Intelsat Employee Reviews

Could be a great company to work for...
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJanuary 12, 2018
No real focus on where the company is headed. Very chaotic and stressful. Management doesn't care about their employees. Benefits and pay are competitive.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
work hours and management
Intelsat is trying to make the change from satellite provide to managed services provider
Manager, Development Engineering (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2017
Intelsat is in the painful process of trying to move from a traditional bent-pipe satellite owner operator to a managed services provider with the goal of better utilizing all of their satellite and terrestrial infrastructure to move into the future. The anticipation of combining traditional geosynchronous with the soon-to-be-operational LEO satellite company OneWeb has brought an air of opportunity to the over-all plan.
Leader in technology
Senior Satellite Controller (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 30, 2017
Intelsat was a great place to work, you are expected to work hard and are rewarded for it financially and with your benefits. You can advance as much or as far as you want based on your abilities and desires. While working there I saw one employee move from basically an entry-level position to vice president where he was over hundreds of employees.
Pros
Good benefits and pay and a great working environment
Cons
Hours can be tough depending on what job you hold
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAOctober 24, 2017
Great place with amazing work life balance while still offering a challenging environment. Management is great and listens to what you have to say. I would have never left if I didn't want to relocate.
Constant state of change
ENGINEER, SERVICE OPERATIONS SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2017
Intelsat can't seem to figure out how it wants to do what it does. Changing so much in such a short period of time. Forcing engineers to "blend" so they can handle a higher workload with any incentive other than to "keep your job:,
Pros
Low cost of living in Atlanta Metro Area.
Cons
Expect too much from engineers
On Boarding/Training
Principal, SalesForce Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 9, 2017
The company and management gives no time for training and/or effective on-boarding for the specific job. Each company has their own process and policy that are non-standard. This company does not allow time for a new employee to learn all process needed to effective do you job.
Pros
Great Pay/Benefits
Cons
Training
Excellent international firm
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 12, 2017
I worked at Intelsat for almost 30 years.

I started as a clerk/typist; the company gave me the opportunity to grow in my career and at the time I retired, I was the Manager of a record-management group of 12 staff.
Pros
The benefits were great.
Cons
Intelsat is a multicultural environment, most of the people are helpful and nice
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 29, 2017
I enjoyed my days at Intelsat. I learned about the Satellite industry, but there are times the job could incur pressure, but I enjoy the day to day challenges of working in an exciting and at times upredictable environment, especially when you work in the legal department. You have to be prepared to change the pace of your work at any given time.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
More flexibility in work hours for every level of staff and part time work.
Tax Analyst
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2017
Great Company, great place to work, great atmopsphere but the department I was in was not the best, I wish I could have stayed in a different department
Satelite Controller
Satellite Controller (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 18, 2017
Very good company. Work balance relationship is held in high regard. They care about the individuals that support and work for this company. Multiple training courses so you are always up to date with latest technology.
Pros
Great company
Cons
very good environment to work in
Media Innovation Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GANovember 6, 2016
This company is developing the satellite service industry into new types of networks and services which makes Intelsat a very interesting place to work for currenty.
Modern work space which resembles a silicon valley start up feel
IT Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 4, 2016
Fantastic place to work; really gives you a different vibe than most companies in the metropolitan area would. One problem with the company is the fact that the age gap is extremely big.
Nice place to work in
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 24, 2015
I love everything at INTELSAT. The environment is every friendly
I worked there for 8 years and it had been wonderful for me.
Good
Fun and enjoyable environment to work
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 2, 2015
We work hard while also having fun at work. I enjoyed being apart of the team. If you needed help, it was right there. Supervisors were very good. I love playing with the equipment during testing time and displaying demos for new clients.
A 50 year old company that epitomizes the do more with less attitude.
Manager of RF and TT&C Systems (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAMarch 28, 2015
I joined Intelsat in 2014 in a position that had been a Senior Manager, but was downgraded to a Manager position since Intelsat thinks it has too many Sr. Managers. Two Directors left Network Engineering and one was replaced by a Manager (2 levels lower) and my boss’s position was eliminated. I now report directly to a VP who has told me I’ll never be promoted in my current job. Two other Directors with Sr. Managers also report to him.

Intelsat is below employee critical mass for the amount of work to be done. My team and I worked excessive overtime 6 solid months before there was a break. My boss was passionate about not spending any money on my team and I was required to take vacation to do training that didn't cost the company money and was relevant to my job.
Pros
401k contributions and benefits
Cons
Salary and stupid policies that don't put the best people in each job.
Very good place to learn and grow.
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2015
Intelsat was the best job I've ever had. Wonderful company with great people with excellent management. My typical day was very calm troubleshooting complex network for various clients. Learned a tremendous amount about Cisco hardware and architecture and various technologies. I had good co workers. The work was very challenging.
Pros
Very Diverse, Stable, Well Managed Company
Cons
Productive company with a team support guaranteed
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Productive company with a team support guaranteed.
Teams across geographic and organizational boundaries and diverse technical disciplines including SW, HW, and network infrastructure
great place to work at
Capacity Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 22, 2014
excellent experience in working with Intelsat. amazing diversity and culture. very good internal communications and services.
Pros
good benifits, good work ethics
Cons
only in Washington dc
Great Place to work, friendly staff!
Senior Operations Systems Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2014
Great Place to work, but politics and personalities can at times be a challenge.
Very productive business
Customer Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 24, 2014
I was the lead technical advisor for major strategic customers. Managed day to day operations as well as leading the way on new initiatives.
Pros
Job security, customer involvement, demanding sales atmosphere
Cons
average company age

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intelsat. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3