InterCall Employee Reviews

Better than being unemployed.
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2017
The company is maturing. If you are focused on your goals and make sure to protect your own interests it's fine.

Middle management generally means well but is hampered by upper management's lack of understanding of the process details down in the trenches. Upper management means well but is hampered by middle management's tendency to oversimplify issues.

There is a residual poison in the company culture from a few good ol'e boys who used to be in charge and a few empire builders who are still busy climbing the corporate ladder, and there's still way too much politics and jockeying, but in general the place is full of great folks to work with, and there is a ton of potential growth for someone with drive and thick skin.
Pros
rich environment for experience potential
Cons
too much politics, especially in management; not enough training
Call floor is a relaxed atmosphere
Lead Conferencing Operator (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Large call center space, paid lunches if work load it large, ability to socialize with co-workers on slow days. Training is in small groups for a few weeks. Trainer takes time to efficiently do their job
Pros
Atmosphere, management and training. Fast advancement
Cons
Poor pay, long hours
Very productive work place, with opportunity to grow.
Senior Event Operator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 17, 2017
I really liked working for Intercall, I worked there for a full year and loved it. It was my first office job, so it taught me a lot about those environments. Great management and they always gave you the option to promote and better yourself.
Pros
Free lunches, great managment
Cons
short breaks, office drama with employess.
Very comfortable work atmoshpere
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 8, 2016
I logged on to my computer. And answer calls for conferences. Sometime I would have to set up the conferences on what is called the bridge. I was Given scripts on what to say to my customers by management. My co- workers where all very helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was dealing with wrong numbers that called in to the center. But I love dealing with the actual customers.
Stable.
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAFebruary 22, 2016
Intercall is competitive in this area as far as pay simply because it's better than minimum wage. The schedules are flexible and the attendance policy allows employees to be able to keep their jobs if they have missed a few days and even allows for employees to earn back occurrences that they have accumulated. The management always seeks to help and better the employees by providing training with any areas of the job that may be lacking. It requires you to constantly be flexible due to your schedule changing at a moment's notice. The co workers can sometimes be immature and can create a "high school" like environment. Working here has taught me to be flexible, and work as a team to accomplish goals and to help other co workers that may be struggling, so it encourages teamwork.
Pros
Different schedules to balance home/work life.
Cons
Pay caps out at 11.50, not a lot of opportunity to progress afterward.
Event Operator (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJuly 18, 2016
connecting people over the phone to conference calls was the job. I learned how to transfer calls in different ways. Management was awesome. I loved my co workers. The hardest part of the job was to not drop a call. I enjoyed speaking with different people.
Pros
benefits, extra pay, and bonus pay
Cons
dropping calls, messing up conference calls leads to write ups and termination.
Show me the money
Operations Zone Trainer (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 29, 2015
worked for Intercall, a Subsidiary of West Corporation for 11 years. It was a great place to work until a couple years ago. Quarterly and end of the year bonuses stopped. No more Holiday parties! We got a raise every 3 years, which was only a quarter. So as the cost of living went up, the company was not very considerate. Next health premiums went up as well. Management in my department worked remotely from the primary call center, which was good in teaching me the skills of self management. But became a downfall as I felt used and unappreciated. It was if I was talking to strangers. But the most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers and coworkers.
Pros
free lunches on high volume days, team contests
Cons
25 cents raise every 3yrs, rising healthcare premiums, no room to advance
Low budget Call Center
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 13, 2016
Entry Level positions at a Call Center that was bought from Sprint and closed within 3 years of operation. West Communications purchased the Lenexa office, and ran a hybrid between Sprint, and Intercall operations the whole time. there were legacy associates from Sprint who were grandfathered in on a lot of policies that were not afforded to the Intercall associates, and that caused quite a bit of friction.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
low pay, low benefits, low job satisfaction
Opportunity to learn
VNOC (Former Employee) –  Lanett AlabamaAugust 22, 2016
Great place to work. Team environment. Lots of opportunity for overtime. Management encourages. Great opportunity for learning new and exciting world of Video Conferencing.
Pros
Learn new software
Cons
Time closely monitored
i learned a lot in that job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2017
it was a busy place but at the same time fun because i had so many responsibilities for myself, and the people i was working with were really nice.
Great learning experience
CONFERENCE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAApril 13, 2016
This was my first real job. I was an expert reservationist so I would answer the phone with a provided script and schedule conference calls for customers. I learned how to work with people and this is where I learned a good bit of my customer service. I was also a voice talent operator. The management was awful. This was a very poorly ran company with huge turnover. My co-workers were good. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management that was not very easy to do business with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with irate customers and being able to calm them down and knowing that I was able to complete a Q&A session that would be heard by the entire company with my voice as the narrator.
Pros
learning great customer service
Cons
management
Very Good
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAJuly 21, 2016
Very Nice Place to Work,Flexible Schedules,Free Lunches And The Company Has Opportunities For Advancement,Get Promotions Very Quickly Within The Company
Pros
Schedules
Cons
Coworkers, Pay
Customer Service Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 6, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of answering a computerized phone for conference calls. Also helping customers with any questions they had about the conference.
Teamwork Environment and fast paced
Event Specialist Operator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 8, 2016
You go into work and review your schedule and contact customers to ensure that all of the call details on the reservation are correct. Also you are to lead and execute calls throughout your schedule.

