Intelligent Green Solutions Employee Reviews

Horrible company
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 15, 2017
They promise you things they don't complete
No lunch or breaks given
Work a lot of hours
Have to pay for your own gas
The owner is horrible treats you like if your nobody
Will fire you instantly for no reason
Will make you pay for your own drug test.
Pros
Provide vehicle
Cons
No lunch no breaks
Poor pay.
Plumbers Helper (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 30, 2017
The job description says 14-15 hr. For team leader but not true. You dont get drive time pay and make you pick up material at warehouse but make you clock in at jobsite which most are 1 away. I had the worst experience here. They provide you with little gas money. That in the end you have to put gas out of your own money.
Cons
Short breaks poor Management.
Make promises they don't keep!
Roofing Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 1, 2017
STAY FAR AWAY! I worked for them for 4 months then couldn't take it any longer! No room in company trucks to transport you. They require you to use your own vehicle to get to jobs sometimes over 100 miles away and don't reimburse you for gas or mileage. I was told to write it off on your taxes! Well if you can't itemize, you can't write it off. They argue with you over hours worked due you. I actually lost money working for them! The management is disrespectful and rude and gives you little training and cares little if the job is done right, just as long as the customer pays THEM! I honestly believe any good reviews on here are inaccurate and written by management or the owners!
Cons
Low pay with no transportation or reimbursement. No benefits and broken promises!
Do not apply! This place is a joke! -Installers Beware
Installer (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, NYNovember 29, 2016
Save yourself a lot of time and stress. Don't apply here. They'll want you to be "Team Leader" for $12/hr and you'll be accountable for company vehicle, thousands in tools, and your teammate. No one has proper training. You get $60 in gas a week for company vehicle if you spend more than that driving to jobsites it comes out of your pocket. They make sure you know you're completely replaceable.
Pros
You get a ton of expensive tools, company phone and company vehicle.
Cons
You won't make more than $12/hr. Everything else!
Great people, easy work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYNovember 10, 2016
This job includes a lot work but fairly easy, and you will be on metal roofs the majority of the time. If you aren't afraid of heights, this will work for you. Everyone in the company is very friendly, and very helpful. Promotions tend to come quick if you show you know what you are doing.

They require that you are free at night for a quick conversation with your Project manager. This call can happen anywhere from 430-8 Sunday-Thursday.
Very productive and fun workplace
Project Scheduler (Current Employee) –  New York StateNovember 7, 2016
IGS is an outstanding company to work with, the company value all their employees as well as their customers. We always worked as a team. The company provides all the necessary training and tools for us to achieve our set goals.The employees and management team are very genuine and supportive.Management bestows ownership on all IGS employees. Ideas are considered and everyone's perspective is valuable.
Good company, good employees,
On roof team leader installer (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NYNovember 4, 2016
Hard physical work but worth it. Good job the work environment is great. They do their best to take care of employees. Growing company with lots to offer. Highly recommended
Pros
Work outside, different sceneries, bonuses, comfortable work environment
Cons
No health care or benefits, work outside in winter months
Liked it :)
AM Operations & Compliance (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYNovember 4, 2016
I like working for this compnay. I have been with IGS for more than 2 years and feel like home. Working environment is healthy and everyone is supportive.
Great communication
HR Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 4, 2016
Great communication between upper management all the way to customer service reps and installers.

I love being able to interact with all levels of the company from the CEO all the way to coordinators and customer service reps.
Pros
Great review system
Cons
Need more job sites to choose candidates from
Fun rewarding workplace with oppurtunity to travel
Trainer / Installer (Current Employee) –  Ny , MdNovember 4, 2016
I give a big 👍 to this company for taking care of their employees and supplying them with every tool imaginable to succeed in the workplace. I have been an employee for 6 months and the sky is the limit , well that is an understatement !!!
Pros
Travel, company vehicle, bonuses, Ot, gas allowance, top of the line tools and training
Cons
Healthcare, 401K
A Start-up trying to find its focus
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Conklin, NYApril 30, 2013
Sunmaxx is an interesting company with a lot of potential. There is no typical day, as anything could happen. I was put in a variety of roles during my time there and learned a lot. It was exciting working in an emerging market and blazing a trail. However this lead to a lot of growing pains within the company as the transition from startup mid-size started to become a priority.
Pros
Exciting work, good people, good cause
Cons
weak management, lack of direction, disorganization
Dynamic Challenging Environment
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San DiegoApril 4, 2013
The company is open on all fronts to new creative ideas and processes. I was surprised by how open management was to feedback on their current operations and internal processes.

Would recommend employment to other friends and eager professionals.
Pros
flexible time, melting pot of different staff to work with, convenient location
Cons
need more time in the day!
Challenging but Rewarding
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Conklin, NYFebruary 1, 2013
If you are competitive and like a good challenge in a productive way, this is a great place to work! I have far exceeded all the expectations I had for myself because I accepted the challenge to better myself by being open, and accepting the many opportunities that were presented to me to learn every aspect of the business.

Unfortunately, the complainers out there tend to be the type of employee that have entitlement issues, who expect to get paid a lot of money to do a minimal amount of work. This type of employee usually can't keep a job, has a lot of down time to go online and complain about a company where they failed not because of anyone or thing but themselves.
Excellent sales position in a market with uncapped growth
Sales executive (Former Employee) –  Conklin NYJanuary 11, 2013
Excellent environment to succeed in sales and in a growing market. Sunmaxx is far ahead of its competitors and strives to be at the forefront of the solar thermal market allowing it sales team to stay ahead of the competition.
Pros
uncapped commissions, unlimited resources to succeed in sales
Cons
educating a market and having to develop the market.
Challenging Innovator
Controller (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 8, 2013
Innovative, complex solar thermal and PV provider. Vertically integrated firm offering all stages in a green energy proposal including need analysis, system design, custom engineering, materials procurement, system installation, and system commissioning. There was no typical day - a day could bring anything and often did.
Stay Away!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Conklin, NyDecember 7, 2012
Agreed, toxic! Don't believe this company will be around for too much longer.
Pros
few
Cons
short breaks if any, toxic environment
Toxic Environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Conklin, NYOctober 31, 2012
The attitude express by management is that EVERYONE (Employees and Customers) are replaceable and disposable. Employees have extremely low morale. Management is not interested in hearing anyone’s opinions except the “YES MEN”. General attitude of management is "Don't like it, there's the door". Management disregards all customer complaints.

Had to give 1 star as system would not give a zero rating.
Pros
willing to train
Cons
too many to list
Easy-going and laid back work environment
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 17, 2012
As an intern at SunMaxx Solar, I've been able to experience just what kind of work environment it has to offer: a very laid back, relaxed office environment. Most of the people there enjoy their work and are always willing to help anyone who asks for it, especially as an intern who might have trouble at first finding the ropes. My supervisor and the product engineer that I work with have the utmost patience when I first started working here and still do.
New Office
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Conklin, NYFebruary 17, 2012
I left before they moved into a new manufacturing plant, so it could be a lot better now. In my experience the company is growing extremely fast and has a lot of promise, but that is also the problem. The fact it is growing fast makes it a very insecure place to work and they do not have enough money to pay for their employees
Pros
easy to move up the ladder
Cons
senior management expects you to do everything