Inter-Con Security Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Has its perks and really bad side to it
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 25, 2016
I worked from for a year and it was good for the he most part because the jobs are easy. You get ton overtime which makes the pay worth it plus good benefits with a 401 k, health care and dental. The problem is they lie a lot because they told they were giving all of them of us raises in the California area. 8 months later they never did that and they gave us all pay cuts without informing us what so ever. Overall the management is completely unorganized and it's impossible to get a day off. I can't rate this company favorable because of this.
Pros
A lot of overtime and descent benefits
Cons
They lie a lot to there employees.
Beware!!!!!!!
Contract Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2015
This company will tell you what you want to hear and then when you have made it through their process, everything changes. They will tell you that you WILL work whatever hours and wherever they schedule you to work. They don't care about family, other employment. You will travel all over Indiana with little to less notice.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Bad Company and Management
It's a job..Nothing more..
Armed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 22, 2015
The upper management seriously needs to re evaluate themselves with how they handle those that work for them. They show favoritism with officers they like, and will fire officers for next to nothing. They also need to re organize their unprofessional structure as to how they handle business. They will cut your hours to keep from paying vacation, or medical benefits..and this is from those who say they "care" so much about their guards.
Pros
Easy work, O.K. pay, Meet some great people
Cons
Unorganized upper management, greedy, unethical, will cut your hours
Good Company
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 11, 2015
Great company to work for, great benefits. Keep employees with up to date training
Don't work here
UNIFORMED PROTECTION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Washington DC/Virginia/MarylandDecember 9, 2014
Attrition rate is high. Management is always trying to get money out of your paycheck and they will use false employee violations to do it. And if you complain you will be punished.
Cons
no work/life balance, pay is always changing!
Inter-Con provides professional security services to the Department of State and other organizations worldwide.
Armed Security Officer - Shift/Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC.November 1, 2014
I serve on the Department of State contract Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. On a typical day I will supervise a large number of security officers throughout their daily activities while also ensuring that all staffing requirements of the company are fulfilled.
My supervisor responsibilities include daily/weekly deadlines for staffing needs.
Pros
high pay
Cons
not an ideal work environment, military environment
An Awesome Company to Work For
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAOctober 10, 2014
Valero Energy Corporation takes great care of their employees in many ways. Many benefit package options, employee events and company events that included the employees to give them a platform to participate.
You must be committed to this job.
Uniformed Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
This job consumes a lot of your time. If you don't live close to the annex you are assigned to, then your 8 hour shift turns into 15 hour ordeal. They hold you whenever they want. Politics in the break room. Most the officers are easy to get along with. Over 80% are veterans. Good people. Pays well, but, again, you must commit a lot of time to this job.
Pros
people, networking
Cons
long hours, favoritism
Do not work here
FormerEmployee (Former Employee) –  Washington DC, Rosslyn VaAugust 18, 2014
This was by far the worst company I had ever worked for. They are liars and once they get you in the door you are treated like anything. It is not woth the money at all. The turnover rate is extremely high because there is no future long term gain for this kind of job. And there are NO benefits
Pros
security clearance, money
Cons
everything else..management...schedules, hours, etc
Good way to get your foot in the door as a young professional.
Diplomatic Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 24, 2014
I took this job to receive a government top secret clearance to make myself more marketable. This job is very demanding and time consuming.
Pros
pay
Cons
demanding work schedules
Worst company I've ever worked for ever!
Security (Former Employee) –  PasadenaMay 28, 2014
They lie to all the employees and treat you like your scum of the earth. They remove you from a post and tell you to work another post 100 miles from your home. And if you can't make the drive then You're fired. this company should be investigated for illegal practices. I have always been a professional and have always worked in a professional invioronment. After job force reduction while working for a previous employer I went to work for Inter-Con.
The only true statement given by this company are the last 3 letters in thier company name "CON" I've seen so much and anyone would be crazy to work here!
Cons
leaving
decent company to work for.
Level II security officer (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, Idaho FBI ComplexJanuary 3, 2014
Stood guard at entry and patrol FBI complex.
Great co-workers
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
better understanding of conditions involving guards and administration
Company is a joke
Secuity Guard (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles,CANovember 20, 2013
I'm currently employed with Inter Con. I been with the same post contract for years and I seen things happen that goes against their own handbook happen everyday and nothing gets done and things that's not in their handbook a guard gets removed. Higher management don't care about anything going on. You got guards working for 8.32 and hour with no benefits ,clear sign of not caring about the guards.
Pros
overtime at different posts if you want it.
Cons
you may get a post the has higher pay and benefits or low pay and no benefits
Security Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 30, 2013
I really enjoyed during security at the Washington Monument with InterCon Security it was the best job ever. I enjoyed meeting new people everyday and scenery.
new contract
ssecurity guard (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CaAugust 18, 2013
Ive worked. For them tried to show i was a good employee. And they fired me after doing 20 hours straight never left thr most took testroom brakes on my breakes.... i trusted inter con but got played... suspended without pay and wont give me termination papers for unemployment
Pros
staring pay
Cons
tooo many long hours
Fun work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJuly 17, 2013
I like working there good women & men there would do it angin,
Pros
close to my house.
accounting department is really professional.
Lead Accountant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 14, 2013
I work in accounting department. Finance side managers are really nice and professional.
Pros
learn lots excel skill from managers
Cons
company does not have good benefit
Review
Diplomatic Security Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2013
A staff member will work 12 hour shifts, become vigilant, management will make sure you are compensated well, your co-workers are willing to do what is needed to fulfill their hours and the hardest part of the job is not being able to have a reasonable schedule.
Pros
earn a high income
Cons
work long hours
Hospital Security working with all departments of the hospital and patients
Security Officer in Charge (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 19, 2013
Provide exemplary service to patients, center staff, visitors, vendors, contract employees. Experience with Joint Commission. Conducting thorough and comprehensive internal and external investigations. Respond to emergency calls/incidents to assist center staff, patients, visitors etc. in a professional manner. Protect and monitor sensitive departments such as pediatric units, psychiatric areas, emergency departments, parking areas etc. Maintain a positive rapport with center staff and civil authorities and enhance skills and knowledge relevant to the position. Address issues such as Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) reporting. Maintain a daily activity report, incident report-writing and investigation of incidents or suspicious activity. Development and implementation of safety, security, and loss prevention programs.
Pros
ability to learn and lead a security team in the hospital environment.
Cons
the sorrow from family members when a patient
do not work for them if you have a family!
fiance of employee there (Current Employee) –  Washington, dcOctober 19, 2012
They have cheap uniforms, mostly on your feet with cheap shoes that kill your feet, only so many personal & sick days. If you go over those days allowed they suspend you, on your day off AND Take your bonus!! This just happened to my fiance. We have a house and 3 kids and for them to take a bonus is WRONG! And if you go to college, forget them working with your school schedule, they don't care about their employees. As long as they making money and taking what you've earned they are happy! Better believe I'll be making phone calls and emailing these ignorant people! You get treated better in the military..... how sad. The only 2 positive things of this company is the money and getting your clearance!!
Pros
pay, obtaining clearance!
Cons
poor management, cheap uniform, take your bonus!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inter-Con Security Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9