Intelligent Decisions Employee Reviews

Junior Analyst
Client Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2017
Intelligent Decisions is a great company to work for, While working for them they make every attempt to make sure they take care of their employees, they offer several benefits to every employee including giving them ways to grown inside the company.
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 3, 2017
Intelligent Decisions (ID) is a good place to work. They have an "ID" portal, which they keep updated with job vacancies, and current news at ID. They have a very nice facility in Ashburn, VA, with a huge break room. The first thing I thought when I saw the break room was, they must think a lot of their employees.
Program is on the down slide of usefullness
DSTS Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOMarch 2, 2017
Relevant at one time, but the program has exhausted it's ability to be productive. No where to progress and as users decline, so does the number of locations.
Typical white collar atmosphere
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAFebruary 23, 2017
Basically was data entry and small order handler for the team I was working with which was decent experience. I learned some inside knowledge about the sales field which could be very helpful eventually.
Great Internship Experience
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDOctober 31, 2016
I interned at ID for four summers and was able to learn a few good skills and get used to being in a professional environment.
Great place to work. Coworkers were wonderful
INVENTORY SPECIALIST FOR VETERANS ADMINISTRATION (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAApril 28, 2016
Always looked forward to going to work. Enjoyed learning new things and never had a problem when asking questions. Always got an answer. Coworkers were great.
Pros
At the end of the quarter we were awarded breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
For me just the drive but it was worth it.
Avoid if you can
UNIX Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHMarch 31, 2016
Intelligent Decisions is a small company that grew, but didn't keep up with their own internal needs. In doing so:

They state $5000 a year in training, but the process to get approval for the training is so broken that you can't get the training approved.

Their staff eval system was so poor that it created a two year period of no evals, and therefore no raises.

Then when they did attempt to do evals, the promised pay raises never happened - this is after the CEO plead guilty to bribery.
So in four years I only got one pay raise.

Then to add insult to injury, ID changed their health insurance in the middle of the year. I started getting bills of $2100 for a CT Scan for my son that would have been only a $200 deductible earlier.

Other contracting companies are avoiding partnering with ID due to the Dept of Justice oversight as a result of the CEO bribery scandal.

Avoid ID unless you really need a pay check, then be aware that they will not be there for you.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
CEO plead guilty to bribery, other companies are avoiding them due to Dept of Justice oversight
Digital security contractor for the US government.
Site Manager and field engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 8, 2016
Intelligent Decisions is an excellent company to work for, in the network support, and digital security fields.

In my time there, they created and sold the Dismounted Soldier Training System, until getting underbid for the War Fighter Focus contract by CSRA.

They have excellent benefits, and are prone to hiring not just intelligent but incredibly creative and passionate employees.

They are excellent at what they do, and I would recommend their security contracts.
Pros
Very proactive company, always seeking to partnerships, customers, and contracts.
Cons
Not prepared for hardware creation environment, or maintaining RandD contracts
was a great place to work
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 19, 2016
really enjoyed working with true professionals, the boss was great and the pay was even better, loved working with my coworkers, they had great benefits too
Pros
money and time off
Very stressful work environment
Director, Air Force Operations (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 3, 2015
My responsibilities included management of all active Air Force Programs, for ID's Services Organization, which was established a new division to grow DoD, and other government work. The co-workers within the company were very supportive, and a pleasure overall to work with. However, there was a problem at the Senior Management which impacted continuity of operations to support customer delivery effort. This issue caused a lack of cooperation's and continuity in support of field operations.
Pros
Co-worker support and interaction
Cons
Senior Leadership
IT Contractor
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2015
Contractor and going by the contract specifically. Not willing to work with hired management, disconnected with employees, only interested in contract and nothing else.
Pros
Cons
Not a good company to work for.
A TEAM of Go Getters
DOJ USMS, SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Mobility Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 27, 2015
It is not often working for a company where the whole team is cohesive, but I can definitely speak for our team. NO DRAMA

Our group works hard and plays hard.
Productive training Soldier's
Training and Simulation Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYAugust 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job, is interacting with Soldier's on a daily bases. The company does everything they can to support there employees, in family life, and at work.
productive and good place
Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJune 17, 2015
I enjoyed working with them.It was fun place to be at and would recommend other people to be part of it.

I do not have much more to say about company but i would say your survey needs to be improved as it doesn't allow person to complete with short review. it shouldn't be forced to make it longer at all.
Outstanding job
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKMay 1, 2015
One of the few jobs that I've had where I actually looked forward to going to work in the morning. Had to opportunity to train up and coming leadership for the Army and Marines
Pros
Great work environment.
Good workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDFebruary 19, 2015
It was a good place to work. I learned a lot of useful pieces of information there, such as how to install some programs, take apart computers, and other things as well
Great work environment, military atmosphere where I still get to guide Soldiers
Training and Simulations Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart Ga, 31314December 29, 2014
My average work day was very different from the days I spent in the Army because I am a part of a 2 man team, though there are contractors from other agencies on site in other sections of the mission training branch I have, and am learning the ropes of networking in the contracting world.
Pros
Flexibility to work on scenario development
Cons
Difficulty to leave site for luch or appointments due to distantance and minimal manning.
Great place to work at.
IT Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2014
This is the place you want to be at. Professional work space, great place to learn and to evolve. People are nice and friendly. management is respectful and very professional. Allow to telework.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No comment
Intelligent Decisions
Virtual Training Facilitator/Network Management (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 6, 2014
*I learned how to manage up to 25 wired, and wired computers.

*Active directory, and VNC viewer were used to control and optimize computers on the networked environment.

*Learned hardware and network equipment repair.

*Worked closely with high ranking military and Government personnel.
Pros
Training with other network professionals
Cons
N/a
Employee Retention with Strong Leadership
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wpafb, OHJuly 1, 2014
Although working for this company was intensive, most of its former employees went their separate ways due to management and upper leadership. I learned the abilities of monitoring multiple networks and servers. My co-workers were some of the best in the IT industry.
Pros
Became profficient at network and server monitoring.
Cons
Poor Leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intelligent Decisions. Our community is ready to answer.

Intelligent Decisions Reviews by Location