Inter-Con Security Systems Employee Reviews

Hospital summary
Security/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2017
I have 4 years in hospital experience and have great customer service. I can respond to any situation and know how to handle it in the right way . Ive been professionally trained by police officers on how to tqake in control of a difficult situation and to manage it the right way.
Terrible Company to Work For
Parking Enforcement Officer Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 4, 2017
Very hostile environment with very little employee rewards. Very inflexible with family emergencies or personal emergencies. This company allows its clients to treat employees in an unacceptable manner.
Terrible Company to work for
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 31, 2017
Bad Management, no communication, blames the officers for managements own faults & they fire the officers work and keeps the lazy & disrespectful ones.
Pros
semi good pay
Cons
terrible schedules and poor management
Horrible Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 22, 2017
My husband was hired and told he would have a full time shift. This company lies to their employees. they will give you hours in the beginning and then lesson your hours down to 16 hours a week. Don't work for this company if you have a family. My husband was never late and never called out and worked their worst skift graveyard.
Pros
good starting pay
Cons
No advancements .No hours.
Underpaid for work provided
Uniformed Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2017
Constantly reminded of position in the company, good pay but not guaranteed fulltime hours, unreasonable schedules, horrible communication. Overall not a place to make a career out of.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible work culture
The company is not honest.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 27, 2016
I was told I would be a supervisor, the hospital would pay for 100% medical benefits, I would be working at an outlying clinic...lies, lies, lies! I never would have taken the job, but I did based on what I was told by the IC Mgr. along with a power handshake. Sad. Paycheck doesn't display accurate Sick Leave nor Vacation Hour accruals...even though a NEW SYSTEM. Messages are seldom returned from the IC Office. Males in the IC Office are EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. An outside investigation is warranted regarding MANY ISSUES.
Pros
OT hours, bad employees get transferred to better posts
Cons
Doesnt adhere to Sit Down Law, ignorance among the ranks, cent raises
Teaching and travel, win win
Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAOctober 1, 2016
This job allowed me to do what I really enjoy doing, teaching and coaching others. I was able to travel around the country and see different places while teaching others.
Pros
Travel, Teaching new employess
Cons
No room for advancement
This company is a joke
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 24, 2016
I worked for them for a while. I worked overtime and o my days off when they called me in. Management sucks!!! Totally biased unless your kissing their behind. If you question something.. You are on suspension because they feel you are defying their authority. Then they cut my hours from 40+ to nothing. I wish they would be shut down..completely unprofessional!! Turnover rate is high...high..high
Pros
Nothing i can think of
Cons
Unprofessional, favortism, liars
I like the state where i patrol cas everyone where i work r friendly, kind n especially the client r extremely cool.
Guard (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2016
I don't recommend any one applying to this company because they r not professional, office ppl in hr sacramento have bad attitude, supervisor r not team work and cheat u on every penny. This company say they have good sick days,vacation paid, holiday pay but all this r just a bunch of lies. They have nothing for u! They don't pay sick time, vacation time, holiday times and most important they don't give u any professional assistance when u asked. This year they have deduct everyone's pay from 11.19 to 10.87.
Pros
Pros is that the 401k dose jump fast when on call.
Cons
No, sick time pay, vacation, holiday pay and no raised.
Has its perks and really bad side to it
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 25, 2016
I worked from for a year and it was good for the he most part because the jobs are easy. You get ton overtime which makes the pay worth it plus good benefits with a 401 k, health care and dental. The problem is they lie a lot because they told they were giving all of them of us raises in the California area. 8 months later they never did that and they gave us all pay cuts without informing us what so ever. Overall the management is completely unorganized and it's impossible to get a day off. I can't rate this company favorable because of this.
Pros
A lot of overtime and descent benefits
Cons
They lie a lot to there employees.
Beware!!!!!!!
Contract Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2015
This company will tell you what you want to hear and then when you have made it through their process, everything changes. They will tell you that you WILL work whatever hours and wherever they schedule you to work. They don't care about family, other employment. You will travel all over Indiana with little to less notice.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Bad Company and Management
It's a job..Nothing more..
Armed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 22, 2015
The upper management seriously needs to re evaluate themselves with how they handle those that work for them. They show favoritism with officers they like, and will fire officers for next to nothing. They also need to re organize their unprofessional structure as to how they handle business. They will cut your hours to keep from paying vacation, or medical benefits..and this is from those who say they "care" so much about their guards.
Pros
Easy work, O.K. pay, Meet some great people
Cons
Unorganized upper management, greedy, unethical, will cut your hours
Good Company
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 11, 2015
Great company to work for, great benefits. Keep employees with up to date training
Don't work here
UNIFORMED PROTECTION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Washington DC/Virginia/MarylandDecember 9, 2014
Attrition rate is high. Management is always trying to get money out of your paycheck and they will use false employee violations to do it. And if you complain you will be punished.
Pros
Cons
No work/life balance, pay is always changing!
Inter-Con provides professional security services to the Department of State and other organizations worldwide.
Armed Security Officer - Shift/Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC.November 1, 2014
I serve on the Department of State contract Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. On a typical day I will supervise a large number of security officers throughout their daily activities while also ensuring that all staffing requirements of the company are fulfilled.
My supervisor responsibilities include daily/weekly deadlines for staffing needs.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Not an ideal work environment, Military Environment
An Awesome Company to Work For
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAOctober 10, 2014
Valero Energy Corporation takes great care of their employees in many ways. Many benefit package options, employee events and company events that included the employees to give them a platform to participate.
You must be committed to this job.
Uniformed Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
This job consumes a lot of your time. If you don't live close to the annex you are assigned to, then your 8 hour shift turns into 15 hour ordeal. They hold you whenever they want. Politics in the break room. Most the officers are easy to get along with. Over 80% are veterans. Good people. Pays well, but, again, you must commit a lot of time to this job.
Pros
People, Networking
Cons
Long Hours, Favoritism
Do not work here
FormerEmployee (Former Employee) –  Washington DC, Rosslyn VaAugust 18, 2014
This was by far the worst company I had ever worked for. They are liars and once they get you in the door you are treated like anything. It is not woth the money at all. The turnover rate is extremely high because there is no future long term gain for this kind of job. And there are NO benefits
Pros
Security clearance, money
Cons
Everything else..management...schedules, hours, etc
Good way to get your foot in the door as a young professional.
Diplomatic Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 24, 2014
I took this job to receive a government top secret clearance to make myself more marketable. This job is very demanding and time consuming.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Demanding work schedules
Worst company I've ever worked for ever!
Security (Former Employee) –  PasadenaMay 28, 2014
They lie to all the employees and treat you like your scum of the earth. They remove you from a post and tell you to work another post 100 miles from your home. And if you can't make the drive then You're fired. this company should be investigated for illegal practices. I have always been a professional and have always worked in a professional invioronment. After job force reduction while working for a previous employer I went to work for Inter-Con.
The only true statement given by this company are the last 3 letters in thier company name "CON" I've seen so much and anyone would be crazy to work here!
Pros
Cons
Leaving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inter-Con Security Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7