Interactive Data Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

no comment
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  boxborough maJune 10, 2015
IDC was a great company to work for until we were bought out by a company who does not take care of its loyal employees . lack of communication from management
Pros
Cons
everything
Faciliate the flow of finacial information in global capital markets
Data Delivery Specialist/Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, New YorkJune 8, 2015
Fruitful experience overall, as the work itself exposed me further to intricacies of global capital markets; specifically, the international flow of information and capital.
Comfortable work environment
Team Leader / Senior Pricing and Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bedford MAMarch 16, 2015
Coworkers were the best. Managment changed frequently with byouts. Working Holidays for straight time was disappointing.
Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2015
8-12 hours of steady work. Learned a lot about networking and infrastructure. Upper management is out of touch. Co-workers are excellent. Hardest part of the job is the workload and the hours. The people are great.
Pros
people
Cons
nights and weekends, management
Formal corporate environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2015
If you enjoy challenging yourself daily and putting your skills to the limit, then this is the company for you. Management is demanding and expects results.
Interactive data my review
Data & Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  boston, maFebruary 8, 2015
I was employee at the company for almost 15 years. My job was outsourced to their London office. The company was very good when it came to severance package. Company was treated me fairly over the course of my career.
Pros
the company had great health benefits
Cons
had to work holiday like christmas and thanksgiving
Great Company to work for
Financial Data Analyst, Manhattan Clients (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 3, 2014
I had a client service role supporting Manhattan clients. I enjoyed my tenure at this firm
Excellent
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MASeptember 29, 2014
Work culture is good and the team members were very helpful and motivating
collections bad debt analsis
CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 24, 2014
Daily review of accounts receivables portfolio , cross training staff members
Good Benefits with No Growth
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 22, 2014
- Good Work life balance
- Good Health Benefits
- No Growth within
- Do not promote within
Pros
vacation days
Cons
no growth within the company
Blend of different cultures across 7Ticks acquisition (startup culture) and mothership (IDC)
Director, Technical Account Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2014
The Trading Solutions division where I work, and especially the 7Ticks unit is lean, and demands an "all hands on deck" approach from employees.
The firm offers excellent opportunities to acquire experience across multiple functions in a short span of time, and create impact without having to deal with red tape.
Nice work environment.
Revenue Accountant - 3 Month Contract (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MANovember 15, 2013
Training was adequate and co-workers knowledgeable. High volume transactions. Great work space; no expenses spared for the cubicles. Company offers a gym on the premises.
Pros
exposure to new revenue software.
Cons
no current openings for me to transition into a permenant role.
Awful management, terrible employees, no procedures/standards
Director (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 27, 2013
Most of the work is manual with little to no QA. Highly reactive organization, always following up on issues after clients complain, rather than putting in procedures or preventive measures.

Senior management clocks in with no interest in improvements. HR fraternizes with employees so there is no possibility of objectivity in assessing performance issues.
Pros
good pay for senior management
Cons
manual processes, no qa, no procedures, disinterested management
Knowledge
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianJune 30, 2013
This company provided me an excellent knowledge about the financial market and trading environment. Working closely with Front Office traders added alot of advantage for me to learn the trade life cycles of securities and instruments.
Pros
free lunch coupons, monitory benefits with perks and bonus
Cons
short breaks, insurance covered
Horrible management and VERY low pay
IDC Employee (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 19, 2013
This place doesn't care about your well being or how much you make. The billionaires at the top do everything they can everyday to nickel and dime you and you realize you're losing money with every year you stay here. It's an absolute joke. The vacation time and laid back atmosphere is great, but when it comes down to it...it really matters how much you make. Working here you will be paid anywhere from 10-40k less than what you are worth and would be making at another company that actually cares about their employees. Horrible company!
Pros
lots of paid vacation
Cons
horrible pay, no advancement opps
Rewarding independent division with hardworking people
Divisional Controller / Finance Director (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 28, 2012
Our division was responsible for providing our clients with low latency data from various stock exchanges from around the world. The reason we were successful was the work ethic of the employees who were always willing to ensue the client received what they wanted as soon as possible.
small separate office of large company headquartered in Massachusetts
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany NJMay 3, 2012
Culture and values of the large company went unnoticed in this small tax office. Prejudices, racial slurs, sexually harassing emails, and political insults were the norm. HR at another location was only interested in appeasing management, the cause of the problem
Because tax department was so small, I supervised myself on many occasions and thus learned a great deal.
Management was inadequate and confusing. The worst manager was allowed to undermine and disparage those she chose to dislike.
Co-workers were pleasant and fun to work with.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
atmosphere

Comment – October 17, 2012

I thought this happen only in the New York office. Apparently not! I experience the same treatment in the New York office. It is obviously a company wide issue. Maybe if they hire talented individual in HR, this wouldn't happen to the poor employees. When you see an for a career opportunity run the other direction. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL REGRET IT.