InterBank Mortgage Company

InterBank Mortgage Company Employer Reviews

n/a
Sr. Underwriter (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILMarch 26, 2014
Management is need to change. Company need to create guidelines and not jump from one to another possibility.
Stressful/boring place to work
Loan Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILDecember 3, 2013
A typical day at work for me was to sort through the final mortgage documents (the closing package) and put them in a specific order (each closing package was usually well over 100 pages), make sure they were signed correctly and then scan and upload them into the computer system. Then my job was to later upload loans to Fannie Mae- Loan Delivery and – more... Freddie Mac Selling System
and ensure information is correct and then electronically deliver loans to servicers Dovenmuhle and Nationstar. The hardest part of the job was that they stressed that everything was priority and they would ask you to do several different things at one time, but when everything is a priority it's difficult to actually prioritize. It was also stressful that some days we would go over half the day without having any work and then it would be almost time to go and we would get bombarded and have to stay over 2 hours late. Most of my department was often afraid to come into work it seemed because they were afraid of getting in trouble for messing something up, and accidents happen, especially when they are asking you to do several things at the same time. However it seemed like they didn't really understands accidents happen because we would get a write up if we messed up Also, at one point they decided to cut certain departments but then increased the rest of our work because now we had to do those departments jobs, but did not increase our pay. Then a few months later they cut another 20% of the company and from what I've heard, the individuals left have stayed about 2.5 hours late every night since. – less
Productive Workplace
Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILSeptember 12, 2013
A typical day at work would be to come in, get settled into my desk, answer any missed calls/messages, and then get started on my work for the day. My work includes reviewing all broker packages, requesting any missing documentation, and then submitting it to my boss to be either approved or declined to work with our company. My boss would also have – more... me do other projects throughout the day such as "scrubbing" accounts for Sales Managers, going through past applications for certain documentation and anything else he needs help with.

I learned that you constantly learn new things everyday and in order to grow and be the best that you can be you have to take everything that is given to you and run with it.

My manager and supervisor are very supportive and easy to get along with. They challenge me, but at the same time do not push me to be the best that I can be.

My co-workers are supportive and good with giving constructive criticism. We help each other out all of the time.

The hardest part about my job would have to be staying busy on a regular basis. The workload comes in at different times and sometimes all at once and sometimes none at all.

The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the people I work with and learning new things about my company and how it works everyday. I always want to be challenged and pushed and when you learn new things or how to do something new it helps to push me as an employee and want to go further. – less
Productive Team with a lot of Chemistry. Active, easy to get along. Listeners, Good Work Ethic.
Treasury Team Lead (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILJuly 22, 2013
Pros: team chemistry is amazing
Cons: i want to be busier and be trained more on our products and our company as a whole.
Very easy going, determined department. Assign/Assist all Treasury Analysts with sending all the wires for each loan promptly and efficiently out to each title company by checking documentation. Hardest part of my day is managing and understanding the functions of each bank we work with. Still adjusting and learning each bank we work directly with. – more... I get a long with my team. They are a bunch of great individuals with a lot of potential. We help each other out. Definitely one of the best teams I have ever worked with. What I learned is to always take responsibility and when wrong, admit your faults, and learn from mistakes. We are all not perfect. My work ethic has improved dramatically and I see myself having a promising future. – less
If you need a job, they are always hiring....always.
Jr. Uw (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: horrible management, no work life balance, low moral, extremely busy with no appreciation, mandatory overtime and ridiculous goals, no incentive, crammed work space.
Definitely an experience I hope I never have again. not a comfortable work environment, on edge on a daily basis. who will quit next....

April 22, 2013

I TIOTALLY AGREE THIS PLACE IS A SWEAT SHOP, YOU ARE TREATED LIKE A ROBOT NOT A HUMAN BEING, THE WORSE JOB I HAVE EVER HAD.

June 12, 2013

I beleive that those who work overtime get compensated. Also, the company is upfront and forthcoming about if the position you are interviewing for requires overtime and approximately how much overtime is required. On another note, the culture is work hard, play hard! Yes we work hard, but at least we aren't sitting around looking at the clock. Great benefits, lots of potlucks, and other nice treats from time to time. Upper management tries to reward us in little ways when they can for our hard work. I truley feel that I am valued as an employee. On many of the holidays in which it is not traditional to receive holiday pay, the owner's will let everyone end a few hour early. Yes, a small reward, but nevertheless, it is not something that they have to do at all. Be appreciative!

Excellent place to work
Sr. Recruiter (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILMarch 14, 2013
Pros: work life balance, overall compensation
Cons: you have to be prepared to work hard each day, no gimmee's
Great place to work and advance. Company practices work-life balance. Overall compensation package is better than most. Fast growing company with over 400 employees. Offers training to employees and most is done one on one. Very diverse workforce, lots of company sponsored events. Just a great place to come to work each day.

I have worked for quite – more... a few fortune 500 companies and this is one of the best places I have worked in my life. My experiences have been very good.

Would give a grade A to Sr. Management

You know that you will be treated in an honest and fair manner. – less
Jr. Underwritering Dept
Jr Underwriter (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: working with vrey knowledgeable co-workers that enjoy what you do.
Cons: mandatory weekends for 8 months straight.
Work load is extremely high and overtime was mandatory. Although I was able to work the mandatory overtime 7 days a week can been extreme at times. I worked very good with others and am not afraid to ask questions with I am not sure of an answer. I also do research to be certain I am giving the correct information to my customers. I can work from both – more... the office and home. – less
Good location and comfortable work environment
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILSeptember 3, 2012
My experience at Interbank Mortgage Company was good. The office was located close to my home and the office was exceptionally clean.

InterBank Mortgage Company Photos