IntelliShop Employee Reviews

Unprofessional and Dishonest
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJune 2, 2016
Management is incredibly immature, unprofessional and many are totally unqualified to lead others. The managers would gossip about each other to their subordinates and also share other employees' private information. Totally ridiculous and unprofessional. I never would have worked there for as long as I did if I hadn't needed the money for university.

They lure university students to the company with promises of being able to work from home as a proofreader. In actuality they hire most people in as recruiters and then tell them that they will get moved to proofing when there are more openings. For most people that time never comes... unless you are so tired of being strung along that you put in your two weeks or threaten to quit. Then they just might offer you a position proofreading, but not give you any assignments. If you are actually good at recruiting you will never get moved to proofing, no matter how many times they say that they will.

They are also typically not honest that most of their recruiting jobs are temporary. Once a company's commissioned mystery shops are completed, they usually just get rid of everyone that was working on that specific job...with little to no notice. Luckily, when I worked there I was transferred to another company's list when the first one ended, but many of the people I worked with (hard workers too!) were just dropped and had financial hardship as a result. I know for a fact that many of my coworkers never would have accepted their positions had they known they would only be employed for a few months.

It's sad because
  more... the job itself was actually enjoyable, but the environment was toxic.  less
Pros
office building is nice
Cons
unprofessional
Wouldn't Pay My Enemy to Work Here
Field Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJanuary 23, 2015
This company is by far the most poorly run business I have ever seen. The Owner/CEO is completely clueless about how to run a successful business, as is management. The incompetent managers have complete immunity, while overqualified, hardworking employees are constantly bullied into leaving, or fired for bogus reasons. The culture is nothing short of high school all over again, with cliques who bully anyone who doesn't fit in.

College graduates are sought for positions that require less than a high school education, and are not even properly compensated for having that college degree. Meanwhile, incompetent managers are paid exorbitant salaries, and the owner gets a new, very expensive car every other year, while the employees who actually run the company are barely scraping by. And then, when those employees earn a significant bonus for doing a great job, they are cheated out of the money they rightfully earned, and generally given some BS excuse as to why they're not receiving the money they earned. And no matter what you are told, there is absolutely no room for advancement.

If the turnover rate is any indication, (around 20/28 fulltime employees have quit or been fired in the past 2 years), this company won't be around much longer, especially if it continues to treat its quality employees as disposable.
Cons
the pay and benefits are a joke, no job security, environment is stressful, management is incompetent, bullying runs rampant
A rewarding, fun job
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work can vary, depending on the clients you are working with. There are many opportunities to show leadership and showcase your strengths. I have learned significantly better time-management and organizational skills, which I have applied to other places of employment. The management is amazing. It's clear they love what they do, and they actively work to make sure that their employees are working as efficiently as they can. The hardest part of the job is the fact that it is almost entirely online. It's hard to receive immediate communication when all of the communication goes through email. However, if I ever need an answer, it doesn't take more than 5 minutes before someone is there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is how incredibly flexible the schedule is. With how busy a day can be, it's nice to create your own hours for the day.
You choose when to work!
Mystery Shopper (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 6, 2012
Everyone I have worked with or spoken with have always been very friendly and helpful when needed. Everything is done online through their website and via email. It's a great thing to do for extra money for movies. I don't believe I could ever find enough shops to live off of; but, for little things, it's perfect.
Pros
choose when to work and set own hours
Cons
shops don't pay much

2.8