Intel

Intel Employer Reviews

Result orientation and high quality
Senior Staff Analog Engineer (Current Employee), PenangMay 2, 2014
Provide a wide range of job opportunityand career advancement while exposing to next generation advance silicon process technology
Interesting and specific job
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Folsom, CAMay 1, 2014
A very interesting and challenging job that has opportunities if you have the right education background. The company seems to treat it employees well for the most part and tries to impress upon the work and life balance. The job does tend to be very specific so when layoffs do occur the skills learned within the company can really only be transferred – more... over to a handful of other companies that are out there. – less
They ask a lot but they compensate you well.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 1, 2014
Pros: a lot of chances for personal growth if you wanted them.
Cons: highly specialized duties were often not clear to managers.
A typical day would start with putting out any fires that have cropped up over the night. As a high tech manufacturing site, many problems were novel and complex and some defied root cause analysis. As a support team we spent most of our time fielding requests from around the site and troubleshooting issues.

I learned a lot about manufacturing processes – more... and project management.

Management was largely hands-off which was generally appreciated. At times, however, it could backfire if our needs and their requirements were not clearly communicated.

Most co-workers did their jobs well and, beyond the normal friction that comes with any complex job, were a pleasure to work with. There were, of course, bad apples, but no more than are found anywhere.

The hardest part of the job came from issues in clear communication both in goals and in needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant flow of new problems that needed to be analyzed and solved. – less
Great Learning Place
Graduate Intern - Signal Integrity (Former Employee), Folsom, CAMay 1, 2014
Great learning place Academically and also personally. Learnt new and interesting things including my academic skills. Best co-workers and would really appreciate my mentor. He is very hard working and taught me a lot. Friendly environment and a fun place to work.
Great Place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORApril 30, 2014
Pros: everything
Great atmosphere if you like a fast paced working environment, with friendly highly intelligent people around you. very helpful people and a very caring and enjoyable company. Treats employees very well.
Great Place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Hudson, MAApril 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, great work life balance
Intel works very hard to make the environment challenging as well as to make it a great place to work. The focus on results, data, and creating change. At the same time, they ensure that the work environment makes for a place great to work, including working on interesting projects, ensuring that the employees are happy, as well as promoting a solid – more... working culture. – less
physical design from RTL to layout
Senior Structural Design engineer (Current Employee), Chandler, AZApril 28, 2014
Work from 8am to 6 pm
This is team work.
the job required to know architechture, VHDL, design for test, design for manufacturing
The job required writing scripts, PERL, TCL
The tasks are done and taped out without bugs is the most enjoyable.
Good for the right person
IT Director (Former Employee), FolsomApril 27, 2014
Pros: world-class company.
Cons: no longer a growth company. still moving it jobs out of the country.
I spent 16 years working in the Information Technology department. I gradually worked my way up from an individual contributor engineer to a senior director managing hundreds of employees. The early days of Intel (1990's) was a time of amazing growth and opportunities. But by the time 2004 and later came along, Intel's growth became stagnant, and for – more... folks in the IT department, job security was gone. We started move hundreds of IT jobs to Bangalore India. Intel is still doing so today. I recall one year we had to layoff employees, but I was asked by the then CIO (Sandra Morris - the worst CIO Intel ever had) to go beyond the layoff targets to give us more latitude to hire more people in India. It was about that time Intel lost it's allure for me. I eventually escaped by taking a voluntary separation plan - after landing another job.

The company has got a great work ethic, and I truly believe it's a world class company. But don't work in the IT department until Intel learns moving IT jobs offshore does not save money like they think it does. – less
32 Years of Intel
AMR Imaging Regional Lead (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 27, 2014
Pros: great pay, nice perks and nice benefits with a comfortable work environment.
Cons: work / life balance was tough sometimes.
Intel's expectations are high but there were great tools to help the employment manage their results. The pay and benefits was commensurate to your individual delivery, as it should be.

