InterDent Employee Reviews

Stay away
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 23, 2017
This office is full of unprofessional disrespectful ladies who have alienated patient after patient and employee after employee. I used to love coming to work but it became a place I dreaded going and felt morally and ethically that I couldn't continue to be a part of this office. IF you love hygiene and what you do and care for your patients then seek employment elsewhere!!!
Productive and friendly staff
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CA 90301April 4, 2017
This is a good place to work. As a traveling dental assistant you don't get many days, but the mileage checks make up for the days. Majority of the assistants are pleasant to work with. Fast paced, great for a strong and fast assistant. They have great doctors that are easy to work with for the most part.
Pros
4+ days, Mileage checks, friendly staff
Cons
some offices are very far
Beginners
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 28, 2017
Very productive and high in demand office. Company Micro manages everyone and some what flexible when it comes to doctor appointments. When specifying you bilingual make sure you are.
Avoid
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 10, 2017
I started losing my passion for dentistry working for this company. I loved the people I worked with, but the higher ups were awful. Nothing was good enough! Goal was unattainable. The best thing I did was leave, my health has improved and my happiness!
Benefits
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, unappreciated
Very productive and awesome place to work.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMarch 7, 2017
I was allowed to do my externship at Gentle Dental. The team at the Bellingham office is awesome. Everyone is very nice and the team is excellent. They are so respectful of one another. They go out of their way for every patient and make each patient feel happy and comfortable. I have learned an extraordinary amount of information and I am so glad I was able to do my extern at this office. I was treated like family and I will never forget my time there.
corporate dentistry with some bright spots
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CA and Albany, ORNovember 4, 2016
Working in OR was a good experience with less pressure and a good working environment. Working in the CA braches tended to be that opposite. Needless to say it all depends who runs the office that you are at.
Pros
decent pay and chances for CE
Cons
large work volumes
Overworked and underpaid
Back Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 20, 2016
Very high turnover. Management expects unreasonable work from back office. No breaks. Lack of supplies. Management team turns over every couple of years. Third CEO this year. Look at all the positions constantly on Indeed.
Pros
Keeps you very busy
Cons
no breaks, no supplies, no consistency, low pay
Avoid!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 17, 2016
Although, I have learned a lot from this company I also realized that the best thing I did was leaving the company. There was no more room for growth or even a review! Management was too busy trying to impress everyone that they neglect their whole department. The list of CONS are endless!!!!! or and FAVORITISM IS VERY HIGH with this company!

Also I feel like management(s) are going through midlife crisis!!!! If you never believe in a super being...this is the time you should start! This company needs prayers and if you even think to apply for any position for this company...you need to get BLESSED!

Good luck and please take this review into consideration because there is no sugar coating just pure brutal honesty.
Pros
lenient and flexible
Cons
managment are imcompetent, reviews are only for favorite people, may give you advice but never follow their own, don't take responsibility, doens't allow staff to grow
Avoid At all costs
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gresham, OROctober 2, 2015
Beware of management having hidden agendas. This company does not high quality senior management. They are more interested in hiring friends and "yes" people. Patients are not first priority for the dental company. This company has filed for bankruptcy several times over the years because of poor management of expenses. Beware of the doctors hired as well. Interdent has an internal incident reporting board that tries to hide the below standard of care treatment given to patients. There are several patients who have been reimbursed for treatment with the hopes of avoiding complaints being submitted to the dental board. Overall, this company is bad news.
Pros
Adequate pay and benefits
Cons
poor work environment
High expectations...low compensation
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 22, 2015
A company that wants more, more, more but rewards only high management. Most of the "workhorses" have not had raises or even cost of living consideration for 5+ years
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Micro managment, frustrating at all levels. The more you work the more they want
Great company. Allowed employees the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis.
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 12, 2014
I had to opportunity to obtain most of my experience working for this company. They allow employees to learn as we worked in a friendly environment.
Small corporate office
Insurance Biller (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 17, 2014
This office was closed. It was a small corporate office.
Good work atmosphere, since it was a small office.
Corporate Dentistry
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 10, 2012
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with as well a the patients. The facility was modern and up to date .
Pros
reimbursed employees professional fees/expenses.
Interdent was a good a compnay to work for until the company was downsizing
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CaliforniaSeptember 13, 2012
Typically I would ready my patient area rooms, sterilize intruments, take radiographs of patients and perform prophylaxis for patients as well as Oral Health Instruction and help set up future appointments for patients. I would assist the dentist in treatment and am adept at 4 handed dentistry and could assist in whatever department I was needed; however I was assigned to one dentist but also worked with the hygienist.