Intel Employee Reviews

GPTW, Great Place To Work
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 21, 2017
Intel provide many outside events for employees. Such as picnic, quarterly diners, group team building, movies, baseball games, football games, basketball games, and much more. Work is intense but the outcome is worth every bit of its rewards.

Training is offered through vendor school or OJT with a sponsor. The responsibility on yourself is how to blend in with others and become trainers to others if needed.

Hours are long but the time off made up for it. Three days on (12 hrs.), three days off, four days on, four days off. Also depends on which shift, Night or Day.

Best part of this job was, everybody became your second family.
Pros
Money, schedule, vacation/sabatical, and people
Cons
Long hours and factory delays
Challenging
contractor (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 20, 2017
A challenging role. I have learned DAX. The culture was mot bad. Supervsior was great. I wish they considered permanent. role and contracts. Learning DAX was fun.
A great Company to work for
DFT Manager and Architect (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 20, 2017
A great company offers stock options, health benefits, yearly bonus and pay days off. Very competitive, high stress job.

Management is OK at lower level, stock option policy changed in last few years. Good work get recognized and awarded well.
Terrible company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2017
The environment is work overload and it is not a great place to work. the compensation is below industry standards for most all employees except sr. management.
Intel Corp; okay, sort of. Group in which I worked; miserably managed.
HARDWARE DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 18, 2017
Management for the group in which I contributed was extremely poor, failing completely to read the market place and move accordingly. (The minions at the bottom, myself included, those that did all the work, created the products, and nurtured them to release and mass production, where great, highly skilled and competent people. They were the complete antithesis of the top management.) The result: significant layoffs (>65%) in August, '17; the group will most likely disappear completely at the end of the 2017. The group's top management will most likely be reassigned to other parts of the company where they can continue to wreak havoc and destroy other product groups. The Peter-Principle is alive and well!
Pros
Great work/life balance- work anywhere ( even home) as long as work was completed
Cons
Abysmally incompetent management.
Best Company I've Worked For
Manufacturing Systems Manager / Training Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 17, 2017
Excellent company, awards for top performance and collaboration, many advancement opportunities, with a strong focus on worklife balance and flexibility.
Freelance Videographer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2017
Aside from my film work, I have developed web design skills and produced graphics through creating websites for several small businesses and restaurants.
Pros
Awesome
Cons
Not lame
Highly competitive work environment
Global Ecosystem Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 16, 2017
Intel is a highly competitive company - with a tremendous value placed on technical skills and background. The office environment is an open cube environment for all employees. There are 4 primary states with multiple buildings at each location. 2 in California, 1 in Phoenix and 1 Oregon.
Pros
Mini work out facilities on campus
Great place to work and learn skills.
Engineering Process technician (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 16, 2017
I learned many skills while an employee with Intel. I learned how to process wafers in a clean room setting as well as performing daily and weekly PM's on tools in my area. I later learned to disposition material that had not been processed according to process on record.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Volatile market.
Materials Development Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85226November 16, 2017
Very competitive company. Lots of new technology to learn and Management have improve communication since I started in 1988. Very diverse and in spite of other cultures, employees knows how to get along.
Pros
free drinks, free fruits
Cons
not enough covered parking
gym more circulum such sport
Fab Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MANovember 16, 2017
yes I likes for intel corp, it very interesting to work thereand there more friendly environment place to work and have a lot bonus benefit, I strong suggest recommend to all my friend.
Pros
each quater company recognized for everyone to go out eat dinner and breakfast for good work
Cons
2 hour break
Slow paced job
Component Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 16, 2017
The projects keep getting cancelled and overall morale is low. There is no scope for growth for the first 3 years. Hardest part is working on scripting which doesn't challenge you or make use of your skills acquired in academia.
Great Place To Work
DEVICE PARAMETRIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 15, 2017
One of Intels values is Great Place to work. When looking at the things that matter, I agree with this value. The pay is fair, the benefits are great, the 401K and stock options are a nice to have as well.
Pros
Free fruit and beverages. Fair pay
Cons
Micro Management
Productive and Fun Workplace With a Gym and Game Room
Technical Trainer / Developer (Current Employee) –  Hudson, MANovember 15, 2017
Intel is a Great Place to work with great benefits. If I were a long term employee i would still be there. I would recommend employment at Intel to anyone.
Pros
Free Coffee and fruit
Cons
Healthcare
Excellent opportunities to advance in one of the most high-tech companies
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CANovember 14, 2017
I've worked for Intel Corporation for over two decades, and I've seen various pros and cons. I'll say that the pros outweigh the cons significantly. I'm proud to say I work for one of the most ethical corporations in America today, and I'm also happy to be working on the cutting edge of technology.
Pros
Bright co-workers; an environment that is positive, inclusive and gets stuff done!
Cons
Sometimes lack of diversity on some teams; getting quite politically correct latey
Too divided a company
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 14, 2017
I have worked for several managers and three different groups at Intel. Your experience varies greatly on the management and group you are in. It is hard to generalize. Overall the company and benefits are great
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Hard to advance
Fast-paced, challenging and productive
Software Intern Undergrad Level (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 13, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Intel. I had a long commute which really took the stuffing out of me. It was 45 miles and when it got to 2 hours each way I had to look for another job closer. There was always something new coming out to test and try out. People from all around the world with many experiences.
Intel is what it is
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 13, 2017
Great place to work. Not very flexible on hours. Being present is important. Excellent management, clear and concise work instructions and expectations. Good team to work with.
Benefits
Cons
Security
they have an atmosphere of disrespect they treat temporary employees like garbage
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 13, 2017
they promote segregation and an atmosphere of disdain between their blue badge workers and their green badge workers almost like the old jim crow era but for badge color
I enjoyed the challenge and everyday was a different challenge and enjoyed working at Intel
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 13, 2017
•Planning, coordination of projects between department, vendors, delegated work to 33 + employees, generated rough drawings, assistance in transition into Auto Cad 2003, seismic anchoring, relocation, assembly adding equipment, seismic anchor, lab table, lab equipment, environmental units, laser optics, server racks, cabinets, installation new/used cubicle compression, decompression, furniture repairs, trouble-shooting sit stand and repairs, managed cores and keys, ordered parts, ergo evaluations recommendations, to ergonomic standards, OSHA, State regulations, reported, updated projects, deadlines in some cases costs to management. Liaison with various vendors involved in projects, assistance in the execution of other department projects or related, hands on in some case to compete work deadlines as required.
•Following up on completion of a project, requests large or small with customer, solve customer’s issues, tracking, supervision, delegated work, processed, data entry work order system 360, responded to emergencies or last minutes events in a timely manner and cost efficient, hands on anytime any day or when required.
Pros
Enjoyed being employed and the challenge would change everyday.
Cons
unexpected projects and last minute changes without notice on occasion. Long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2