Inter-Con Security Employee Reviews in United States

offer no chance for advancement
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 9, 2016
Co-workers are great. Lots of over time. A lot of paycheck issues. If you work out of town they say they will pay your miles, hotel and food perdiems you have to wait 6 month this is the only negative statement.
Pros
Great oppertunity to interact with other people
Cons
Unsafe condition armed officers this company has 7 ADS
Always paid on time.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMarch 6, 2016
Calling name for people who need help at the disability office. I have learning how to communicate with people in a proper manner. The office manager at my location is very helpful when it comes to helping her employers. I have no co-workers at my locations because I'm the only security officer at location. The hardest part of my job is dealing with upset people who haven't got their disability money, so they come with an attitude and very upset, so it's my job to keep them calm and try to make it a peaceful environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is that it gives me the opportunity to interact with people, greet them when they come to the office, and always keep a smile on my face.
Pros
happy visitors, great state workers, potlucks
Cons
angry visitors, rude people
My old job
WAREHOUSE (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Everything is a very punctual job very detailed job.I learned competitive skills working under presser. My co workers were grate never had a problem.Never had a hard part of the job.Coming to work is enjoyable
Company Goals And Culter
Corparate Security (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2016
This Company is one the most respected Security companies internationally .They thrive on being the best, when it comes to keeping companies and corporations safe and secure.
Guarding the Southern California Edison Substations and generators and corporate offices and other events was not only fun
but a learning experience , when it comes to climbing the corporate ladder equal opportunity is exactly what this company provides.
Pros
Great Compensations
Training is excellent
Uniformed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 6, 2016
Rigidly run para-military style security force that provides outstanding service to the State Department across the country. Shift work. Hourly rate and benefits are good.
Pros
pay and professionalism
Cons
work schedules
The leadership from the top down could use a fine tuning, and appreciating there employees more would be a huge help in keep there employees.
Personal Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 31, 2016
If I had the option in getting a friend or family member a job, I would warn them that Inter-Con may not be the best company to work for, but they do pay decently even though they decided to cut our pay $4 an hour.
very unorganized
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  El Cerrito, CAJanuary 28, 2016
no off time when needed, hard time taking off for funerals, they do not keep up with paper work that comes through fax, no raises, no vacation time off and they are very rude.
benefits
Cons
no time off
No incentives
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 27, 2016
They want you to work anyWHERE anytime no matter what situation. Wanted people to come into work WHEN ITS LITERALLY A BLIZZARD OUTSIDE 29 INCHES OF SNOW and they on the phone like i don't understand why u can't just drive in.( boy if you do not get off my phone) I have to choose the job or my life I choose life FINAL ANSWER!!
Pros
GREAATTT PAY
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
There not much to say
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 19, 2015
This Job is selfish. They have a lot of favoritism.
If you okay with working with a company that doesn't really care about you feel free to apply.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 4, 2015
Inter-Con Security started out very well until they cut hours for all of the Security Officers and then as a Security Officer, you had to call Monday through Friday to beg for work.
Pros
Good Company to start out with.
Cons
The Company cuts hours without warning their Security Officers.
Great Work Experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 26, 2015
Working here with Inter-Con was amazing. You get to experience a lot and they truly test you on everything you have been training for to keep you on your feet. Great experience you will get from here.
Decent work place.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena CAAugust 13, 2015
As a result of the low pay rate Inter-con only attracts a small number of quality employees. The majority of whom are students.There is also a major problem with incompetence in that security personal are often added or removed from the schedule without proper notification. The end result is low moral and the suspicion that the young ladies who occupy these positions came upon these promotions in a non traditional manner. The major reason being that their performance was substandard in the lower level positions they previously occupied and in no way warranted promotion. Moreover, demotion or termination would have been the proper course of action for these individuals. There is also a great deal of blatant favoritism and forced overtime for individuals who are employed full time. For instance individuals are pressured to come in on the weekends to transport high ranking individual within the company who have flown in from other states.
Pros
Ability to provide free tutoring and encourage the pursuit of higher education.
Cons
Previously stated.
pretty cool working place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 2, 2015
energetic days at work very cool place to be doing a lot but keeping it maintained and organized i like the job and had pretty nice times there with co workers
Inter-con work with the State of California
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 27, 2015
Inter-con was a wonderful place to work, Inter-con was dedicated to the needs of its employers. They offer time of for family leave, You had the chance to grow in the company.
Pros
Allowed you to use your experience to transfer within
Cons
work more than one location in a week time
Open Workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2015
The environment is strict, Must maintain order at all times. Supervisors are always observing to make sure officers are carrying out assigned task. Work shifts are long and schedules are not consistent which is understanding due to the fact that security is a high risk job.
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 15, 2015
Help Staff with great training and maintain Gard Card, CPR/First Aid courses. Locations have great scheduling such as 12 hr shifts including overtime. Work well with State contracts. Care about the safety of there employees.
Pros
Healthcare Benifits
Cons
No Sick time
I enjoyed my work environment
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  West HollywoodApril 28, 2015
I did a lot of foot patrol there it was a mansion with no one living on the premises the owner past away it was very quiet except when children were going and coming from school. The property was sold a year later for a dollar. the cite was pleasant.
Pros
I got a chance todo a lot of exercise on the premises
Cons
No one to talk to
Security Job
Security Officer/ Clairmont, CA (Current Employee) –  san diego caApril 26, 2015
Ive learned that security has sharpened my skills in defusing situations peacefully. I will recommend this job to those who want to stay busy with no social life.
This is a great work evironment. The employees of this company seem very happy. Intercon was very flexable and made if possible to attain a degree.
Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Rosemead. CaliforniaApril 10, 2015
I am a dispatching operator, sending units to escort employees through secured areas. I also send units to assist with emergencies and medical emergencies. I am in charge of the GO2 lobby office for Edison Electric. My daily duties consist of registering visitors, checking out keys, and badges. I also complete a daily activity log annotating events that take place. I conduct building and perimeter tours ensuring equipment and doors are secure. My job can be very demanding at times and customer service is important in my line of work. I learned how to properly communicate 10 codes over the radio. Report writing and incident reports are apart of my daily routine. The hardest part of the job was numbers and names of various locations and personnel. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting with patrols and getting to know my fellow employees. The majority of my superiors were very understanding and accomodating to my demading school schedule. Overall this was a great company who has given me a great deal of experience.
Pros
Pros of this company is the paid lunch and break time.
Cons
Cons of this company is that vacation time is hard to earn.
Fun
Watch - Commander (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 2, 2015
It's a fast pace environment. If you're an officer out in the field Inter-con is pretty bad, no raises, no promotion, no matter how long you've been there. But if you work in the office; you'll get a chance to move up from dispatcher to watch-commander, though it seems they promote people from being into uniform to non-uniform such as schedulers and contract managers because those people are easier to control, even though they are horrible at their entry level job.
Pros
Over-time, decent pay, work goes by fast, great people and personalities
Cons
Would rather look outside company to promote than with-in, if you're an officer out the field you get screwed with payroll, hours, everything, if you can get inside the office you're golden.

2.8