InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Productive and relaxed workplace
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 16, 2017
Working at IHG was an awesome experience for me. I learned a lot under my manager and everybody worked together to solve the common problem. I would recommend working here!
Loved the challenge of different problems
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2017
I loved helping people and doing the best to make sure the needs of the guest were met and going above and beyond to ensure the guest appreciates the effort that I put into my job, every call I took was always new and unique and challenged me so I looked forward to each call,
Relaxed laid back culture
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 15, 2017
Global company with opportunities to relocated to various areas and departments. Diverse group of employees and several businesses surrounding the location.
Pros
Room discounts
Cons
Inconsistent processes
Poor Management decisions
Global Test Data Manager for TCOE (Current Employee) –  3 Ravinia, Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2017
Old structure, limited use of technical language, one must learn to speak in "IHG" language. Poorly conceived business decisions at high levle that have huge negative impact on operations.
Hardest part of job is taking criticism for problems that you did not create. Set up for failure/poor management.
Very fun place they were good to employes
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 13, 2017
I enjoyed my many year of employment if had been up to me i would have retire from that was my job until it was sold not asking me if i want retire from. New people own it threw me out with three line after over fifteen year no serfiveric pay. It wasn't fare but mi help open that hotel up it hurt bad but that was my hotel i just like working there when i thank about it hurt
Pros
We were like family
Cons
This happend when they sold it but The IHG didnt do wright by me
On the phone
Reservation Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 12, 2017
Constantly on the phone. clients run the range from experienced traveler to bumbling idiots, Good is good, but bad is worse. Must shill for Credit Card Company and Time Shares, and they keep raising the expected number of "transfers" to these "Partners", because more transfers = more revenue.
It is all about the "bottom line".
I have been through 3 pay plans and 2 different commission/incentive
structures since starting here.
New Director came straight from the Time Share world, go figure.
Pros
If you have PTO accrued you can take it on a minutes notice
Cons
Low Pay, High Insurance Costs(20% of your gross)
maintenance
Maintenance Representative (Former Employee) –  fort campbell, Holiday innAugust 10, 2017
didn't like the games management played or the constant bickering among the staff, too must drama and worrying about other employees and what they are doing.
Pros
close to home
Cons
working theere
Very Large Matrix'd Corporation
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2017
Lots of nice people work at IHG, however, it is a large and slow moving corporate environment, so be willing to endure this if you choose to work here.
Pros
discounts on hotel rooms, fun to work on hospitality
Cons
very corporate environment
Difficult Job with rewards
Banquet Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 10, 2017
If you enjoy working hard and working with a very strong union you will like this job. It can be very difficult at time and very long hours but when the groups leave and gives us their approval i ts a good feeling
Very fun, they did a lot of activitues inside and outside of work.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 8, 2017
Very fun friendly and professional place to work. Calls were very easy. Management was very professional with over viewing your calls with you. Always had activities inside and outside of work.
Excellent Company
Key Account Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2017
Great company culture and environment, excellent advancement opportunities, competitive salary and benefits. Opportunity to work with colleagues across the globe, Fortune 500 clients, great management team.
Great Place to work
Reservation specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 3, 2017
Great place to work! enjoy discounts and perks of working for such a great company. This company make you feel like family and no an employee or just a number.
productive, fun place, positive atmosphere
Reservations Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SC 29418August 3, 2017
They offer great hours, have weekly training classes that overly prepare you, and working environment is always positive.

Everyone is always smiling and enjoys working around the clock.

Management is great and really works with everyone to improve themselves and strive to be the best.

The company takes very good care of their employees and allows for a plethora of opportunities for management positions just after the first 6 months of working.

Hardest part is probably learning how to multitask and being great with time management.
Pros
free lunches, positive atmosphere, dress down on the weekends, promotion opportunities always available
Interesting workplace
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL mJuly 31, 2017
Intercontinental Miami is a cool work space. You meet and work with some of the best people who can become lifelong friends. Management in the department I worked for could be improved.
Pros
Benefits, commission, employees
Cons
No free lunch, crazy managers
N/a
Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 30, 2017
A good at IHG. I learned alot and enjoyed working with people. Every day was a learning experience. Great management team that cares about their people
Best company I've ever worked for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 29, 2017
There's a real passion among the leaders in the company. They all make an effort to become family. The constant perks were the best! Everyone makes an effort to ensure that everyone succeeds in their goals
Pros
Free lunches, free hotel merch, friendly employees
fun environment that pushes you to do your best
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 28, 2017
This is one of the BEST companies I have ever worked for. The compensation and bonus commission is good but the benefits are amazing. I have enjoyed being pushed to learn and do my very best everyday in a great environment that celebrates independence and individualism.
Pros
hotel discounts, rewarding compensation and benefits
Cons
late hours
One of the best place to work
Senior Business Intelligence Lead and Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, CAJuly 28, 2017
- Flexible hours and good management
- Advance technology infrastructure
Horrible pay
Reservation specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 28, 2017
Horrible pay
low commission
micromanage every aspect of your day
bid for shift time based on performance
low raises of 3%
loud environment
if overtime was not approved they just wont pay it, even the regular pay
Pros
free swag
Cons
low pay
IHG hotels' Ft. Hood What's there to say...
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 25, 2017
Typical work day: Mondays and Fridays are very busy. Weekends are give or take since it's just checkouts that are cleaned. Training: taught how to make beds and clean rooms. Management: Hotel managers on Ft hood are nice and lenient half of the time, and have favoritism towards certain workers. Housekeeping supervisors at IHG hotels on FT HOOD need leadership training such as holding composure, clear simple communication, being leaders and not gossipers, human skills, and honesty, just to name some categories for improvement. Workplace culture: Diverse. Hardest part of the job: cleaning a room that has been wrecked especially a 1, 2 bedroom suite or apartment room by yourself! Most enjoyable part: Meeting people from all over, just be careful not to share your life story. Fort hood IHG hotels seems to only hire Part- Time workers rather than full time. It's like their being cheap since Pt doesn't get paid holidays (and will always work during a paid holiday). I've seen so much workers from different departments come and go! Overall, if you keep to yourself and you're a team player, and can bite your tongue because you need a job then employment here is for you.
Pros
able to take home things that guest leave as long as the guest says so, and tips every once in a great while.
Cons
No holiday pay for Part- time employees, no benefits. Grown Woman that gossip about each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2