Intel Employee Reviews

Good Work Life Balance
Sr. UX Researcher and Lead in New Technology Group (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Amazing managers and team. Got to work with emerging technology. Grew higher up the rank in the team based on performance very quickly and management.
Internship
Internship/ Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 18, 2018
As an intern, I did not receive the normal Intel benefits. The work was frantic, but stable. Intel is a job place where you have to be part of a team, yet you have to be pro active in owning your learning.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Intense competition
Excellent place to work
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN / AREA COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAJanuary 18, 2018
Intel was a great place to work and provided excellent benefits and stock options. They offered great chances for groeth and advancement and I would recommend taking a job an Intel to anyone I know.
Big Business
Production Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 17, 2018
This was my first real job after transitioning from the military. It was a great ride. I went from Technician to Engineer to management. This opportunity gave me the inside look at how a True tech giant operates from conception, to development, then mass production.
Great Place to Work
IT Budget Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 17, 2018
Intel is a great place to work. It is employee friendly and I enjoyed my years there. I would recommend it to anyone asking. In fact, I have many friends and family also there.
If you can work at Intel, you can work anywhere!
Senior Finance Systems and Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJanuary 16, 2018
This place was great! I loved the people and the work. There were so many opportunities for growth, both in breadth and depth. Career advancement was expected and encouraged.
Great Place to Work
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Worked at Intel for over 20 years. 1987-2007. It was fun to work on highly effective teams.You could speak directly to the"top" management of your group. I worked with VP's on several occasions.
It was also a place of learning and clear support for employee development.
Very stressful, cut-throat work environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 14, 2018
Very competitive, stressful, cut-throat work environment - Difficult to switch to different roles without risking career with company. Training and management mentoring/training poor. Too much change to maintain work/life balance.
Pros
Benefits, salary, bonuses
Cons
Stressful, cut-throat, work/life balance, poor management, too much change
High paced high stress work enviroment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 14, 2018
Working compressed work week has advantages, but can be hard on a new family. You will learn to work with people from different cultures which I have found rewarding.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Upper management is disconnected from its workers
Productive; exciting difference making
Design Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 14, 2018
Highly motivated A type employees
Fast paced exciting environment
Workplace culture empowers employee base.
Hardest part was competitive / cut throat environment.
Pros
Simply a great place to work
Cons
Annual Review process is cut throat
Great
Software Engineer (co-op), High (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 13, 2018
Well Intel is a great place to work. I enjoyed working there. The tools are great. The diversity is good. Work depends on the team you are in. The food is good.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 13, 2018
good place to work. great work life balance. self paced and relaxed work environment. great coworkers. managers are great and care about your well being
Pros
free coffee and fruit; freedom to do what you like
Yes, they have ping pong
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Company has tremendous resources available and tries to be inclusive, but occasionally middle management gets in the way and it can be difficult for a technical woman to be recognized.
Pros
Able to work remotely.
Cons
Some groups still have the "boys club".
Very talented employees with very poor senior management
Senior Director, Automotive Solutions (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Intel has a tremendously talented workforce with great assets, but with very poor senior management. The culture is very limiting in terms of capturing the full potential of the employees. The management culture is very political and internally focused. Informed risk taking is not rewarded which makes for very cumbersome decision making, where the management often makes the wrong decisions
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Political culture with slow decision making
Never a dull moment!
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 12, 2018
Overall Intel is a great place to work. It is very fast-paced there and you will work with some great, very smart, people. You will have a lot of autonomy there. You will have the opportunity to try and learn new things. It will help you grow as a person.

What is not so great is that if you are a work horse, that will not be respected. Intel rewards people who work successfully on the "bleeding edge," that means if you take on something new and succeed--- Great! If you do not succeed, it will mean that it will be a long time before you get your next opportunity to shine.

Management can be hard to influence and move ahead and it is very much a good old boy network even though there are a few people really trying to change that. Go look at the Board of Directors: you may not see anyone who can relate to you: newsroom.intel.com/biographies/board-of-directors/

If you like to compete, work hard, have an opportunity for recognition, and are willing to sacrifice home, family, relationship for a time, then this is the place for you-- what they give you will be enough. Conversely, if you value the work of teams, working hard to hit the goal, sharing the glory, and you want work-life balance, then this may not be the place for you despite all the glimmer of the Intel name.
Pros
Good Benefits, autonomy in some things, interesting projects, good co-workers
Cons
Hard to have work-life balance, can be elitist
A typical day at work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hawthorn farmsJanuary 12, 2018
I am a contractor .

I really like my job. This is a truly great company. I would encourage someone else to work for the company.The culture is very open and very results oriented. I do have a flexible time frame.
Pros
Cons
10 mt break twice a day
Great company for the right person
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 12, 2018
Intel is a great company, has great benefits, and a lot of very smart people. For all of those reasons, Intel is a wonderful place. However, you have to be the right fit. I was used to work environments that were more open, fun, friendly. My personal tastes in the job culture and environment just didn't fit that space.

If you find a good fit with the environment, you are in a great place.
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Engineering culture, siloed departments
Did lab tech intern stuff
Lab Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 12, 2018
I was a lab tech intern there. Organized the mess left by the engineers, cleaned the lab areas, and did a bit of inventory and soldering. It was pretty easy, as there was nothing to do most of the time.
Work Place Culture
IT Support Specialist/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 11, 2018
You learned to work on the weekend as if its a part of your normal work week. When you leave the company you find out other employees are not as dedicated to work the 60-80 hour week.
Pros
Free Software
Cons
Long Drive To Work
Grate place to work, respectful to Individual and fair
Strategic Materials Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Overall, Intel has been a grate place to work; demanding but fair; Result and customer oriented, value and respect diversity. Very process and system oriented