Interactive Intelligence Inc.

Interactive Intelligence Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

A Great Place to Work
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2016
This company is a great place to work with excellent people and products. The company takes care of its people. The company develops excellent products. It is an innovative company.
Pros
The People and Products
Great Place to work
Network System Engineer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2016
Interactive is a great place to work. Wonderful people and the ability to grow with the culture and business. Any opportunity to work here should be explored.
Used to be a great place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2016
The culture used to be great but there is no longer a feeling of security or cohesiveness there. Strategic direction changes are quite frequent causing a lack of focus among the teams. Lots of silo activities going on without collaboration. Very sad seeing what is happening.
Interactive Intelligence
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 21, 2016
Interactive Intelligence is a wonderful place to work. Don Brown is a great leader and is always thinking outside the box. I am currently an Account Manager and manage all aspects of these accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people who I get to work with every day.
Pros
Environment, Leadership, and Product Direction
Remote worker perspective is better than being there
Senior SIP Interface Developer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2015
Upper management and the ambitious direction In-In is going make it difficult to say how it was working with them.

Technical expertise and focus on the customers' service and product is pretty strong. Quality is a priority of mine and they deliver.

As with normal Telecom, the newest tools are not always the most welcome ... but hiring and focus on new Cloud technology has changed a large amount and any programmer will be very impressed with their focus on a good layer of OS abstraction and incredibly useful and well-maintained utility libraries.

Their libraries and their dedication to excellence in that area is the best I've ever seen among any company. Quite a relief as I am Linux-centered and very much uninterested in Windows-only code. They do make their code very well that way.
Pros
Remote work is very welcome and needed. Life work balance is quite strong.
Cons
Intense work in new project areas. Very demanding / resistant upper management.
Great Place to Work
Business Operations Analyst, CaaS (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2015
Work life balance second to none. Very bright co-workers. A lot of future growth potential. No dress code. Company utilizes the best business tools.
Hard to Advance
Sales (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisOctober 6, 2015
Good culture, casual atmosphere, but difficult to advance unless you are a select group of individuals. Management does not take advice from lower level employees who have evidence of change needed. They make changes among other managers without input from others and many times do not share changes and up coming products with employees. Supposed to be a innovative company, but many times enter technology areas late in the game.
Pros
no dress code, many company parties, flex time
Cons
hard to advance, communication throughout company
It all depends on your director/manager
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 31, 2015
Interactive has a great culture overall, but your success depends largely on the chain of command, and the degree to which they play office politics.
Pros
good healthcare & benefits
Cons
managers are allowed to run departments like small kingdoms, with little oversight.
Living the dream...
Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 17, 2015
I am grateful to work around not only some of the world's cutting-edge technology, but around much of the world's most intelligent people. We have so many different opportunities and each of us have the ability to make our career everything we want it to be and to the next level. There are people working in positions, which they created...we are innovative, ambitious, hungry, and we genuinely care about each other.
Pros
Large workout facility, on-site health care at corporate, masseuse, game room, cafe, various events, and so much more!
Cons
Just not sure.
Great employer that provides exceptional benefits and fun work environment
E-Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2015
Good benefits, good work/life balance, and job culture. Personnel management seems to be facing tenure burnout. Upper management is solid.
Pros
On-site gym, cafe, rock-climbing wall, fitness classes.
Don't consider it
Application Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2015
Company initially appeared to be great but then you're working 60 - 80 hours a week. Everything they told me when hiring me was not true. They made everything look perfect but reality kicked in. They're going through growing pains and nothing is well thought through and last minute decisions and changes.
Benefits
Cons
Hours, Management, Too much traveling, No clear direction
Fun place to work
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2015
High-caliber engineers with lots of experience and knowledge. Great place to get good software engineering experience.
Productive and Fun place to work
Global Logistics Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2015
I enjoy working at ININ. They do a lot for the employees to maintain a work/life balance. They have a gym and rock wall onsite.
Pros
health coverage starts from day one. onsite clinic for me and my family.
Cons
no room for advancement in my field
Awesome atmosphere and great people
Automated Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2015
My time at Interactive Intelligence was limited due to a job transfer and promotion for my wife; however, while there I grained much knowledge about the company and automated testing.

The automated testing team used Test Complete by Smart Bear. New hires were all trained right away on the company core product which included some telephony standards. We then familiarized ourselves on virtual environments, Windows Server 2008 R2, and asked we gain as much hands on experience on javascript and Test Complete.

I was at the corporate head quarters, which included an awesome cafe (free bagels Fridays), a gym with a rock wall, quite/massage room, as well as maternity care and on site wellness care.

...I wish I didn't need to leave.
Pros
awesome and cool atmosphere
Cons
not much around the locattion
Contact center solutions
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 15, 2014
Contact center solutions, both premise and cloud based. Office from home environment.
Great company to work for!
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2014
The work environment is EXTREMELY laid back!

They want you to come to work and hit it hard but it's a very relaxed environment with little micro-management.

The company has an on-site gym and cafe where they provide great quality food!

If the right job opening were available I wouldn't hesitate to seek employment there again.
Fantastic Company of Fabulous People
Scalability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2014
Interactive Intelligence has an amazing culture of motivated, smart people that encourages everyone to be their best. Red tape and bureaucracy are virtually non-existent as everyone is ready to do whatever is necessary to get things done. The physical office environment is great, and state-of-the-art equipment is the norm.
Pros
large gym, cafe, clinic, outdoor walking/running path
Fast paced with lots of great people
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2014
Very open to telecommuting/remote working. My team included people working remotely from Montreal, South Carolina, Virginia, and even Lafayette IN.

Days can be very long if you like that.

The office is quite new, and they are building a fourth building at HQ, so there should be less crowding.

Very positive and supporting if you have an idea for a patent.
Pros
the it support staff is among the best i have ever seen; competant, fast, and courteous. they even handle remote problems in just a few days.
Cons
the cafe used to be great. now it is half automated. many people like it that way, but not me.
Nice company and employees
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2014
If you like to travel this is the company for you. Young culture and relaxed work environment.
Smart people, lots of opportunity
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 26, 2014
Start up atmosphere. Good dedicated people. Work hard play hard.
Pros
beer, free lunches