INTER-CON SECURITY

INTER-CON SECURITY United States Employee Reviews

This is a great work evironment. The employees of this company seem very happy. Intercon was very flexable and made if possible to attain a degree.
Dispatch Operator (Current Employee), Rosemead. CaliforniaApril 10, 2015
Pros: Pros of this company is the paid lunch and break time.
Cons: Cons of this company is that vacation time is hard to earn.
I am a dispatching operator, sending units to escort employees through secured areas. I also send units to assist with emergencies and medical emergencies. I am in charge of the GO2 lobby office for Edison Electric. My daily duties consist of registering visitors, checking out keys, and badges. I also complete a daily activity log annotating events that take place. I conduct building and perimeter tours ensuring equipment and doors are secure. My job can be very demanding at times and customer service is important in my line of work. I learned how to properly communicate 10 codes over the radio. Report writing and incident reports are apart of my daily routine. The hardest part of the job was numbers and names of various locations and personnel. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting with patrols and getting to know my fellow employees. The majority of my superiors were very understanding and accomodating to my demading school schedule. Overall this was a great company who has given me a great deal of experience.
Fun
Watch - Commander (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Over-time, decent pay, work goes by fast, great people and personalities
Cons: Would rather look outside company to promote than with-in, if you're an officer out the field you get screwed with payroll, hours, everything, if you can get inside the office you're golden.
It's a fast pace environment. If you're an officer out in the field Inter-con is pretty bad, no raises, no promotion, no matter how long you've been there. But if you work in the office; you'll get a chance to move up from dispatcher to watch-commander, though it seems they promote people from being into uniform to non-uniform such as schedulers and contract managers because those people are easier to control, even though they are horrible at their entry level job.
Security Officer
Diplomatic Security Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: High profile
Cons: hours
Serve and Protect U.S. and Diplomatic Officials. Access and Control of federal buildings. The company provides opportunity to advance in other outside avenues.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great learning environment
Inter-Con is a professional workplace where they believe in training, safety of officers and federal employees. It is a company that promotes advancement within its officers and teaches great management skills to further your security experiences and knowledge in the work field.
Opperations
Security Guard (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: The Pay Check
As i have been employed with this company; I do express complaints. The problems i experience where handled at the end of the day but overall its just one of those jobs to get you from point a to point b. I dont suggest anyone to get comfortable here.
it is an ok place to work. management is shifty thorugh
Armed officer (Former Employee), Joliet, ILFebruary 18, 2015
it is an ok place to work. management is shifty thorughit is an ok place to work. management is shifty thorughit is an ok place to work. management is shifty thorughit is an ok place to work. management is shifty thorughit is an ok place to work. management is shifty thorugh
I enjoyed working with Inter- Con. All my supervisors & coworkers were great !
Uniform Protective Service Officer (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: my supervisors all work together. the supervisors & officers appreciate ea other.
Cons: in the security line of work your life is always a threat for some deranged individual.
My typical day is arriving on time, speaking to my supervisor & co-workers, gearing up, have roll call. I learned that in security there will always be someone that doesn't want to abide by the rules & regulations. Management was great. They were all respectful, helpful, knowledgeable, and professional. My co-workers on my shift were great. Everyone got along, and respect one another. The hardest part of the job was when my relief was someone that's always late, and constantly calls off. I would be wondering if I would be going home or holding over. Is when everything goes well ( no complaints, no issues with employees, co- workers). No malfunction with any security equipment ( machines, vehicles, weapons, flashlights, doors, phones, elevators). Also when we as officers are appreciated for the security that we provide. Last but not least when my paycheck is correct & on time !!!!!
Strenuous workplace, with a military type environment with no concern for their employees.
Diplomatic Security Officer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: excellent training and above average pay.
Cons: too strict and they don't care about their employees.
If you live in the Washington D.C. area and are thinking about joining this company, unless you love how strict the military was, DON'T! They expecrt you to be perfect. And love to fire people. I was fired on my day off! The probationary period is a year, so do anything wrong with-in the first year and the Union has NO POWER to protect you. Get pulled over by the wrong cop and he decides to call your supervisor (the supervisor number is on your ID badge) "to see if you really work there" and you might just get fired. You have no control over your work schedule until you've been there at least a year. The schedule and your days off change every week, if you work evenings or nights! I didn't get a weekend night off until I worked there 6 months. And working day don't even think about bringing your phone, leave it in the car (not that you can find parking during the day with out pay 18 dollars plus!) You get 4 call offs a year (three for being sick and one for personal reasons), so if you have young kids or are prone to getting sick don't join this company! The supervisors also get fired. And the upper management walk around like they are superior to the officers. You stand you're whole shift except when you are on break, and if you have an outside post you stand 4 hours in the weather and 4 hours in a both that has A/C in the summer and if you bring a portable heater, heat in the winter. The standing and the weather didn't bother me. How they treated their employees is why I would not recommend anyone to work their. The only two things I liked about them was their training was excellent and their pay is among the highest for security in this area. Although many don't make it through the training process. I had about 40 people in the begining of my training class and I think 22 made it through the training.
