Intelsat Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work in
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 24, 2015
I love everything at INTELSAT. The environment is every friendly
I worked there for 8 years and it had been wonderful for me.
Good
A 50 year old company that epitomizes the do more with less attitude.
Manager of RF and TT&C Systems (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAMarch 28, 2015
I joined Intelsat in 2014 in a position that had been a Senior Manager, but was downgraded to a Manager position since Intelsat thinks it has too many Sr. Managers. Two Directors left Network Engineering and one was replaced by a Manager (2 levels lower) and my boss’s position was eliminated. I now report directly to a VP who has told me I’ll never be promoted in my current job. Two other Directors with Sr. Managers also report to him.

Intelsat is below employee critical mass for the amount of work to be done. My team and I worked excessive overtime 6 solid months before there was a break. My boss was passionate about not spending any money on my team and I was required to take vacation to do training that didn't cost the company money and was relevant to my job.
Pros
401k contributions and benefits
Cons
Salary and stupid policies that don't put the best people in each job.
Very good place to learn and grow.
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2015
Intelsat was the best job I've ever had. Wonderful company with great people with excellent management. My typical day was very calm troubleshooting complex network for various clients. Learned a tremendous amount about Cisco hardware and architecture and various technologies. I had good co workers. The work was very challenging.
Pros
very diverse, stable, well managed company
Cons
location
Productive company with a team support guaranteed
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Productive company with a team support guaranteed.
Teams across geographic and organizational boundaries and diverse technical disciplines including SW, HW, and network infrastructure
great place to work at
Capacity Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 22, 2014
excellent experience in working with Intelsat. amazing diversity and culture. very good internal communications and services.
Pros
good benifits, good work ethics
Cons
only in washington dc
Great Place to work, friendly staff!
Senior Operations Systems Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2014
Great Place to work, but politics and personalities can at times be a challenge.
Very productive business
Customer Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 24, 2014
I was the lead technical advisor for major strategic customers. Managed day to day operations as well as leading the way on new initiatives.
Pros
job security, customer involvement, demanding sales atmosphere
Cons
average company age
No advancement with managers who are not technically inclined
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAFebruary 27, 2014
They are very specific about face time. If you keep your noise to the grindstone and do your work, you are overlooked for promotion in place of the person who stands in the break room socializing.
Cons
everything
Great company
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAFebruary 19, 2014
• Coordinated the shipment of 50 shipment daily from multiple locations. Ensuring that all shipment was delivered by the customer required date. This lead to having a 97% success rate for customer satisfaction.
• supervised the receiving, inventorying, and bar-coding incoming material.
• managed a $6M capital budget. This was including the $4M at our offsite facilities
• Developed standard operating procedures and safety procedures for offsite facilities
Pros
people, career choice, location, oppurtunity
Cons
no real cons
Progressive forward looking company
Engineering & Maintenance Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDDecember 31, 2013
Excellent company.
Very Knowledgeable Staff
Hardest part of the job was disconnecting from the daily requirements.
Enjoyed my co-workers
Enjoy working of the company
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
lack of promotional opportunities
Great work environment,
Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 17, 2013
An excellent company in its early days. I've joined Intelsat while it still was a 'Consortium' (a monopoly of satellite communications), operating in the US as the UN. Pay and benefits were excellent, with modern facilities and a good cafeteria. Intelsat at that time paid all foreign employees a free trip to the home countries for their entire family.
I don't know much about the company since it was privatized a few years ago.
Pros
free trips to home countries, excellent bonuses, good healthcare
Cons
less than competent management
Productive, and fun place to work.
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2013
Receiving phone calls on Help Desk phone line, and monitoring incoming tickets, on SharePoint, for two hour period. I learned how to work within a large company, and work with senior staff on how to resolve issues within the company.

Management is very nice, and will give recognition when deserved. Co-workers are diligent in following up with critical issues, and are generally fun to work with.

The hardest parts of my job is to know the correct escalation path for issues, and to track the many applications that we use. The most enjoyable part is working my fellow techs on issues, and learning new technology.
Great employment.
RF Operations Center 1 Technician (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAOctober 15, 2012
•Triage initial calls and emails in support of performing routine RF Level 1 monitoring, troubleshooting, and analysis (possibly with a specific focus on RF Operations, Video Operations or Data Operations).

•Conduct Level 1 RF service functions utilizing tools including but not limited to space segment analysis/monitoring (spectrum analyzers, DSPs), databases, phone systems and various internal / schedules.

•As an RF Operations representative, interpret and ensure execution and correct follow up of established operational practices and/or procedures relating to use or access of the company's network.

•With supervision, to ensure the thorough triage, log documentation and servicing of initial phone calls and emails concerning ROC Level 1 matters including but not limited to routine; customer accesses, carrier measurements, peak/pols and internal/customer notifications.
good work place
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 27, 2012
Company is very good and learning is endless. Good work environment.
Relaxed work envirorment. Work is challenging, but that helps with career development.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2012
We have typical work periods. We have a closing period for each month and then post close activities. Work days are not typical as adhoc reports are always needed. We all know what works needs to be completed and the time frame.
Pros
great learning enviornment, staff is encouraged to come up with new and engaging ideas to improve processes
Cons
close period can be stressul at times.
Outstanding and fun loving place to work.
State Department Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2012
Intelsat is one of the most wonderful places that I have ever had the pleasure of working. I would suggest this company to anyone who is looking for excitment in their work experience, to try this company.
Pros
the management was outstanding when i worked at intelsat, it was an international company, and you had the pleasure of meeting people from all over the world.
Cons
i don't know if there are any cons to working at this company, it is like one big happy family.
Very good
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a group to get the job done.