I learned countless skills at Intel over the years. We were using technology that was new and exciting. Most managers took care of their people under them. The co-workers – more... were top rate in the world. The hardest part of the job was managing a work/life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job was being assigned some awesome projects that have never been done before and working diligently with stakeholders to experience the thrill of success when the project executed well. It was a great feeling.
Intel was a Great Place to Work! – less
Long time employee
Operations Program Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, job transfer
Cons: global teams drive off-hour meetings
Long time employee. Intel has good management practices, allows you to transfer to new jobs in the company. Many good co-workers. Good retirement benefits. Global company with multi-site teams can drive late or early meetings.
worked several sites and each was good for it's own reason
Self Sustaining Planar Technician (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMApril 25, 2014
Pros: free soda and fruit, working 3 and 4 day workweeks
Cons: going back to work after 4 days off.
I got to do a lot of interesting things all over the country, I worked in Portland Oregon, outside Boston, Albuquerque NM, training in Austin Tx, California, Phoenix Az, and onsite. I have enjoyed working nights for over 19 years, peers were great to work with for the most part, each contributed to my knowledge and learning about the equipment I worked – more... on as well as the area around the sites I worked at. having off 4 days every other week was good as I got to go out of town fishing and driving and enjoying the area I was at. – less
Challenging but fun environment
Equipment Sourcing and Procurement Finance Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 23, 2014
The biggest challenge, for some people, when working at Intel, is that you are surrounded by 'extreme' type A personalities who are also very proficient at politics. You can be a part of some great teams and take on some very interesting challenges but you will need to "play the game" to advance.
exciting place doing great things
Process Technician (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMApril 23, 2014
Pros: great pay and benifits
Cons: bad working hours
Great benifits, nice working environment and a very laid back company with a lot to offer employees.
Productive & challanger
Manufacturer Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 23, 2014
• Read and interpreted Blue Print Drawings to ensure Customer Requirements.
• Box Build and Circuit Boards Inspection.
• Experience on using Dimensional Measurements equipment as Calipers, Height Gages, inside and outside Micrometers.
• Ensure all Test equipment calibrated and not expired.
• Verify material conformance to specifications. Interprets – more... company and industrial specifications.
• Handled customer satisfaction exceptions and special customer’s commitments.
• Experience with MES system and ability to enter pass/fail.
• Provides training and problem solving for new inspectors.
• Soldering Class III Experience.
• Worked one year as temporary employee prior to becoming permanent. – less
Results focused company, freedom to do
Channel Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Mexico, MOApril 22, 2014
Pros: rsults focused
Cons: few developement positions in mexico
I like the Intel way of setting clear expectations and objectives and letting you choose the way to achieve your goals as long as you keep compliant with legal department and ethical behaviour
Great Company
R&D Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 22, 2014
I work in the R&D board validation lab, great people, great atmosphere, and most of all a well balanced company. I enjoy every moment working at Intel.
Work was good until 2008 recession
Manufacturing Tech (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 21, 2014
I really liked my job. I worked there for 4 years. The work schedule was good for me. The compensation was great. The work culture was also very competitive. The bonus was good but the stress was also very intense at time.
Generally a very good company to work for.
SAP Basis Engineer - SAP Solution Manager (Current Employee), Chandler, AZApril 21, 2014
Pros: many great-place-to-work programs
Cons: heavy concentration on process and procedure can be frustrating at times.
Focus on Work-life balance.

They promote ongoing education.
na
Diffusion Technician, Fab (Former Employee), Rio Rancho NMApril 21, 2014
Cons: on my feet 12 hours a day
I loved working for Intel. I loved New Mexico. My first 2 bosses were great. My co workers were all supportive.
Fun place to work with a lot of opportunities
Anonymous Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2014
Pros: stock options. paid mba, salary and benefits and a good name for the resume
Cons: huge company and bureaucratic.
You will be in a cube farm but it has good opportunities for advancement within the US. Hardest part is understanding the huge business and how to get ahead.

About Intel

There's more inside ​Intel​ than you ever imagined. We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have – Read more