Does not value its employees at all
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 14, 2015
High turnover, incompetent office staff including dispatchers and managers that should not be managers. Captains are not properly trained and prepared for their promotions and are not efficient in their duties. Union collective bargaining agreement is greatly flawed and weak and sides with the client more than protect the workers. Truly a waist of money.
Great job to maintain but would not consider this a career
Security Officer (Former Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 5, 2014
Pros: it was a step up from unemployment
Cons: the company offered little growth potential
A typical day of work consisted of either sentry duty, roving patrol or stationary posts. Sentry duty was the first echelon security who had the most contact with employees, contractors, guests, or those who were lost. Physically verifying personnel to ensure they possess the authority to access the property. For those who did not, contacting the appropriate party to escort non vetted personnel aboard the property. For those who were lost to provide direction in an courteous manner. Roving patrol consisted of driving around the property and visually and physically inspecting the structures, gates, and fence line of the property. Stationary post required an inventory be conducted of all equipment the shift was responsible for. Next, closed circuit television monitors and radio communications tests to ensure serviceability. A frequent walking patrol was conducted to track any patrons inside the facility, to deter theft or sabotage on any property inside the facility, and notify the proper authority in the event of criminal activity, fire, or disorder. Maintain a shift log to track daily occurrences.
These duties mimics the duties associated with being a member of the interior guard in the military so I did not learn much here.
Management allowed me to demonstrate my expertise and assist me in instances unclear to me.
Co-workers for the were knowledgeable and reliable.
The hardest part of the job was that the client's site was a retrograding nuclear power plant that was growing smaller each day. Realization the need for security to continue at that site was rapidly growing obsolete provided little job security.
Easy commute & fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: able to work independently, lunch room & quick commute to/from home
Cons: at beginning of job assignment, there was a bit too much downtime
My day would involve, mainly, data entry & data research but also included organizing & creating folders for individuals. I was allowed to work independently, which I enjoy, but also interacted with many co-workers, who were very easy to deal with. The manager was very personable & approachable with questions about our duties. I most enjoyed meeting & working with new people and performing various data entry assignments.
Physically demanding
Uniformed Protection Officer (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 15, 2014
Pros: good pay, good same level co-workers
Cons: schedule manipulation, favoritism
This position requires me to serve as a uniformed protection officer for the State Department within Washington, D.C. and the surrounding areas. My work routines change from post to post. Access control and facility security are my primary duties. Allowing only authorized personnel to enter government buildings that hold classified information, foreign diplomats, and high ranking United States officials. I note any illegal activity, building repairs, or employee assistance and report on them for future reference. Conducting building sweeps for misfiled, lost, or unsecured classified material is also part of my position. Any omitted classified material has to be collected and secured in a designated area. I generate a report on the violation and inform Department of State personnel of the incident. Often I have utilized rapid response to respond to urgent situations to include protesters, medical emergencies, and transients.
Strenuous workplace, with a military type environment
Armed Special Police Officer (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 3, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks, and long continuos hours of standing on your feet inside & outside.
A typical day at work is interacting with employees and guest throughout the day, and controlling building access to secure areas to deter and prevent criminal activity. The job consists standing outside in all weather conditions for a total of 7 hours, out of an 8 hour shift with this being the hardest part of the job. Management is very strict with a lot of micromanaging going on, but fellow co-workers are very down to earth and good to work with. The most enjoyable part of the day is getting off after a long physical day of work.
Lack of Professionalism and Respect towards staff and lack of opportunity growth
Security Officer (Current Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 30, 2013
Below average company to work for due to its staff rudeness through out my time working for this company especially on the phone and other times when i had to go in the main office on different occasions. But few of the field supervisors have been professional and pleasant towards me through the time being employed by this company. And the advancement opportunities have not been shown to me ever since my employment with this company. To bad some companies do not see the potential in staff for company growth as this company has not shown me to be it.
Summary for California High Desert area
security guard (Current Employee), California High DesertDecember 9, 2013
Pros: my creditors can't reach me on the desert.
Cons: too many to list.
1) A typical day at work: It's all night work in 30 degree cold out on the desert at SCEdison sites. 2)What I learned--the best payday advance stores to frequent to supplement an already low paycheck; 3)My own personal supervisor is a great guy, on the side of his employees; the management in Pasadena sucks. 4)Co-Workers are as cold as I am at the end of a shift; 5)Hardest part of job? Trying to "go" through 3 layers of clothing. 6)most enjoyable? Successfully "going" through 3 layers of clothing.
LOUISIANA CONTRACT MANAGER (Current Employee), Security, LADecember 3, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: long work hours
Good place to work. Very good pay. Long hours, good training.
Professional environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 30, 2013
Professional working environment is always maintained. Great co-workers.
N/A
MONITOR OFFICER (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 17, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Worked very long hours. Worked 10 to 16 hour shifts. Management was so-so.
Fun place to work, stay busy all shift.
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee), Oakbrook, IL.August 4, 2013
A typical day consists of greeting guests and employees, printing guest badges, Keeping activity logs and roving campus grounds.
edd n dmv
security (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 13, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: 1hr break n good benefits
i work hard an get things done an get along with everybody at all times