Privately-held consumer technology start-up seeking Sr. Systems Engineer. Qualified candidate must be experienced in architecting end-to-end framework on Linux OS, network architecture and deployment solutions, cloud-based computing, and hardware/firmware integration.
As a Senior Systems Architect, you will have a high level of ownership for this challenging project, and will be looked up to for providing vision on the future of the team. You will be instrumental in the success of the overall model and control every step of the Software Development cycle, starting from conception and design, to hands- on coding, to release and maintenance of the product.
- Control the development of multi-platform application systems.
- Automate and script building, testing and deploying of our applications.
- Continuously improve and re-engineer the deployment process to push code faster, achieve better quality, satisfy stakeholders and delight customers.
- Collaborate with developers, business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent.
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
Experience in Object Oriented Programming, preferably in C++. Strong C# or Java developers will be strongly considered.
Experience with relational databases
Ability to architect and develop sophisticated software systems
Easily adaptable and learns new technologies quickly
Has experience translating workflow requirements into software
Experience with Search Engines, and any NLP technologies (Lucene/Solr) is a plus
Bachelor of Science/MS/PhD Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent expertise)
Additional experience in image and speech analytics and a.i/machine learning a plus.
Salary plus equity and partnership opportunity for right candidate.