Interactive Data

Interactive Data Employee Reviews

great company and story overall
Global Account Manager, Major Accounts Group (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
great company and story. they really in vest in their people. not great job security for new comers but good people. management needs to get in tune with frontline.
Nice people no leadership
Engineer (Former Employee), ChicagoFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: no vision
I worked at IDCO for about a year, really never knew what we were doing. For all the talk of town halls and information matriculation etc, never a real guidance of where the company was going. I went through a reorg without knowing who my manager was for 15 days.
SENIOR TEAM LEAD/CALL CENTER
DATA ANALYST (Former Employee), Andover MADecember 18, 2014
• Respond to request through request processing and problem resolution.
• Build and maintain knowledge of products, services, and procedural requirements.
• Train peers with new/updated procedures and requirements.
• Provide service and information on clients' financial and non-financial accounts.
• Account inquiries, historical transaction information, check replacement and distribution payouts.
• Worked in a fast paced call center environment.
Low Stress Environment, Poor Long Term Career Option
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: hours, stress level
Cons: compensation, perks, culture
IDC has been a solid place for me to get a foot in the financial services industry, but I've reached a point at which I'd like to take my career to the next level.

There is very little wiggle room to move up in the business as expansion is secondary to trimming costs to run with as little as possible (not surprising given our PE ownership).

There are a few great people in the company but for the most part the culture is older, 9-5 former traders and such, who took a position here to take home an easy paycheck without crazy hours. For a younger person there isn't much of a "company culture" outside of a handful of people who might go out for a drink once a month or so.
Good environement, everyone operates with a team mentality
Data Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2014
It is good coming to work here everyday because I am accepted by my co workers. I love the new challenege of living in New York City
Nice working experience.
Senior Staff Engineer (Former Employee), Hayward, CAAugust 6, 2014
A typical day at interactive data was working as part of team, collectively looking at issues and coming up with solutions. It was definitely a team atmosphere. We worked long hours especially at month-end but we were also allowed to take crucial breaks from particularly perplexing problems and play a game or two of ping-pong. It can be stressful at times when deal with real time financial information.
HORRIBLE LOWER MANAGEMENT
AP Specialist (Former Employee), Bedford, MAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no advancement. low pay scale.
I worked for this company for 3 years. The Director of Finance/Accounting surrounds himself with inexperienced Managers who are NOT management material. He surrounds himself with women who are basically his puppets. There is no encouragement for any clerk/specialist to advance in the company. Absolutely no growth potential.
Too political
Senior Agency CMO Eavluator (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: more political that the u.s congress
The new President won't change anything. The previous lady was horrible, she played and pit employees against each other. As a team leader it was a nightmare. Run away from this company. Check or no check it makes no difference whether you are an evaluator or not. The agency team and non agency team are both poorly managed. All the team leaders do is lie and lie to clients. You will be blamed for bond volatility.
Typical day of work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 26, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: work atmostphere and politics
Interactive Data is a first job for most people. The people you meet are genuinely nice. The bad part of IDC is the negativity and shifting of blame instead of focusing on do what is correct.
Supporting various customers on technical software used for trading
Technical Support Lead (Current Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: easy to like all the co-workers as they are all team players.
Cons: the drive home in the afternoon.
Technical Support has various shifts.
Training was provided on the particular products and co-workers helped bring me up to speed.
Management is well run.
Enjoy resolving issues.
Not the Same IDC
Product Manager (Current Employee), Bedford, MAOctober 11, 2013
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: poor compensation and poor leadership/career development
The company has changed since it was bought by privet equity.
Great place to work!!
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Hayward, CAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch thurseday!!!
Review reports. Send emails to reps that started accounts without a contract on file. Canceled accounts that did not receive proper contract. Review stock exchange contracts and sent for approval. Backed up receptionist for breaks and lunch. Converted tiff format faxes into pdf format. Scanned and attached paperwork to system.
Ok place but management needs an overhaul
Network Services Specialist / Project Manager (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 31, 2013
Since IDC was purchased by the private equity firm, the shift in culture has made the environment very difficult to succeed. There is very little room to advance these days. On the plus side, it is flexible when it comes to a work/life balance.
Great people to work with whom are family oriented.
Manager Second Level Support (Former Employee), White Plains, NYFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: great place to work for life balance.
Cons: advancement
My typical day at work was to review potenital and existing client impacting issues and resolve to minimize production impact. I have learned much about the exchange data markets, networking and database technoogies. Management is in the process of restructuring. My co-workers were a great bunch of people to work with; they have talent as well as desire to grow. The hardest part of my job was aquiring the training dollars that were neccessary to further develop and educate staff. The most enjoable part of my job was seeing the work that we were doing made a diffierence to clients and the business and seeing staff accomplish goals laid before them each year.
Good company culture
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 16, 2013
Management is fair. Coworkers are great and productive. Benefits are good. Wages are lower than the competition.
Challenging and competitive environment
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee), White Plains, NYNovember 16, 2012
Pros: overtime
Cons: no training
Supporting Sales reps in creating excel reports, completing orders in database system, troubleshooting database, etc..
Balancing client's accounts

Management was available but under extreme pressure

co-workers were easy to get along with and team players

learning technical side of the business

completing orders and satisfying customers