Must be able to obtain clearance
Intercom Federal Systems is seeking a qualified individual to join our team supporting operations and maintenance of a large scale IT environment at the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs.
Duties include design, engineering, implementation, and operations of storage and SAN infrastructure. Candidate will be the primary Storage Engineer and must be able to work independently as well as an integral member of an approx. 30-member operations team.
Primary requirements include:
- At least 5 years experience in the IT field with relevant and current certifications; 10 years experience preferred
- Working knowledge of the following protocols; CIFS, NFS, FC and iSCSI
- Hands on experience with NetApp Operations Manager and EMC Unisphere
- Support and daily administration of NetApp and EMC storage infrastructure
- Providing support for storage projects and solutions such as backup and restore, disaster recovery, storage consolidation, data protection, and storage performance
- Competency in Microsoft Windows systems administrator and a strong understanding of VMWare; Must be adept in provisioning storage to both platforms via fiber channel (Provisioning vis iSCSI and NFS a plus)
- Fluency of NetApp and EMC Storage; Operation and management of NetApp and EMC Storage, including replication between sites Working with vendors to design storage solutions as needed
- Implementation of new SAN/NAS equipment and migration from old storage, decommissioning of old storage, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the underlying storage architecture and features, including ability to explain aggregates, volumes, luns, thin vs. thick provisioning, replication, and be familiar with various console commands, etc.
- Storage efficiency optimization such as upgrades, performance tuning, and system audit tasks
- Able to work in a highly complex environment supporting multiple groups on diverse projects; Comfortable interfacing with customers in order to troubleshoot and strategize on systems, including the ability to develop and implement future changes.
- Create and maintain storage infrastructure Best Practices and How-To documentation
- A strong understanding of VMWare and virtualization technologies is a plus
Education and Certifications:
- BS in a technical field may supplement experience
- Storage related certifications are a plus
Who We Are
An established, privately-held Information Technology company that, from its origins in 1990, has been delivering secure,...