trackign systems, cerate training manual/job aids, ensure inter-departmental communication, porcess standardization/improvement, meet and reprt out on key objective status, general office correspondence,
Pros
Having autonomy to complete projects and erview them with key partners before implementation
Challenging
Cleanroom and Technology Group Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 30, 2016
Challenging, fun, Team work, data driven, fast and highly active, long hours, meeting and data analysis, positive environment. Community involvement.
Great company in world's tough times
Software Tools/Build Engineer (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 29, 2016
Good, constructive environment. Encouraged attention to work quality. I have learned new technologies and methodologies (Agile/Scrum and others). Hardest part was working/supporting multiple projects/systems at once. Most enjoyable part - constructive and friendly colleagues and generally helpful management.
Pros
Free fruits and drinks
Great Place to Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 29, 2016
Great Place to Work. Above average benefits. Their hiring is cyclic with intense hiring and layoffs. My team was great to manage.
Pros
above average benefits
Cons
cyclic in nature for hiring
Fun place to work
Curriculum Manager/Instructional Designer - Intern (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work is doing attending meetings and getting your job done. When you meet with someone, you are expected to be on time and last only as long as you scheduled it for. All the co-workers are really nice and helpful.
Pros
If you are a person that likes to think out of the box and try out a new process or theory, Intel will allow you to do that! I really liked working at Intel.
Cons
I can say that once you leave the company, they make it nearly impossible to return.
work life balance with some degree of demanding work schedule
Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 29, 2016
It really depends on which group you are working with in such big Corporate organization. Our group was sort of the bottom of the food chain. As you could imagine, most of the funding resources were not quite there regardless whatever the management was trying to address. The team I used to work for is a very diversified and everyone is a little bit different with their own character. No matter how different we are, I learned a great deal from this team and I enjoyed the teammates that I get acquainted to. Due to the fact that I am at the networking group, we beared a lot of IT costs by natrue. Therefore, we are not the most blessing children in the family for a fact. Work-life balance is always emphasized by the management, in reality, it is depending on who your manager is. Some could be very understanding, but they don't last long. They do reward people who is working hard enough in most of time. However, if you are new and a newbie. It will take a few years before you could even know your resources or the right people to work with your project. Management is pretty much focus on the number instead of actual work that is related to the individual. The last thing I heard before I left this company, they are making some changes and hopefully this will get improved.
Pros
work life balance, flexible work schedule with a lot of talented individual
Cons
too many management layers, office politic can be a bit extreme in some cases

4.2