Interactive Data Employee Reviews

Interesting work environment
Financial Research Analyst- Fixed Income Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2016
Whatever task that needed to be done, I made sure that each task was complete. The work was doable. and delegated in an orderly fashion. Everyone worked well together.
low pay no hours
Technical Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 3, 2017
low pay and no hours ... store managers dont seem to care much about the sales associate. i wouldnt recommend it. 2 thumbs down
Sales Professional
Account Manager LATAM (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 25, 2016
As an account manager I am reponsible for bringing new business into the company and for managing clients and vendors/partner relationships. Successfully overachieved sales quota in 2015.

Flexible work environment with a very aggressive sales approach

Ensure clients understand our products by educating them on a daily basis.

My passion is to serve clients and work directly with the B2B public. It is very rewarding when I see the results of your sale and that I was able to help yet another client
Low morale but honestly not a bad place to work
Global Service Desk Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 19, 2016
Employees trash the company, but I've worked at worse. Benefits are great, insurance and vacation time are good. Company was purchased by ICE, which want to invest more money into the company.
Great global financial environment to work at fast pace but yet friendly
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2016
Interactive Data Corp is a great company to work for if you are looking for a job in the financial arena. It is a fast pace and competitive, growing company. For those employed permanently the benefits are great, overall this is a good place to add to your resume.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2016
Interactive Data Corporation has very medical benefits.
They pay is very low and there is no room for advancement or growth. Managers do not have a lot of knowledge regarding the department they oversee.
Pros
Medcal Benefits
Cons
Very low pay
Extremely good work atmosphere
Salesforce Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2016
I had a wonderful experience working at IDC. I was exposed to a lot of scenarios where i had to deal with real world data.
I was very fortunate enough to learn some powerful tools like Salesforce.
Interative data was a great place to work
Computer operator / Production supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waltham Ma, Boxboro MaSeptember 4, 2015
Interactive Data was a great place to work. I enjoyed my time there and worked with some great people over the years. The three day work week was great and the benefits are some of the best around. The hardest part of the job was the long hours associated with the three day work week.
Pros
Three day work week. Great benefits
Place to start but not stay
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2016
Great coworkers.
Learned to work in a face paced environment.
very typical office job.
Working hours were nice.

A bit of a disappointment that there was no job advancements.
Poor Compensation
CS (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 8, 2016
IDC does not compensate their employees well. The day to day is highly monotonous. The wrong people are promoted. Too many levels of management.
Senior team lead/call center
DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Andover MADecember 18, 2014
• Respond to request through request processing and problem resolution.
• Build and maintain knowledge of products, services, and procedural requirements.
• Train peers with new/updated procedures and requirements.
• Provide service and information on clients' financial and non-financial accounts.
• Account inquiries, historical transaction information, check replacement and distribution payouts.
• Worked in a fast paced call center environment.
Low Stress Environment, Poor Long Term Career Option
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
IDC has been a solid place for me to get a foot in the financial services industry, but I've reached a point at which I'd like to take my career to the next level.

There is very little wiggle room to move up in the business as expansion is secondary to trimming costs to run with as little as possible (not surprising given our PE ownership).

There are a few great people in the company but for the most part the culture is older, 9-5 former traders and such, who took a position here to take home an easy paycheck without crazy hours. For a younger person there isn't much of a "company culture" outside of a handful of people who might go out for a drink once a month or so.
Pros
Hours, Stress Level
Cons
Compensation, Perks, Culture
Too political
Senior Agency CMO Eavluator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2014
The new President won't change anything. The previous lady was horrible, she played and pit employees against each other. As a team leader it was a nightmare. Run away from this company. Check or no check it makes no difference whether you are an evaluator or not. The agency team and non agency team are both poorly managed. All the team leaders do is lie and lie to clients. You will be blamed for bond volatility.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
More political that the U.S congress
Nice working experience.
Senior Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 6, 2014
A typical day at interactive data was working as part of team, collectively looking at issues and coming up with solutions. It was definitely a team atmosphere. We worked long hours especially at month-end but we were also allowed to take crucial breaks from particularly perplexing problems and play a game or two of ping-pong. It can be stressful at times when deal with real time financial information.
Challenging and competitive environment
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 16, 2012
Supporting Sales reps in creating excel reports, completing orders in database system, troubleshooting database, etc..
Balancing client's accounts

Management was available but under extreme pressure

co-workers were easy to get along with and team players

learning technical side of the business

completing orders and satisfying customers
Pros
overtime
Cons
no training
Great people to work with whom are family oriented.
Manager Second Level Support (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 18, 2013
My typical day at work was to review potenital and existing client impacting issues and resolve to minimize production impact. I have learned much about the exchange data markets, networking and database technoogies. Management is in the process of restructuring. My co-workers were a great bunch of people to work with; they have talent as well as desire to grow. The hardest part of my job was aquiring the training dollars that were neccessary to further develop and educate staff. The most enjoable part of my job was seeing the work that we were doing made a diffierence to clients and the business and seeing staff accomplish goals laid before them each year.
Pros
great place to work for life balance.
Cons
advancement
Horrible lower management
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJuly 8, 2014
I worked for this company for 3 years. The Director of Finance/Accounting surrounds himself with inexperienced Managers who are NOT management material. He surrounds himself with women who are basically his puppets. There is no encouragement for any clerk/specialist to advance in the company. Absolutely no growth potential.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No advancement. Low pay scale.
Great place to work!!
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 3, 2013
Review reports. Send emails to reps that started accounts without a contract on file. Canceled accounts that did not receive proper contract. Review stock exchange contracts and sent for approval. Backed up receptionist for breaks and lunch. Converted tiff format faxes into pdf format. Scanned and attached paperwork to system.
Pros
Free lunch Thurseday!!!
Supporting various customers on technical software used for trading
Technical Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Technical Support has various shifts.
Training was provided on the particular products and co-workers helped bring me up to speed.
Management is well run.
Enjoy resolving issues.
Pros
Easy to like all the co-workers as they are all team players.
Cons
The drive home in the afternoon.
Small company with growth potential
Marketing Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2015
This gained it growth when it was brought out by Thompson it is still around today because of the take over. It has grown to be a large company in the 20 years since I have moved on. I still keep in contact with the CEO.
Pros
Big growth
Cons
Was too samll to survive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interactive Data. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7