Intel Employee Reviews

Found 1,692 reviews matching the search
You are the leader of your career!
Product & Strategy Principal (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 20, 2017
Intel is a great place to work. The people are great. You are in control of your work-life balance and career. You learn a lot about yourself and how much you can take as a person - personally and professionally. If you can work at Intel, you can work virtually anywhere. All employees I work with are top in their career and their class. You have to be on all the time. All sites of Intel have a different workplace culture. From experience, the Oregon culture is driven by gray and gloomy days. Very different from CA and AZ. The hardest part of the job is to disconnect. You can get easily wrapped up in exciting details about the project. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people your work with. They will make the difference.
Pros
Good cafeteria food and free drinks, and fruit.
Cons
In OR, always gray.
I was a blue badge and i enjoyed my position
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 20, 2017
They are an excellent company to work for they compensate you very well and the schedule day or night shift is hard to beat I would have stayed longer if life would have permitted it
In spite of some bad cultural elements, extremely bright people propel it forward.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 20, 2017
In all but Silicon Valley, Intel will be the best employer in its location. I think sometimes it gets in its own way, but there are really brilliant people there. I have lost faith in the future to some degree. I feel like the success of the company is coming from decisions made long ago, and no decisions being made now nor in the recent past are likely to bear much fruit.
cutting edge technology, great compensation
Product Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 20, 2017
Intel is a good company to work for. I think the CEO has a great vision for the company. I think as long as you are located at one of the core sites then their is tremendous opportunity for growth.
Pros
good compensation, CEO's vision, lots of little perks
Cons
no true career plan or training
Good place to get experience
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2017
Good culture. Moving around is encouraged by some management/organizations. Sometimes tough work/life balance. Management needs some more training.
Fun place to work. Lots of perks
Remote Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 17, 2017
Fun place to work. Lots of perks! Great work schedule- 3 days work get 3 off, work 4 days get 4 off. Good retirement and health bennies!
Overall OK place.
TD Senior Yield Engineer, Defect Metrology (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 16, 2017
Work/ Life balance is not quite good but overall OK to work for. Good salary/benefit. Restructuring in progress. Management totally depends on each specific team but overall not efficient at all.
Goal-Oriented Company with Great Benefits
Process Technician/Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 16, 2017
I worked 12-hour shifts, alternating three and four day work weeks. The environment was fast-paced and high-stressed, some times pretty chaotic, which I found to be fun and challenging most of the time. I was there for over 25 years, and I continued to learn new things everyday, and I had the opportunity to work with diverse groups of highly, intelligent people from all over the world. We had management teams which consisted of group leaders, who usually had engineering backgrounds. Their jobs were very demanding, and they worked with us to set company goals and maintain the safety of the employees. In my opinion, the workplace culture spoke for itself. We worked hard and played hard. I was fortunate to be on Teams with people who were like family members. Regardless of how hard a work day was, we were there to support each other without question.The hardest part of the job included the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people and meeting the challenging goals!
Pros
Great money and benefits
Cons
Obtaining advanced education due to the 12-hr work schedules
Intel does not care about you
Test R&D Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 15, 2017
Since BK took over, culture changed. Intel as a whole turned their back on the senior talent in lieu of Indian and Chinese PhD on a discount (VISA). Those 35 years and older have no chance at the company any longer due to age discrimination. Those who had loyalty is now lost it due to the disrespect from upper management. Middle management doing their best to keep you excited about the effort or sacrifice you give to the job.
Pros
Bonuses and great people to work with, not for.
Cons
Poor Executive Management and poor decision making
Great pay
Lead Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 15, 2017
They pay on a national scale so it is good in lower cost areas. They do not care about engineers and treat them as pieces of capital equipment. Projects and areas of assignment are available only when you are finishing your current assignment.
Work, eat, breath Intel
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 14, 2017
Your life is Intel's, it is work-work balance, not work-life balance. Even when you put in 80 hours a week it was not acknowledged or appreciated by management.
very fun
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  NMFebruary 13, 2017
work is very good envioriurment
good goals
they care
company picnic
close employee enviourment
outside activities
base ball games and football
Pros
long breaks
Cons
not a lot of housing in area
Too much cutbacks in recent years
Senior Platform Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WAFebruary 12, 2017
Saw a lot of good long time employees were let go in recent years. Their replacements are sometime lower calibrate.

I learnt that doing what is important for the customers is not always what is important for career advancement.

The company has continuously to get leaner and leaner and the conversation concerning what is possible resource-wise is less and less bought up.
Pros
Plenty of opportunites to work on latest technologies
Cons
The people doing the most critical and must-have jobs are not always the most recognized.
Company Vision lost its focus but
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 10, 2017
the pay and benefits were great. Unless change does not occur soon, Intel chips will not be the most sought after. The greatest asset to the company are its people. The workplace culture was in flux when I left. I wish Intel the best.
Great Place to work.
Material Handler Dupont (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WAFebruary 10, 2017
Work was great because of the team I was a part of. The pay was good as well. Ive learned alot while I was employed there. Its to bad that the location closed down. I met alot of GREAT People who have either moved with the company or are no longer with them.
Excellent job experience great company culture
Industrial engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Piedras Municipio, PRFebruary 7, 2017
Worked as trainer and train more than 300 people during manufacturing plant start up in Puerto Rico.

Later worked as Industrial engineer trainee for two years, in charge of developing manufacturing procedures, Time studies, JIT, and productivity increase projects.

Also worked as quality supervisor for Military product as well as Key account customers, such as IBM, HP.
Pros
Excellent benefits and salary
Cons
Low vacation time
i love workin with different people
GFx Validation Technician (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAFebruary 7, 2017
I am able to resolve majority of issues with our equipment at the folsom site.
i am able to learn fast and can retain information,so that in the future mistakes that are made wont happen again
Hard working
Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2017
Everyday was a new challenge and always kept a new flow and a good opportunity to grow and learn from a fast pasted work place. always learning and moving.
Fun, Fast paced environment
Component Design Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAFebruary 3, 2017
A lot of opportunity, large company, great growth opportunities. Can get lost in the ocean, culture is slower than other technology firms, slower to keep up the technology, but eventually catches up.
Fun place to work, very bussy
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 3, 2017
Call desk problem solving
Mutitask differen issues
System monitoring
Schedule
Time bussy 98%
VMS operating system administrator
Network & peocess monitoring
Pros
Salary
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2