Enterprise Hosting Company located in the heart of Los Angeles, CA is seeking an IT Architect to spearhead our Private Cloud initiative. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cross functional teams to create strategies that will guide the development of IT capabilities.
- In-depth understanding of industry leading virtualization technologies from both a design and engineering perspective.
- Ability to demonstrate technical capabilities and solution offerings for virtualization in the Data Center, Desktop, and in Hybrid Clouds.
- Ability to design virtualization solutions for enterprise environments. Individual must have experience with virtualization software, x86 hardware, SAN infrastructure, and datacenter networking.
- Transform functional and non-functional requirements into solution architectures and solution designs.
- Technical mentoring for implementation project team members.
- Plan large virtualized systems infrastructure roll-outs and migrations with a particular focus Cloud Automation and Management.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing and virtualization and their application.
- Independently conduct small to medium engagements with customers.
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware vSphere-based product stack and Cloud concepts.
- Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware industrialized consulting service offerings and enhancements to our methodology, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5–10 years experience in IT solution delivery and/or architecture
- Broad experience in multiple infrastructure domains such as: network, database, desktop/mobile, server, virtualization, security, disaster recovery/business continuance, e-mail and collaboration tools, unified communications/VOIP, & middleware
- 4+ years experience in a 24x7 production environment
- Must have a strong, hands on understanding of Linux, Windows, Virtualization, Storage, and Network environments
Medical, Dental, 401K.