Work Status: Must be a US Citizen as required by the Government contracts.
Candidate must meet security clearance requirements for Customs and Border Protection.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- CBP requires that for the three (3) years prior to the filing of an application for employment, individuals must meet the one or more of the following primary residence criteria:
(a) the applicant resided in the United States (short trips abroad, such as vacations, will not necessarily disqualify an applicant); or
(b) the applicant worked for the U.S. Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or military capacity; or
(c) the applicant was a dependent of a U.S. Federal or military employee serving overseas.
Hands on experience on VB,Java,C, SQL and SBC(Single Board Computers )
The Developer works on complex application problems involving all phases of software development and maintenance. The developer analyzes requirements and develops detailed design specifications, develops block diagrams and logic flowcharts, and translates detailed designs to computer programs. The developer codes, tests, debugs, and refines new software or makes enhancements to existing programs to produce the required product. Developers must be able to participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other developers.
Summary of functional responsibilities:
- Design and develop software codes within established specifications using object oriented applications, languages and third party tools.
- Design, revise and maintain flow charts setting out code functions and classes as assigned.
- Test software for bugs and clean the code. Write testing scripts to operate and test all elements of programs. Review results and make necessary changes. Attempt to replicate problems, determine causes and fix codes to eliminate recurrence of problems.
- Integrate codes with portions of software package developed by other team members.
- Ensure that all development efforts are integrated so that code is readily readable and maintainable by other team members.
- Research new methods, libraries and tool versions. Maintain current awareness.
- Ability to install own software.
- Assist in the mentorship of new developers and able to provide guidance on project standards.
- Experience with independent programming, including responsibility for software development projects and/or demonstrated programming team leadership is preferred
- Security: Persons who fill this position will be required to receive a favorable background investigation prior to being assigned to fulfill all defined functional responsibilities. Persons with an existing BI are preferred.
- Fundamental skills make up foundational knowledge that all developers must build on. Without this, the developer cannot function.
- Proficiency in the following is required:
o Core Java Programming Knowledge (qualified by topics covered in the Sun Java Programmer Certificate) Java/J2EE
o Object Oriented Design Concepts
o Key Design Patterns (Gang of Four)
o Spring MVC or Struts
o Java Coding Standards (we use Element of Java Style, Scott Ambler)
- The ability to acquire a majority of the skills listed below in a timely manner is integral to future career growth. Additional skills and applicable technologies utilized by most projects are as follows:
o WebSphere MQ Series, Oracle WebLogic, Oracle ExaLogic
o Java Messaging Service (JMS)
o Spring Framework (Dependency Injection)
o XSD Schema Definition
o JSR 168 Portlets
Minimum education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
- Sun Certified Java Programmer Certificate (SCJP) is highly recommended
Level I: Meets minimum education and experience requirements; Works under the direct supervision of Senior Developers and reports regularly to the Project Manager, Technical Lead, and Team Lead; Works with technical staff to learn and understand problems; Writes programs according to specifications from higher level staff or business analysts. Basic Java programming knowledge is required. A minimum of two (2) years of experience is required.
Level II: Meets minimum education and experience requirements; Works under the direct supervision of Senior Developers and reports regularly to the Project Manager, Technical Lead, and Team Lead; Works with technical staff to learn and understand problems; Writes programs according to specifications from higher level staff or business analysts. Sun Certified Java Associate (SCJA) or similar certification is required. A minimum of three (3) years of experience is required.
Level III: Works under general supervision in conjunction with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them. Must be able to participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other developers. Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Sun Certified Java Programmer Certification or similar certification is required. A minimum of five (5) years of experience is required.
Level IV: Responsible for leadership or supervision of developers on significant systems and/or software development projects. Under general direction, performs duties of instructing, directing, and checking work of other software developers. Full technical knowledge and thorough understanding of business application of project is required. The Senior Developer will serve as alternate to the technical lead and/or as a lead in a specific part of a project; assist in the mentorship of new developers and be able to provide guidance on project standards; and conduct a peer review of application code providing constructive feedback to other developers. Sun Certified Java Developer or similar certification is required. A Master’s Degree or Java Developer certificate and a minimum of six (6) years of experience are required.