Intercept Youth Services Employee Reviews

Evening Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 9, 2017
Great company to work for, good management. Starting pay is good. Flexible schedule, good for a part time job while going to school. All around good company.
fun
Life Skills Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAApril 5, 2017
loved it would recommend it anyone. fun,relaxed and enjoyable place to work. People are nice and encouraging. always and opportunity to move up in the company.
exciting place to work
Overnight Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23236April 2, 2017
intercept youth services is a wonderful place of employment! It is an very rewarding job and offers job security and a real chance to impact the lives of families.
Great experience
Life Skills Counselor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23228March 22, 2017
Great environment employees were very helpful and worked as a team. The company is a growing environment and provides skill growth. Loved working with the clients and to see them progress.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Jop security
True North Health Clinic - awesome clinical rotation experience!
Visiting Physician Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 8, 2017
I am a physician assistant (PA) student, and I had the opportunity to work with two of the most amazing PAs that I have ever met at Intercept's True North Health Clinic! It's such a fun environment to work in, the office staff is so great, and all of the providers are very passionate about providing the best care for their patients. I hope to work at True North Health Clinic in the future! Highly recommend this practice for any PAs with a passion for psychiatry :)
Pros
everything. awesome staff, providers and environment
Cons
can't think of a thing
Time and patience
Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 31, 2017
LOng hours, multi-tasking, not much support across the board, keep good rapport with school, excessive documentation, clients can be most enjoyable part.
Fun
Overnight Counselor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2017
The hardest part of this job was to deal with the management and hours. I never could get on the mourning shift which took away time from my family. The pay was not good here but I was at a starting point of my mental health career as working as a overnight counselor.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
This company changed my contract 3 times within the first 2 weeks
Outpatient Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 20, 2017
My job was a joke, , after 5 months I was fired. It was a set up for management to show they needed more then 1 person for this position, 2 weeks after I left, they had hired 2 people
Very impressed with this company!
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 19, 2017
Intercept has been a great company to work for and True North Health Clinic really does care about their clients and employees. I would recommend Intercept and the True North Clinic to anyone who is looking for a satisfying and rewarding career.
Pros
A sense of team loyalty and passion to help those in need
Cons
I can't pinpoint any
True North Health Clinic
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 18, 2017
I LOVE working at Intercept's True North Health Clinic. Everyone works as a team!! No one is more important than another. It's great to work with an awesome team who always put the clients first!!!!
Pros
Office hours, great pay, and benefits

Want to know more about Intercept Youth Services?

Ask a question
Best place to practice as a PA-C
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 18, 2017
Intercept's True North Health Clinic is a fabulous place to work! If you have a passion to work for a company that truly cares about clients and their employees come join our team! Plus the staff rocks and really has a great time at their job!
Intercept Youth Services
Intensive In-Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAJanuary 11, 2017
Intercept was an okay place to work, yet with it being a new office and the manager having to do all of the jobs before new people were hired it was hard to advance.
Pros
Local
Cons
N/a
Worst place ever
Mental Health Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 9, 2017
The worst place ever to work, they're always talking about there mission and core values, trust me they do not live up to or follow either one. The worst department is the Billing Department, that department is so unprofessional, not to mention very demeaning and there is no filter in what is said to you. If you want to work at a place where you will end up needing therapy yourself then yeah, intercept is highly recommended, but if you want to keep your sanity, then run fast, don't stop.
Pros
Lunch break
Inadequate training, Dismissive and missing supervisory staff
Mental Health Support Counselor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 6, 2017
If you are new to working in a clinical setting this is not the company for you. Training is very basic and if trouble arises you are left to deal with it on your own. Supervisory staff is either in a meeting or on a vacation.

If clients are unwilling to keep appointments or drop services it is still up to you to meet weekly minimums on hours with no help by being given a client base that will ensure success. Pay is not what it seems and the pto promised is not what is presented.

While gaining experience is a positive, bad experiences were more common than good when with this company.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of training, poor supervisory staff, low client base
Over-worked
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 30, 2016
When I first began at Intercept, I loved it. However, as a few employees left the house, upper management failed to replace them. Over the past 8 months I have watched 6 employees leave and they have yet to replace them. The house I work in is extremely understaffed and my supervisor is very over-worked. Upper management needs to get it together if they want people to stay. Pay is also relatively low and they don't pay direct care staff equally even though we all do the same amount of work. Insurance is good. Headquarters has endless coffee-they seem to live the high life in comparison to the residential houses.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Read description.
Run
Intensive In-Home Counselor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke County, VADecember 5, 2016
Company cares more about units than employees or clients. Poor management. I have found that it is difficult to get paid upon availability of clients. You have to get minimum units. If you can't work due to client being available then you lose pay. If you take time off you have to make up units.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No paid time off. Poor compensation
Fair
Resident Counselor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 14, 2016
Assist residents with everyday living. Help with life skills, social skills, and transitioning. The hardest part of the job is the residents everyday battles.
Great place to work!
MHS Skill Building/IIH Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 23, 2016
The most difficult part of the job is going into clients homes, sometimes situations are unknown. I valued every client and loved serving the population that I work with. The CEO has an excellent personality and vision.
Very crooked management..
Support Counselor (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 27, 2016
I had to move and they told me I could transfer. They later told me that I was 'ineligible for rehire' because I did not submit a two weeks notice, but I let them know a month in advance though...I even forwarded the emails for proof to HR and they never responded back. So much for this company having 'values and morals'...no wonder the turnover rate is so high.
Pros
Very easy and chill work environment. Working with the youth. Decent hours.
Cons
Pay sucks, No benefits for part-time employees. No advancement opportunities, They lie on their employees
CBS- great team to work for !
Community Based Counselor-II (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 23, 2016
CBS is a department you should work for if you're straight out of college because it will consume your life. The pay is decent, but some days you'll feel like it's not enough for the amount and quality of work you provide to your clients. I didn't fully understand that counselors didn't get PTO because the schedule is "flexible" for you to make up hours; but truthfully you won't always hit the expected amount of hours every week because clients cancel or aren't home when you try to meet. This job isn't for everyone, but you will gain great experience and knowledge. Lastly, I haven't seen what other reviewers believe about the company only caring about money and billing. I've been blessed with wonderful supervisors and overall enjoy working for Intercept.
Pros
Very supportive supervisor!
Cons
Paperwork, no PTO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intercept Youth Services. Our community is ready to answer.