I learned how to be a team worker and help others out when they need help.

Their isn't a whole lot that I could actually say negative about management except a couple incidences. They push you to help you better yourself.

My co-workers were more like family and I enjoyed working with them all.

The hardest part of the job was when you had calls that extended over the duration that the reservation was for and runs into the set up of another call. You had to rush and get the call setup and ready in less time than scheduled.
Pros
Free lunches and other incentives
Cons
Embracing speed and change daily
An average place to work
Expert Event Operator (Former Employee) –  West Point, GASeptember 30, 2015
It's not a hard job. You can learn a lot of skills. You can move up very quickly. Sometimes there was a lot of miscommunication. A lot of co-workers are very helpful. I was part time and still received vacation and holiday pay. There are very good vacation benefits. The only downside to the job is you move up quickly and make decent money but if you are there for many years your pay doesn't go up very much. Once you are getting top pay you don't receive anymore raises. It is a good job temporarly but maybe not a good idea for something long term.
Pros
Move up quickly, a lot of experience
Cons
Pay is good at first but for long term the pay isn't very good
InterCall was a wonderful place to work
Global Account Manager - World Wide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2016
I began my Conferencing journey at Intercall. It was a great place to work. I learned so much about conferencing during my time there. It was a great place to begin.
Very unclear expectations, management and a stressful training process.
Web Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland ORNovember 3, 2014
When I was interviewed they weren't clear to me about what kind of job I was applying for. Web conferencing, aka reading scripts and doing tech support for huge companies having "virtual events" were what I was signing up for. The environment wasn't awful, there was down time in between work loads and most of my coworkers were pleasant. My supervisor was pretty off hand, but at the same time we had Friday check in's and strange interactions. I really disliked that aspect of this job. Management was detached, uninterested and only concerned when something would fail, even after you express concern. Not for me.
Pros
Lunches, good pay, benefits, pot lucks, down time between work.
Cons
Poor management, poor training, high stress.
Wonderful place to work with flexible hours and great benefits
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Point, GASeptember 29, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Management has an open door policy and are all family oriented. InterCall is a corporate America work place with the feel of a mom and pop work atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of working at InterCall were my co-workers, both in office and over seas.
Pros
Life, Health, and Dental benefits, vacation, and 401K
Cons
10 min breaks, and 50 min lunches
No Potential to move up. Awful Management
Expert Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJune 11, 2015
Lack of Management and Management Skills
No lunches on certain days
Co Workers are childish
Does not care about Medical Conditions
Does not care if your family is sick
Most enjoyable part of job is when a customer gives praise because it is not received from employer.
Its a paycheck
Conference Coordinator\CSR (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 15, 2015
This is a great starter job for recent graduates. However the management structure doesn't have a foundation of policy's or procedures. There is a clear display of favoritism exercised here on a daily bases from the director of the VA location down to the supervisors. The potential for advancement here is slim to none, or based on favoritism not work merit. The employee base is good everyone helps everyone, since there is not accountability for the supervisors and all issues fall on the employees. Lack of communication and follow up are a major issue with this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterCall. Our community is ready to answer.

78%